OT: Arizona Coyotes Lounge XIII -- Summertime Blues

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I think I'll nickname my baby grandson Buckaroo. He'll never figure out why. What's a z between friends?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I love the Wilderness burger but I never go for them anymore. I'm now obsessed with noodles and can't eat anything else for lunch (unless I bring leftovers from home because I'm not actually rich). Nishikawa Ramen House on Ray and Cooper for some Yokohama style Tonkotsu Ramen at least once per pay period. Same with beef soup with hand pulled noodles at China Magic Noodle on Warner between Alma School and Dobson. Then there is Pho Gia Dinh that I go to even a little more often than that. I alternate between the Bun Bo Hue, the Pho Filet Mignon and the Duck soup with glass noodles.

Any other noodle fiends? Recommendations?

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City

I wouldn't say I'm a fiend as such, but I really liked the Singapore style noodles at Singing Pandas, between Arizona Ave and McQueen on Chandler Blvd (it got an unusually high percentage of positive reviews given its location, a nondescript building in not exactly the best part of Chandler, so I had to try it out). And, time it right and you get a free, quirky lounge act.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
If we're talking about great restaurants, I cannot recommend enough the Delhi Palace at Rural and University (southeast corner) in Tempe. It's the second-best Indian food I've ever had. The best was in Honolulu so I can't exactly go there anymore, so the Delhi Palace is my favorite in Arizona.

Word of warning though: go there for dinner and not the lunch buffet. Indian places in Arizona (and the US in general), if they have a daily lunch buffet, are serving the previous night's leftovers at the lunch buffet so it's not going to be that good. Chutney's at McClintock and Baseline doesn't do this on Sundays as I gathered, but the other 6 days they do.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I can tell I'm excited for the upcoming season because I don't recall ever seeing every thread as viewed in my 5 years of being an HF member:

Gefy9Go.png

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I love the Wilderness burger but I never go for them anymore. I'm now obsessed with noodles and can't eat anything else for lunch (unless I bring leftovers from home because I'm not actually rich). Nishikawa Ramen House on Ray and Cooper for some Yokohama style Tonkotsu Ramen at least once per pay period. Same with beef soup with hand pulled noodles at China Magic Noodle on Warner between Alma School and Dobson. Then there is Pho Gia Dinh that I go to even a little more often than that. I alternate between the Bun Bo Hue, the Pho Filet Mignon and the Duck soup with glass noodles.

For you, I recommend the Tippett Noodle Bowl, Angry ramen noodles in a bitter herb, gored ox broth. :laugh:

On a more serious noodle note, I really like Pad See Yew at the new Thai place in Queen Creek. The medium is plenty hot. If your not into hot, go with the mild.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse

Tampopo Ramen is damn good, on Southern and McClintock. Make their noodles in house. Flo's in Scottsdale, and now a Tempe location, has pretty solid Pho. They also have an off menu dish called Singapore Noodles which is glass thread noodles, Korean bbq pork slices all in a medium spicy curry. It's pretty outstanding.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona

I love the ramen at Kabuki if you ever grab some before a game. I think that's what I ordered at least the last half dozen times I've been there. Much cheaper than the sea bass that's for sure. I've been wanting to find someplace on the west side that has good ramen I can grab as take out if anyone knows of a place.

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
I love the ramen at Kabuki if you ever grab some before a game. I think that's what I ordered at least the last half dozen times I've been there. Much cheaper than the sea bass that's for sure. I've been wanting to find someplace on the west side that has good ramen I can grab as take out if anyone knows of a place.

I can't speak to a ramen shop over here, but Pho Avina (51rd Ave/Thunderbird - across from ASU West) is the best Vietnamese in the area.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I can't speak to a ramen shop over here, but Pho Avina (51rd Ave/Thunderbird - across from ASU West) is the best Vietnamese in the area.

Thanks. That's two places on T-Bird I need to try. Casa Filipina is good on 35th and T-Bird if you like Filipino food. The Filipino lounge singer is kind of amusing too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad