OT: Arizona Coyotes Lounge XIII -- Summertime Blues

RR

Mar 8, 2009
Cave Creek, AZ
Hey all,

Wanted to say thanks for all the kind words. And thank you Matt (Ultra Mega Chychrun) for passing on the news.

It's been hard to stay up on hockey news, but I felt today like someone shoved me in the back to say it's time to get back to reading the boards.

A few of you met Ashleigh and know what a beautiful, sweet, big-hearted soul she was. She loved hockey and the Coyotes more than anything these past three years. We went to a lot of games, and it was always a great father-daughter experience. She could berate players, coaches, refs with the best of them.

Ashleigh believed hockey belongs in the Valley. She saw youth hockey sign-ups increasing. She watched her cousin and his teammates develop over the years. But she also saw how expensive a sport it was and that a lot of kids were left out because of the cost. She always thought that sucked.

In her memory, her mother and I started a GoFundMe page. In Memory of Ashleigh Fredrick
All proceeds will go to going to Desert Hockey Development, a local non-profit in Phoenix that offers financial help to kids who want to play hockey but can't because of the cost. We're confident she'd approve.
Again, thanks all. But it's time to get back to hockey. Cheers! :cheers:

Last edited:

RABBIT

My Yearly Sponsorship has relocated to Houston
Oct 21, 2008
“Ted’s dead baby. TEDs Dead”
Hey all,

Wanted to say thanks for all the kind words. And thank you Matt (Ultra Mega Chychrun) for passing on the news.

It's been hard to stay up on hockey news, but I felt today like someone shoved me in the back to say it's time to get back to reading the boards.

A few of you met Ashleigh and know what a beautiful, sweet, big-hearted soul she was. She loved hockey and the Coyotes more than anything these past three years. We went to a lot of games, and it was always a great father-daughter experience. She could berate players, coaches, refs with the best of them.

Ashleigh believed hockey belongs in the Valley. She saw youth hockey sign-ups increasing. She watched her cousin and his teammates develop over the years. But she also saw how expensive a sport it was and that a lot of kids were left out because of the cost. She always thought that sucked.

In her memory, her mother and I started a GoFundMe page. [URL="https://www.gofundme.com/in-memory-of-ashleigh-m-fredrick" In Memory of Ashleigh Fredrick[/URL]
All proceeds will go to going to Desert Hockey Development, a local non-profit in Phoenix that offers financial help to kids who want to play hockey but can't because of the cost. We're confident she'd approve.

Great to hear from you RR. I tried clicking the link, but it seems broken :(

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Hey all,

In her memory, her mother and I started a GoFundMe page. In Memory of Ashleigh Fredrick

That's an awesome idea Marc I'm sure she approves. If you feel like checking out prospect camp Thursday or the scrimmage Friday Tori and I will have a spot saved for you :). If you need help with anything else just let me know.

RR

Mar 8, 2009
Cave Creek, AZ
That's an awesome idea Marc I'm sure she approves. If you feel like checking out prospect camp Thursday or the scrimmage Friday Tori and I will have a spot saved for you :). If you need help with anything else just let me know.

Appreciate that Matt. Thank you. I'm shooting to make it one of those days, hopefully, both.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Arizona Coyotes Lounge XIII -- It's A Thing.

We hit the posting limit for the previous thread.... so I moved the last few posts from there beginning with RR's

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I really like this idea, it's a great way to honor her by helping someone else. Hockey is expensive and I hate the idea of a kid wanting to play but can't because of money. I encourage those of you here who have interacted with Marc (in person, he hooked you up with tickets, whatever) to donate whatever you can, even $5 is a worthwhile gesture in my opinion.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I'm extremely unlikely to hit that, yeah that's some ********. Google fiber needs to hurry up and get here.

It doesn't take much HD/UHD streaming to hit that cap. They are playing the long game. Once everyone is over to 4k, 1TB will be limiting. Google has abandoned the fiber initiative and stopped expanding as far as I know, they aren't really building it out and are instead focusing on wireless.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I'm sort of disappointed that Cox has decided to "harden" their cap recently. Before they'd just wag their finger at you the first few times. Much nicer than other providers. No longer it seems.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
It doesn't take much HD/UHD streaming to hit that cap. They are playing the long game. Once everyone is over to 4k, 1TB will be limiting. Google has abandoned the fiber initiative and stopped expanding as far as I know, they aren't really building it out and are instead focusing on wireless.

Well crap. Data caps on landlines are such garbage.

Tom Polakis

Eternal Optimist
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
Cox capping internet at 1TB a month now. Yay.

The communication stated, "this will not impact 98% of customers." I read that as, "this will impact 1 in 50 customers." Seems like a lot, and they'll be charged $10 per 50 Gb above that limit. As you say, 1 Tb per month won't seem so huge in a couple years.

Naych_PHX

Hey now!
Jun 14, 2004
phoenix
Cox capping internet at 1TB a month now. Yay.

Oh good. So that means they'll invest that money, along with the money they'll get from selling browsing information to advertisers, into more infrastructure and servers which will result in a much better, cheaper product!

MP

Feb 8, 2008
If there is a dead horse, I will beat it

Last edited:

More Cooley

yotes wagon
Jul 2, 2015
Sweden
Thought I'd share a crappy picture of my "yotes corner" in my so called "office" (the modern term I believe is man cave). The framed and autographed pictures are Max Domi, Auston Matthews (wearing Coyotes gear :naughty:) and Christian Dvorak. Got em from various WJC tournaments. Got one with OEL too but I haven't framed it yet.

https://ibb.co/fYcFq5

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
The gofundme for Ashleigh is at $4810 of $5000. If you haven't donated yet you could help them close it out.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->