OT: Are you embarrassed to be a Senators fan right now?

What kind of poll does this thread deserve?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ColinM

Dec 14, 2004
Halifax
I'm not embarrassed by I'm discouraged. I feel like we are in for a decade similar to what Edmonton experienced after their 2006 playoff run. Player's aren't going to want to come her until the team turns around and I don't think we have the management level to turn it around.

Benttheknee

Jun 18, 2005
Ottawa
Sports is about competition. The Sens owner has different priorities than competitiveness. When that changes, meaning I see cash being spent to improve the team, I will be a fan, otherwise I am an observer of a trainwreck.

Prince N

Nov 18, 2014
I feel bad for Sens fans...bad luck, a few bad trades and todays thing thay could happen to any team..changes need to be made

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
But that's the thing, the team walked all over Alfie's legacy and they are about to get rid of the franchise's best ever player for financial reasons. How can you still love a team when its owner and GM seem hellbent on making us hate it?

The team did not do that, Melnyk did and he's not the team.

HF Reader

Jan 20, 2018
It is worse than embarrassment. Embarrassment implies I care.

I am indifferent at this point. My indifference started a while ago. I purchased zero tickets and watched zero games on television during 2017/2018. However I do enjoy reading these comments and seeing what the team does next. Much as how I enjoyed the movie "Titanic".

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
Thats whats happens when fans piss off the owner of the franchise, Melnyk is in control and he will burn this mother f***er to the ground before he sells it.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Thats whats happens when fans piss off the owner of the franchise, Melnyk is in control and he will burn this mother ****er to the ground before he sells it.

If hope he burns it to the ground.

HF Reader

Jan 20, 2018
Do you believe EM is making decisions out of spite? That EM is degrading the team to punish fans?

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Honestly wouldn't feel nearly as bad about this year if we were obliged to give Colorado out 1st for this year or next?

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Me on the main boards:

giphy.gif

I don't want to step foot outside HFSens right now. At least we can all share in our collective misery here.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Me on the main boards:

giphy.gif

I don't want to step foot outside HFSens right now. At least we can all share in our collective misery here.

The main boards are unbearable right now. They're bad enough at the best of times (although I admittedly like to hang out there) but there's zero reason for Sens fans to venture off HFSens at this point in time, unless you're trying to ruin your own day for whatever reason :laugh:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Me on the main boards:

giphy.gif

The main boards are unbearable right now. They're bad enough at the best of times (although I admittedly like to hang out there) but there's zero reason for Sens fans to venture off HFSens at this point in time, unless you're trying to ruin your own day for whatever reason :laugh:
I went over there the night the Hoffman news broke a week ago... It was bad, and I am sure its worse now. Not going.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I went over there the night the Hoffman news broke a week ago... It was bad, and I am sure its worse now. Not going.

Post Hoffman Trade #1 and Hoffman trade #2 yesterday it might be the worst it's ever been (at least as far back as I remember). Hasn't been great in months though, for obvious reasons.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I don't see any reason why.

Yes the Sens had the most disappointing season ever following a really great season and playoffs run. But it happens to all teams, nothing to be ashamed of. On the contrary, this team has been consistently good (or at least average), with no more than 2-3 bad years... this is the lowest finish for this team in over 22 years. The highest pick they got in those 22 years was a 6th OA pick in 2011

Hoffman's gf stuff is ugly (if true of course) but it's already been taken care of. Unfortunately it killed most of his traded value but it is what it is. The team doesn't control people minds and surely not all players relatives, it could have happened to anybody, anywhere. Even if different in the content, this stuff is kinda common among celeb people.

Randy Lee should be fired if allegations are true. I haven't read much about that and seriously I don't really give a f*** lmao. Just that if he did illegal stuff, then he should be fired given his position. It would be a good opportunity to find somebody better at the job

Melnyk might not have the most diplomat personality so he should be more quiet and only say the "generic stuff". He really needs somebody to do his PR. Outside of that, he lost a good chunk of his wealth in the last few years, which is never fun, no matter how much you have. Unfortunately, it made him much more cautious about not losing money with his assets. Which brought a tighter budget to the team (roster + operations), which unfortunately is really a big challenge when you want to compete in this league year after year. Like most people, I wish he would sell to somebody ready to inject more money in the team and develop the Lebreton project (which could make the team finances much better)

Seriously, most of all of this is just a storm in a glass of water to me, I don't really see the big drama that people are talking about. Maybe it depends on your experience with real life drama.

