McKenzie: Arizona looking for established young players for Hanzal (mod)

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
If the Coyotes want established players, why don't they keep Hanzal?

Because he is a major risk in terms of a big contract and an UFA to be. AZ wants young but established players because they are already working in a big amount of rookies as is.

OP's title is incredibly misleading.

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
Lol. "I don't really like what McKenzie is reporting so I'm going to call it weird information to make myself feel better about this."

Chill dude... I'm not even a habs fan and on more than one occasions since last summer McKenzie have stated stuff that left be a bit puzzled... the las one was "He (Jagr) could be seen as the 3rd best forward to ever play the game"

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I'm not even a habs fan and on more than one occasion McKenzie have stated stuff that eft be a bit puzzled... the las one was "He (Jagr) could be seen as the 3rd best forward to ever play the game"

You didn't even read what he said correctly. He's saying teams are asking for young NHLers, not that the Habs have crap prospects.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I don't think the thread title is what Mckenzie meant. But most folks outside of the Habs fanbase tend to agree (obviously excepting Sergachev).

i had interest before in Hanzal,not anymore espeically not if it costs us lehkonen or anything around that especially when we have mccarron called up and hes basiaclly a younger hanzal and his contract is up and no gurantee we resign him, need a guranteed 2nd C who has term left.

Hanzal hit half a point a game at the point in his career where McCarron is now, draft +3. McCarron has a lot to prove to be "basically a younger Hanzal". I'm not saying the Habs should make that deal, I don't know if MB really sees this as a year to trade away futures like that.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
dumb misleading title..
quite sure teams would want sergachev, juulsen, big mac, lindgren, mete etc...

and no, we're not trading lehkonen to coyotes

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
You didn't even read what he said correctly. He's saying teams are asking for young NHLers, not that the Habs have crap prospects.

The title of this thread is quite different than the quote from Mckenzie you've added, OP.
copied TSN's Title... that's it and added (IE: Hanzal) to it
is it a bit clearer for you... the part I've quote comes from the audio... all the rest is straight from TSN

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Not surprising.
They Habs have one A prospect (that they can't trade), three B prospects (who don't hold a ton of vale on their own) and a bunch of blah.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Sure, Sergachev is a scrub. 29 teams would have no interest in a 6'3 220lb defender who can skate and shoot like him. Juulsen sucks too.

If he phrased it in such a way that stated the prospects Montreal is willing to part with don't interest the other teams then I can see that.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Why is Hanzal a rumored trade target? Arizona has almost no center depth behind him. Can someone explain?

UFA next summer and with or without Hanzal, it doesnt matter, the Yotes wont make the playoffs this year, so by trading Hanzal, you improve your chances to draft first..

As for the next years, you have guys like Strome, Keller and Dvorak..

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Sure, Sergachev is a scrub. 29 teams would have no interest in a 6'3 220lb defender who can skate and shoot like him. Juulsen sucks too.

If he phrased it in such a way that stated the prospects Montreal is willing to part with don't interest the other teams then I can see that.

Thats probably what he meant.. If Sergachev Juulsen and McCarron were available, you probably have 29 teams interested here. But I could see why a guy like Scherbak isnt attractive enough..

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
Terribly misleading thread. Montreal is fine with prospects. Certainly not the best but not the worst either. Considering they are a team that is competing right now, wins are more important than prospects anyway.

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
I dont undestand. Whats the problem with what he said?

Nothing wrong with what Bob said.
He said that for example ARI are not interested in prospects from any teams they want a young NHL roster player for Hanzal.
The problem is the OP's title is wrong/misleading. I know it ,you know it,Anyone that has listen to that interview knows it, except for those that can't coherently understand English.

Positive Vibes

im just here to argue
Jun 24, 2016
Depths of Hell
I don't think the thread title is what Mckenzie meant. But most folks outside of the Habs fanbase tend to agree (obviously excepting Sergachev).

Hanzal hit half a point a game at the point in his career where McCarron is now, draft +3. McCarron has a lot to prove to be "basically a younger Hanzal". I'm not saying the Habs should make that deal, I don't know if MB really sees this as a year to trade away futures like that.

the way i see it,Hanzal is 29,hes injury prone and hes had a max of 14 goals and 40 pts in a season,mccarron doesnt have far to go to be a younger and better verison of Hanzal whatsoever.Habs also need a 2nd line centre who can put up more then 15 goals in a season.

theres no year to trade away the future for a guy like Hanzal period, atleast not for the habs anyway, this trade has no chance of happening with whats being asked for the return. Not trying to say the guy isnt a decent player but he isnt worth whats being asked for him.

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
I have no issue with giving up picks and even one of the prospects other Habs fans and management likely even consider untouchable, but it has to be for a better player than Hanzal and has to be for a more permanent solution.

notsocommonsense

Apr 24, 2013
Next...

McKenzie: "A couple of teams have asked about Shane Doan."

You: "McKenzie: The league is only offering to go to the Olympics because they know the players' association will say no."

Lol, well done. . . OP, the quote from McKenzie is in English. . . If you can't read English, please don't try to break down any more quotes

BobbyShehan

May 29, 2008
NJ
OP's not to blame for the title as it's straight from TSN. I was also misled but I guess TSN got the clicks since I listened to the whole thing, waiting to hear what BM had to complain about the Habs prospects... In any case, I don't understand why the Coyotes aren't going for prospects as they're going nowhere, this year or next. Hanzal is a good player but if you can get a Juulsen ( for the sake of argument) in return, they should jump on it. My guess is they won't get anything of interest so they'll resign him unless Hanzal wants out.

rhinoshawarma

Nov 15, 2014
I don't feel like that quote matches the title. Is that what you were going for? Because the way I'm reading it, it's that the Coyotes want a young, proven-that-he-can-be-in-the-show NHLer rather than another prospect, not that Montreal's prospects are bad.

This, because lets be honest if they were offered sergachev they wouldnt even blink

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
It's nice to want that, just not the usual way that TDL type deals go down.

Exactly. Ridiculous concept for rental UFA.

The best case is a fringe NHLer with roster potential. Kapanen/Milano type.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
It's nice to want that, just not the usual way that TDL type deals go down.
Exactly. Ridiculous concept for rental UFA. The best case is a fringe NHLer with roster potential. Kapanen/Milano type.
Not to mince words, but how established is established?

Hawks gave up Marko Dano and Philip Danault at the deadline last spring. Hawks gave up Klas Dahlbeck and Rangers gave up Anthony Duclair in 2015. These guys were all under 82 NHL GP, but they're "established players." Team don't trade away vital pieces of their roster, but they do trade 20 year olds all the time. I think the point is that the Coyotes don't want a 2017 1st as much as they want a young player who can suit up for the NHL team two days after the trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad