OT: Arizona Coyotes Lounge XIII -- Summertime Blues

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Oh yeah, just got my ticket for the game in Vegas.

Tickets are hot! Cheapest seat on StubHub is $169 currently. On a Tuesday! More expensive that the current cheapest ticket against Detroit a few days later ($123).

At least there's still good deals for lodging on Tuesday. Prices are at least double beginning that Friday.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
How was your eclipse? The Coyotes had fun.

I was at work throughout without a view, but I wasn't planning on catching it anyway (I saw one when I was a kid; it wasn't that exciting). Still, I hope anyone that traveled or held a party had a "occultationistic" time...

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
Cool flick from NF. Stars the original Girl w/ the Dragon Tat.

MV5BNGNhYmU0NDAtNmQwYS00OTYxLTg1ZTEtMTkwZDU0NzI1OTE4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzY0MTE3NzU@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,706,1000_AL_.jpg

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1536537/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
So I get to play the piano at my sister's wedding next weekend. Here's a selection of what I've decided to play:

Felix Mendelssohn - Wedding March (no-brainer)
Frederic Chopin - Nocturne in E flat major, Op. 9 No. 2
Frederic Chopin - Waltz in A minor Op. Posth.
Beethoven - Moonlight Sonata (1st movement only, I suck at the other two)
Johann Sebastian Bach - Prelude in C major
Sergei Rachmaninoff - Prelude in C sharp minor
Vince Guaraldi - Linus and Lucy

Anything you guys think I should add? I have about a week to learn anything new.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
So I get to play the piano at my sister's wedding next weekend. Here's a selection of what I've decided to play:

Felix Mendelssohn - Wedding March (no-brainer)
Frederic Chopin - Nocturne in E flat major, Op. 9 No. 2
Frederic Chopin - Waltz in A minor Op. Posth.
Beethoven - Moonlight Sonata (1st movement only, I suck at the other two)
Johann Sebastian Bach - Prelude in C major
Sergei Rachmaninoff - Prelude in C sharp minor
Vince Guaraldi - Linus and Lucy

Anything you guys think I should add? I have about a week to learn anything new.

I lean towards Grieg when it comes to classical music, but not sure if too many of his pieces would work well for the occasion. Still, here's a 3+hour YouTube video with someone performing a number of his Lyric Pieces (some might work for you and could probably be learned in a week)

Last edited:

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I'm somewhat new to classical, had never heard of Greig, Mendelssohn, or guaraldi. I'm downloading some of their stuff now.

While we're on the subject, I really like Vivaldi, Paganini, and really anytjing string heavy and exciting. Any recommendations based on that?

Also, @RR I got Spotify, so I can finally get all the premiata forneria Marconi, and gentle giant albums. So much better than basic amazon prime music like I had.

Not sure if you ever checked out animals as leaders, but there's another similar band that's a little more proggy, scale the summit. I really like both.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
I'm somewhat new to classical, had never heard of Greig, Mendelssohn, or guaraldi. I'm downloading some of their stuff now.

If it makes you feel any better, I came across Grieg circuitously via progressive metal band Savatage:

Of course that video doesn't truly explain the connection. Here's an audio version of the above track preceded by a metal interpretation of Grieg's composition (as they were organized on the original album):

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I have a new grandson! He's a healthy baby born 8lb-5oz. Will need to travel up to Glendale to get that Coyotes onesy.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I have a new grandson! He's a healthy baby born 8lb-5oz. Will need to travel up to Glendale to get that Coyotes onesy.

Congrats, has to be a great feeling! Is the baby your first grand child? My daughter is due October 4th with our first grand child, looking forward to it:)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad