McKenzie: Arizona looking for established young players for Hanzal (mod)

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Lehkonen + 2nd for Hanzal and doan

Dear God no.

Lehkonen is off the table. He would be for me, at the very least.

Wouldn't be too keen on moving either of Hudon of McCarron either.

Andrighetto/Carr could be bargained. But at this point, I don't think Arizona would be interested.

Hanzal to Montreal makes sense at the trade deadline, not before. If Arizona can pass him off to another team before then, good for them.

I'm confused. Why would it make more sense to trade for Hanzal at the deadline rather than now, when Galchenyuk and Desharnais are currently out for the next 6 to 8 weeks? They'll be back by the deadline, and the Habs need help now.

hockeyheadlines

Oct 9, 2016
Canada
Dear God no.

Lehkonen is off the table. He would be for me, at the very least.

Wouldn't be too keen on moving either of Hudon of McCarron either.

Andrighetto/Carr could be bargained. But at this point, I don't think Arizona would be interested.

I'm confused. Why would it make more sense to trade for Hanzal at the deadline rather than now, when Galchenyuk and Desharnais are currently out for the next 6 to 8 weeks? They'll be back by the deadline, and the Habs need help now.

Because at the trade deadline, we'll know where we stand. We might need a defenseman more than a center, no one knows this early in the season.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Because at the trade deadline, we'll know where we stand. We might need a defenseman more than a center, no one knows this early in the season.

You do know you need a center right now. Shaw is playing center on the 2nd line and Mitchell is centering the 3rd line for crying out loud.

Also, acquiring a center now does not prevent the Habs from making a move at the dealine for a defenseman.

hockeyheadlines

Oct 9, 2016
Canada
You do know you need a center right now. Shaw is playing center on the 2nd line and Mitchell is centering the 3rd line for crying out loud.

Also, acquiring a center now does not prevent the Habs from making a move at the dealine for a defenseman.

Andrew Shaw is a center. Mitchell, Byron and Danault are all centers.

I'm not saying it won't happen but I'd wait. If we start to nosedive, things could change.

Baymen4

Oct 31, 2016
lehkonen gets the deal done now at the deadline it can be a prospect mccarron or sherbet

Positive Vibes

im just here to argue
Jun 24, 2016
Depths of Hell

were near the 30 game mark. Habs know where they stand now. they dont need to wait to make the moves at the deadline and i hope that isnt the case atleast for the issue at centre anyway.

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
As I always post in any Martin Hanzal thread, I've always coveted him on the Kings. That said, I think we need a skilled winger more than a center based on where we are.

However, I wouldn't be disappointed to give up Amadio plus. Not a first-round pick, though.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
As I always post in any Martin Hanzal thread, I've always coveted him on the Kings. That said, I think we need a skilled winger more than a center based on where we are.

However, I wouldn't be disappointed to give up Amadio plus. Not a first-round pick, though.

get him move carter to kopitars rw

gaborik kopitar carter
pearson hazel toffoli
brown dowd lewis
clifford shore andreoff

No way we would give up either imo amadio is the best prospect we have right now with kempe in a slump

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Hanzal + Stone for RNH + ???

That actually makes a bit of sense, but I don't know why EDM would want Hanzal, unless they are going for it this year.

Yeah, I could see ARI going for this.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
It's funny how fans of Pacific Division teams all recognize Hanzals value while a lot of eastern fans think he's 3/4C......

It's like they actually watch him play on a regular basis or something.

He's an excellent two-way center who's wonderful defensively (and on quick glance his WOWYs look very nice as well although I haven't really checked that very closely), yet despite putting up PPG and P/60 rates consistent with a good #2C's production for most of his career, he still has best years ever of just 41 and 40 points because he's constantly losing large chunks of games to injury - the last time he managed to play more than 80% of a season was in 2010. So he has a very desirable skillset, but he's nonetheless a bit of a worrisome risk w/r/t being someone you want to acquire to shore things up. It's not a question of his being capable of delivering and delivering well but rather if he'll be healthy enough to do it when you need him.

Again, I can't speak for other teams, but given that risk, the Jackets would likely be happier just keeping Jenner and/or Karlsson. Karlsson isn't as good, but he plays a full season and delivers roughly comparable results. And Jenner's got much higher goal scoring upside.

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida
I don't think any team wants to give up anything for Hanzal especially if his contract is up after this season and they can just sign him as a free agent of Arizona doesn't resign.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I don't think any team wants to give up anything for Hanzal especially if his contract is up after this season and they can just sign him as a free agent of Arizona doesn't resign.

Your missing the point. ANY team that thinks they can win a cup, and they think Hanzal could be that missing piece they will trade for him, and will likely give up more than we think they should, and won't even care about his contract status. Winning the cup is hard, and if you get that close you do what you can to win it.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Your missing the point. ANY team that thinks they can win a cup, and they think Hanzal could be that missing piece they will trade for him, and will likely give up more than we think they should, and won't even care about his contract status. Winning the cup is hard, and if you get that close you do what you can to win it.
It's like people have forgotten what a deadline rental is in this thread.

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
He's an excellent two-way center who's wonderful defensively (and on quick glance his WOWYs look very nice as well although I haven't really checked that very closely), yet despite putting up PPG and P/60 rates consistent with a good #2C's production for most of his career, he still has best years ever of just 41 and 40 points because he's constantly losing large chunks of games to injury - the last time he managed to play more than 80% of a season was in 2010. So he has a very desirable skillset, but he's nonetheless a bit of a worrisome risk w/r/t being someone you want to acquire to shore things up. It's not a question of his being capable of delivering and delivering well but rather if he'll be healthy enough to do it when you need him.

Again, I can't speak for other teams, but given that risk, the Jackets would likely be happier just keeping Jenner and/or Karlsson. Karlsson isn't as good, but he plays a full season and delivers roughly comparable results. And Jenner's got much higher goal scoring upside.

What does Columbus' expansion list look like today?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad