Around Hockey XXI (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Not surprised he got fired, but why not do it right after the regular season ends and before the draft and free agency.

Perhaps signing a 32-year old to a 5-year, $30m contract with a NMC (and defending their draft picks because the guys were tall) were part of the reasoning for firing?

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
I spent lunch yesterday reading The Athletic article, and then the comments. Agree w/ above; its the timing. Zach Parise's article which came out over the weekend couldn't have helped. The sentiment I took from the Wild fans was they were resigned that Fenton would ride the chair for at least another 1/2 season (+/-). Everybody wanted it to happen, but late July and the month of August nothing ever happens in the NHL. I think there have been more trades since July 10 this year than the last 4 years combined for this time. The league is moving closer and closer to a year round thing.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Shattenkirk on a 1 year, $1.75m "show me" deal with Tampa Bay. TB has 6 non-waivers exempt goalies, something like 9 Dmen, and now under $10m to sign both Point and Erne.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

I can't believe they're letting go the guy who drafted Rick Nash. I mean, he drafted Rick Nash!

Seriously, tho, best of luck to him... preferably far far away from here.

Reactions: LetsGOJackets!!

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Don't look now, former CBJ.. Lukas Sedlak has 5 goals, 6 points, +6 in his first 8 games in the KHL.

Reactions: Lumbus

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I thought he said they weren’t pursuing any new players after Nyquist signing
We have confirmation that he was one of the GMs discussing offer sheet possibilities with Marner and his agent, so that's untrue on its face. Nothing specific known about Gusev, tho (AFAIK).

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
We have confirmation that he was one of the GMs discussing offer sheet possibilities with Marner and his agent, so that's untrue on its face. Nothing specific known about Gusev, tho (AFAIK).
Well, that’s what they said in the press conference after July 1st

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
The Athletic is reporting Jack Johnson will be traded. I guess Jim Rutherford didn’t really know why he wasn’t playing here after all. Go figure.

Reactions: Monk

gocbj

Aug 3, 2007
C9
...anyone see the little bleep Marchand at 8:43 to go in the 3rd? Tough guy laying on the Chicago guy and poking him in the eyes. Great tough fight you sissy

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
The Athletic is reporting Jack Johnson will be traded. I guess Jim Rutherford didn’t really know why he wasn’t playing here after all. Go figure.

Not that we’re trying to trade them, but it’s weird that they can trade JJ yet we can’t find a deal for Murray/Nutivaara/Kukan/Harrington/Gavrikov

Reactions: EspenK

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Not that we’re trying to trade them, but it’s weird that they can trade JJ yet we can’t find a deal for Murray/Nutivaara/Kukan/Harrington/Gavrikov
I don't know that the CBJ is actually looking to trade them. However Pittsburgh is desperate to trade him because they are barely over the salary cap with their anticipated roster and need to dump someone before rosters get finalized if what I read a week or so ago is still accurate.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

I don't understand this point. If the FO isn't trying to trade them, how would we (as fans) know if they can find a deal for those players?

I'm pretty sure they could find a deal for them. I don't know what the returns would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->