What I think is actually that rival fans or people that just don't like the Sens or Ottawa, are seizing the opportunity in difficult times to ridicule this team as much as possible. It creates a sense of shame for Sens fans. Problem, is many Sens fans that I read do the same :laugh: which is what should be embarrassing IMO. From my experience of witnessing sports fans, I have never seen a fanbase take shots on their team as much as the Sens fanbase does, not even close. Usually, people are loyal and very proud and will normally defend their team.

Like everything in life, there is up and downs. I'll have to wait until training camp or at least mid july to have any idea of what they want to do and if they can right the ship. Of course, if they want to fully rebuild (trade Karlsson without getting good/great actual players, not invest in the roster, etc) without having a 1st round pick next year, then yeah I won't be very happy, probably even mad enough to stop following the team.

Last edited:

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I don't see any reason why.

Yes the Sens had the most disappointing season ever following a really great season and playoffs run. But it happens to all teams, nothing to be ashamed of. On the contrary, this team has been consistently good (or at least average), with no more than 2-3 bad years... this is the lowest finish for this team in over 22 years. The highest pick they got in those 22 years was a 6th OA pick in 2011

Hoffman's gf stuff is ugly (if true of course) but it's already been taken care of. Unfortunately it killed most of his traded value but it is what it is. The team doesn't control people minds and surely not all players relatives, it could have happened to anybody, anywhere. Even if different in the content, this stuff is kinda common among celeb people.

Randy Lee should be fired if allegations are true. I haven't read much about that and seriously I don't really give a **** lmao. Just that if he did illegal stuff, then he should be fired given his position. It would be a good opportunity to find somebody better at the job

Melnyk might not have the most diplomat personality so he should be more quiet and only say the "generic stuff". He really needs somebody to do his PR. Outside of that, he lost a good chunk of his wealth in the last few years, which is never fun, no matter how much you have. Unfortunately, it made him much more cautious about not losing money with his assets. Which brought a tighter budget to the team (roster + operations), which unfortunately is really a big challenge when you want to compete in this league year after year.

Seriously, most of all of this is just a storm in a glass of water to me, I don't really see the big drama that people are talking about. Maybe it depends on your experience with real life drama.

What I think is actually, rival fans or people that just don't like the Sens or Ottawa, are seizing the opportunity in difficult times and ridicule this team as much as possible. Problem, is most Sens fans that I read do the same :laugh: which is what should be embarrassing IMO.
Most of it is just piling on at this point by the media,and rival fans are just sucking it up...People dont even bother to see what we still have on the team and in the system.

I choose to have some faith that EK and crew will all resign,and we will build around a nice core of fast young players that make will make most of these turkeys that are trashing us look like the fools we all know they are

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
The main boards make me feel like the unconscious guy in MMA who is getting hammer-fisted in the face by their opponent because the ref is slow to jump in and stop the fight.
Meh i love the nonsense,most of everything said there is in half truths....And I love a good scrap

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Most of it is just piling on at this point by the media,and rival fans are just sucking it up...People dont even bother to see what we still have on the team and in the system.

I choose to have some faith that EK and crew will all resign,and we will build around a nice core of fast young players that make will make most of these turkeys that are trashing us look like the fools we all know they are

I wasn't finished so I edited the post if you want to re-read. You're right here, I forgot to talk about medias. I think some people get influenced by what is said by the medias and of course, with sensationalism, they can create "drama" around the team. Leafs and Habs fans are probably fueling the fire a lot too. But I don't even care because life is busy enough to not pay too much attention to that.

I like many players on the team and many of the prospects. I think there is a lot of young quality there, there is something that can be done. I am on the wait and see approach. Impossible to judge a roster in June lmao, and before the draft which is even more funny. I would think that with time and experience following the NHL, people would be cautious to not do that. We'll have a much clearer picture in just 2 weeks.

Reactions: topshelf15

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
To put into perspective how embarrassing a team we are;

The Belleville Sens put up a post (on instagram) saying our first game was in November, despite the picture itself saying October.

It kind of says it all :facepalm:

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
To put into perspective how embarrassing a team we are;

The Belleville Sens put up a post (on instagram) saying our first game was in November, despite the picture itself saying October.

It kind of says it all :facepalm:

Some B-Sens intern making a mistake is so far down the list of issues though :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad