McKenzie: Arizona looking for established young players for Hanzal (mod)

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
http://www.tsn.ca/radio/montreal-690/mckenzie-the-habs-don-t-have-any-prospects-teams-want-1.627629

“I think part of the problem is that they're not interested in the prospects. Using Arizona as an example, The Arizona Coyotes don’t want prospects for Martin Hanzal, they want an NHL player. Young (player) and on the roster that can play.”

not sure what to think of McKenzie anymore... He's starting to post some weird information since last summer

Last edited:

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I don't feel like that quote matches the title. Is that what you were going for? Because the way I'm reading it, it's that the Coyotes want a young, proven-that-he-can-be-in-the-show NHLer rather than another prospect, not that Montreal's prospects are bad.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
The title of this thread is quite different than the quote from Mckenzie you've added, OP.

Palmer2Fitz

Oct 2, 2015
Seems like the title should be changed. We don't want prospects in return for Hanzel. It's not that Montreal doesn't have prospects that we would want.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Why is Hanzal a rumored trade target? Arizona has almost no center depth behind him. Can someone explain?

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Apparently they want players like Lehkonen (nhl ready young players).

I wouldn't move Sergachev/Juulsen/McCarron/Scherbak for Hanzal, so yea.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Apparently they want players like Lehkonen (nhl ready young players).

I wouldn't move Sergachev/Juulsen/McCarron/Scherbak for Hanzal, so yea.

you dont move lehkonen for hanzal either

edit: you simply dont go for hanzal

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Next...

McKenzie: "A couple of teams have asked about Shane Doan."

You: "McKenzie: The league is only offering to go to the Olympics because they know the players' association will say no."

Positive Vibes

im just here to argue
Jun 24, 2016
Depths of Hell
i had interest before in Hanzal,not anymore espeically not if it costs us lehkonen or anything around that especially when we have mccarron called up and hes basiaclly a younger hanzal and his contract is up and no gurantee we resign him, need a guranteed 2nd C who has term left.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Lol. "I don't really like what McKenzie is reporting so I'm going to call it weird information to make myself feel better about this."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad