Around Hockey XXI (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Bob with another 5 goal night on only 31 shots. Florida is a scoring juggernaut though.

[TBODY] [/TBODY]

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
If you want to talk about former Jackets, talk about Matt Calvert. The guy was a folk hero in Columbus and he's already a folk hero in Colorado. He's racking up points and leading the team with his hustle. He went straight at Kassian and dropped the gloves after Kassian leveled Mackinnon last night. The stones on that guy...

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I wish I could put this in the prospects thread, but we never signed the guy.

Sokolov is one of the top scorers in the Q this year, and he just put up this beauty for Team Russia.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Responding to the point that Matt Calvert is a folk hero in Columbus. And that he had stones. Other than maybe Figs, nobody on the current team would touch Ovechkin. Not surprised that Calvert is still the same guy.

Reactions: thebus88

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
If you want to talk about former Jackets, talk about Matt Calvert. The guy was a folk hero in Columbus and he's already a folk hero in Colorado. He's racking up points and leading the team with his hustle. He went straight at Kassian and dropped the gloves after Kassian leveled Mackinnon last night. The stones on that guy...

miss that guy so much

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
An update from the old ex-Jackets Thread:

Ian Cole: 0-7-7, +8 in 15 games with Colorado. Starting a whopping 71% of non-on-the-fly starts in the defensive zone, leading to slightly negative possession numbers (though still positive relative to his teammates).
Matt Calvert: 4-8-12, +5 in 20 games with Colorado. On pace for career-highs across the board (including PIM) if he plays a full 82. Positive possession player. Took puck to the head this weekend.
Sergei Bobrovsky: 7-4-4, .882 sv%, 3.53 GAA, 1 SO, -11.69 GSAA (depending on which site you trust) -> still on pace for his worst season if it continues this way
Matt Duchene: 5-11-16 in 18 games for Nashville, -3 bringing his career +/- to a whopping -89, very high possession player for the Preds so far (best possession #s of career if they hold)
Ryan Dzingel: 4-10-14, +7 in 20 games for Carolina, would be first time in career as a positive possession player if it holds. Had cooled off for awhile with an 0-3-3 stretch over 7 games, but has 1-2-3 in the 3 games since then.
Anthony Duclair: 7-3-10, -3 in 20 games for Ottawa, averaging career-high 16:09 TOI. His 7 goals would tie him with PLD for the team lead in Columbus and is as many as Atkinson, Nyquist, and Foligno combined.
Ryan Johansen: 2-12-14, -2 in 19 games for Nashville, negative (relative to teammates) possession player. On pace for lowest goal total of his career. Shots/game are also at his lowest pace since his rookie season.
Artemi Panarin: 9-14-23, +9 in 18 games for the Rangers, a slightly negative possession player on a really bad team so his CF% rel is pretty high. Getting lowest oZone starts of his career, but is averaging career highs in goals & assists (and thus, points) per game so far.
Jack Johnson: 1-3-4, +5 in 19 games for Pittsburgh, averaging career low TOI, and, you may be shocked, still putting up really bad possession numbers. His .21 points/game is his highest points/game pace since leaving Columbus.
Curis McElhinney: 2-1-2, .906 sv%, 3.76 GAA in 5 starts for Tampa Bay. -.34 GSAA -> would be his worst season since the '15-'16 disaster season in Columbus.
Brandon Saad: 6-6-12, even in 20 games for Chicago, averaging career-low TOI (16:27/game), still a high possession player.

Let me know if there are any other requests.​

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
I'd like to request we find some people who are actually fans of hockey and not just the Jackets to post things in here that are just related to the sport and the league and don't have anything to do with players that used to play in Columbus.

From the ex-Jackets Thread:

When things go bad, all the threads start to read the same.

Also, there's not a single other forum at HF with a "former players for our team" dedicated thread. I'm not convinced the CBJ forum needs one, either.

This thread was created specifically as a place for posters to vent about how well or gloat about how poorly the players who left this past offseason were playing, not as some sort of historical record. I'd say there's a day or so here for posting to provide evidence of this thread's continued value, on-topic. Otherwise, we have an Around Hockey thread for non-Jackets discussion.

Thank you.

I get that this is a cathartic topic, given the trade deadline and how much this impacted last season, but there's not much being said other than infrequent game/stat/results posts. Please move any discussion of ex-Jacket players, even players who recently became ex-Jackets, to the Around Hockey thread.

Thank you.

Please let me know when the goalposts stop moving.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I mean, G-d forbid we not dwell endlessly on folks that aren't here anymore.

This is the most sorry and excessive case of jealous ex lover syndrome I've ever seen from a fanbase. And I went through the LeBron-Cavs-Miami era.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad