Around Hockey XXI (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
That's a decent return, not great but not bad. Tierney and Norris slate as good middle six centers. Then a 1st and 2nd, and another 2nd conditional on signing.

It's the sort of deal I hope the Jackets avoid, but if they can't get a sign-and-trade worked out it's going to be something like that.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Looking more at the Karlsson trade, I think the Sens could have gotten even more back if they were willing to take some salary. But they sent Karlsson to the one team that had the cap room for him.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
From today’s 31 thoughts ... found this regarding Jumbo Joe hilarious.

27. Other good lines from the NHL Media Tours: Asked if he hoped to get one final big hit out of his career, Detroit’s Niklas Kronwall replied, “No, I’m too slow to catch anyone.” San Jose’s Evander Kane, who briefly lived with Joe Thornton upon his trade to the Sharks, said he saw no evidence Thornton’s home even contains a razor.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Hawks beat writer John Dietz wrote a piece on Brandon Saad in which He stated the following about Columbus and the BlueJackets.

"Columbus -- the NHL equivalent of Siberia."

Here's his twitter handle if you feel like letting him know how you feel regarding this totally uncalled for, out of line, pitiful statement.

@johndietzdh

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Hawks beat writer John Dietz wrote a piece on Brandon Saad in which He stated the following about Columbus and the BlueJackets.

Here's his twitter handle if you feel like letting him know how you feel regarding this totally uncalled for, out of line, pitiful statement.

@johndietzdh

I'm sure Connor Murphy is happy that to hear from him that he apparently grew up in Siberia.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

@johndietzdh
The article in question, for the record.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Gritty+Flyers+MAscot+Thumb.jpg

Why can't we have a cool mascot like the Flyers do? Probably because some Ohio parents would freak out about scaring children and sue someone. I'm still not over losing boomer. We got rid of boomer because he was too ridiculous, which ought to be a virtue for a mascot.

Reactions: thebus88

Monk

Feb 5, 2008

Why can't we have a cool mascot like the Flyers do? Probably because some Ohio parents would freak out about scaring children and sue someone. I'm still not over losing boomer. We got rid of boomer because he was too ridiculous, which ought to be a virtue for a mascot.

My thinking here is around the difficulty in having a silly mascot about the civil war.

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006

I don't think you understand the meaning of "cool." Gritty is an abomination.

Boomer was terrible too.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
Why not just go fighting Irish and have a guy in uniform.

MSU Spartan seems fine too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad