Around Hockey XXI (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Might as well just cancel the next 7 seasons, the Leafs have already won all all those cups.

They're going to win every game 6-5. and I like Freddie Anderson, but they have like 3 NHL defenseman.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
This is all I have to say about Tavares.

I'm happy for him. I'm happy for the Toronto franchise, in that they are being well run right now. Obviously I have little to no interest in the Leafs winning, but that doesn't stop me from recognizing it was a good day for their franchise and, more importantly, to the player who seems to be a pretty stand up guy.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
This is all I have to say about Tavares.

I'm happy for him. I'm happy for the Toronto franchise, in that they are being well run right now. Obviously I have little to no interest in the Leafs winning, but that doesn't stop me from recognizing it was a good day for their franchise and, more importantly, to the player who seems to be a pretty stand up guy.

I have changed my mind a bit about the last. In reading his comments about fulfilling a life long dream to play for the Leafs (or something to that effect) and the reported rumors of him requesting to not be traded at the deadline, then engaging in a week long Lebron like soap opera negotiations, seems to me he was being anything but a stand up guy. Maybe I'm just tired of all these athletes being treated like they will bring world peace or a cure for cancer. I don't know.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
He prefers the mountains to the desert? I mean, in another thread, we just chalked up Cole's move to Colorado to possibly preferring the scenery there.
That was a joke I made. As well as a personal preference of scenery having spent a lot of time in both states.

I forgot we can't make jokes around here. :shakehead

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I'm not joking in either instance. I believe you could be right about Cole. We don't know the guy. Same for Neal. Maybe, both being given the opportunity to choose where they want to play, chose based on their geographical preferences.

Lol I didn't even realize it was you in the other thread. Give yourself some credit, man.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
I have changed my mind a bit about the last. In reading his comments about fulfilling a life long dream to play for the Leafs (or something to that effect) and the reported rumors of him requesting to not be traded at the deadline, then engaging in a week long Lebron like soap opera negotiations, seems to me he was being anything but a stand up guy. Maybe I'm just tired of all these athletes being treated like they will bring world peace or a cure for cancer. I don't know.

Don't confuse negotiation with character. It would be poor a negotiation tactic to advertise to the world where you wanted your destination to be. The Islanders were likely his second choice. In addition, this was his chance to be a UFA.

The only thing that I might have done different is have my agent advertise to the Islanders I was going to UFA status and tell any team they considered trading me to that I would likely be a rental.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Don't confuse negotiation with character. It would be poor a negotiation tactic to advertise to the world where you wanted your destination to be. The Islanders were likely his second choice. In addition, this was his chance to be a UFA.

The only thing that I might have done different is have my agent advertise to the Islanders I was going to UFA status and tell any team they considered trading me to that I would likely be a rental.

Waaaiiitt aaa minuuute...

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Jones = Hedman
Werenski <<< Karlsson

Their top pair will have 3 Norris trophies, ours have none. Maybe in a few years Z-Jones will be on the same level.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
For now. In two years, we'll see. Werenski is very good in all three zones and while he may not have the same offensive ceiling, his is still elite level.

You’re cherry picking my post. The follow up statement in mine is the same as your response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad