OT: Arizona Coyotes Lounge XIII -- Summertime Blues

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Thanks. That's two places on T-Bird I need to try. Casa Filipina is good on 35th and T-Bird if you like Filipino food. The Filipino lounge singer is kind of amusing too.

I've never had Filipino food, I may have to hit that up soon.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I've never had Filipino food, I may have to hit that up soon.

They have a restaurant and bake shop there. I've been dating a Filipina the last few years and going to the Philippines again in December so I've had to experience a lot of the food. It's kind of a blend of several Asian styles. Sea food, stewed meats, especially pork (lechon) and lots of white rice at every meal.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
They have a restaurant and bake shop there. I've been dating a Filipina the last few years and going to the Philippines again in December so I've had to experience a lot of the food. It's kind of a blend of several Asian styles. Sea food, stewed meats, especially pork (lechon) and lots of white rice at every meal.
All sounds good to me, I can't have shellfish but regular fish is good to go.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City

There was a Filipino restaurant near where I work, where a Filipina I dated for a while 7-8 years ago took me once...it was pretty good, but unfortunately it's gone out of business (Barrio Fiesta, also close to where rt used to live I think)...main thing I remember about it was: we were there in the evening, which was morning in the Philippines, and there was a Manila talk show on satellite TV, with people holding up random signs of US cities, where their relatives lived, saying hello.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Thank you. Sage is the middle name.

9 lbs 22†long.

Holy cow. That's a healthy baby! Well done. Congrats!

I've got baby #2(the final baby for us) coming in the next few days. They guessed his weight at 7lb 3oz yesterday via ultrasound. His brother (who was born on his due date 9/27) was 7lb 4oz. We make skinny babies, haha.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
There was a Filipino restaurant near where I work, where a Filipina I dated for a while 7-8 years ago took me once...it was pretty good, but unfortunately it's gone out of business (Barrio Fiesta, also close to where rt used to live I think)...main thing I remember about it was: we were there in the evening, which was morning in the Philippines, and there was a Manila talk show on satellite TV, with people holding up random signs of US cities, where their relatives lived, saying hello.

I can totally see them doing that. I'm amazed how they find their countrymen here and create new families and get together so often.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Just had baby #6. Luna. I’ll send the stats shortly.

Navel Tov! Well, that’s the auto correction for Mazel Tov! Way to go Doaner. You can field a full team now. Beautiful name for your daughter, too!

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!
Thanks everyone. I appreciate it! Can’t wait to take her to her first game against Detroit.

Our babies are usually really long and thin. The last two were 9 pounders. We just hope she is as good of a sleeper as her sister is.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Thanks everyone. I appreciate it! Can’t wait to take her to her first game against Detroit.

At what age do you start buying the kids their own ticket? Must be expensive taking the Doaner family out for entertainment.

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!
At what age do you start buying the kids their own ticket? Must be expensive taking the Doaner family out for entertainment.

I think I saw over 2 needs to have a ticket. We’re just taking the baby. Have to get her all decked out in coyotes gear.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Congrats to all the new fathers and mothers in the world. I ask that anyone who has a child to hug'em a few minutes longer tonight considering what happened to the poor toddler today at Yankee Stadium along and any of the young lives lost by the recent events like the earthquake in Mexico for example.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad