OT: Are you embarrassed to be a Senators fan right now?

What kind of poll does this thread deserve?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Being a creep when you have a high profile job like Lee does is a bad look no matter if the recipient of the advances was a man or a woman.

I agree, he was in no position to do that kind of advances. If true of course, then he should be fired because he was representing a company, totally unprofessional and unappropriate. If you want to do that stuff, drive to Montreal during the gay pride in August, he would then get more than he could ever dream.

That kind of stuff happens everywhere though, companies have to deal with it and just get rid of the offendants. Man, you should have seen what happened to Eric Salvail here. One of the most famous person in Quebec, went from hero to zero in no time.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
The topic of the thread is embarrassment and if it was just the Lee thing, fine, isolated incident, but there’s an ongoing juggernaut of embarrassment and it’s tiresome.

Not to mention, I don’t like to take sexual harassment lightly.

I don’t care if “it happens”, it shouldn’t, and it shouldn’t be one of our guys doing it.

Last edited:

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I agree, he was in no position to do that kind of advances. If true of course, then he should be fired because he was representing a company, totally unprofessional and unappropriate. If you want to do that stuff, drive to Montreal during the gay pride in August, he would then get more than he could ever dream.

That kind of stuff happens everywhere though, companies have to deal with it and just get rid of the offendants. Man, you should have seen what happened to Eric Salvail here. One of the most famous person in Quebec, went from hero to zero in no time.

Thing is, in your example when the woman tried to kiss you...when you said you were taken, did she back off, or did she jump all over you and refuse to take no for an answer?

That's the real difference here. Most folks who do throw out a line or make an advance have enough common sense to realize no means no. It's the ones who keep going after the 'no' who are the problem.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
The Leafs have been crap for 50 years despite having bucket loads of cash to spend on players , coaches, management, the IR etc. Now that is embarrassing!

They haven’t been awful for 50 years. They’ve had up and downs like any team would. You could say it’s embarrassing to go 50 years without a cup, but they haven’t been crap for 50 years. That’s just BS.

Also, I feel dirty having to defend the Leafs. Don’t make me do this again.

cage

Apr 25, 2004
Hey, we've gone 26 years without a cup. Never thought of it that way

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Hey, we've gone 26 years without a cup. Never thought of it that way

Yes, but when compared to the Leafs, the Sens have won a Presidents Trophy, won a Conference Finals and advanced to the Stanley Cup Finals, while the leafs have done neither, in over 51 years.

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
Yes, I am embarrassed. And really disappointed in the lack of professionalism from the top. We lost Bryan Murray and everything has fallen apart.
At this point in time, in that freak circus of yours, who you guys really need is Bill f***ing Murray.
BFM_20CHICAGO_original.png

Melnyk out would also be soothing i guess. ;)

p.s. Please beat Habs AND manage to get a better pick anyway. :thumbu:

Last edited:
Reactions: NyQuil

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
« If you want to do that stuff, drive to Montreal during the gay pride in August, he would then get more than he could ever dream. »

I have to disagree here. Anyone in a gay pride parade is not anymore deserving of unsolicited sexual advances.

« Man, you should have seen what happened to Eric Salvail here. One of the most famous person in Quebec, went from hero to zero in no time. »

That’s one guy right there who fully took advantage of his popularity... I followed the story and have zero sympathy for him. The same goes for dirt bag Gilbert Rozon and everyone else falling in that category.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Yes, but when compared to the Leafs, the Sens have won a Presidents Trophy, won a Conference Finals and advanced to the Stanley Cup Finals, while the leafs have done neither, in over 51 years.

And they just set their franchise record in points and it’s 105 points.

That’s a bit embarrassing.

We hit 113 points before shootouts.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Thing is, in your example when the woman tried to kiss you...when you said you were taken, did she back off, or did she jump all over you and refuse to take no for an answer?

That's the real difference here. Most folks who do throw out a line or make an advance have enough common sense to realize no means no. It's the ones who keep going after the 'no' who are the problem.

1) Yeah, she backed off, but what is worse? Kissing somebody that is not expecting or saying dirty things to that person? Both are not appropriate, but physical harassment will be looked as a more serious thing because it's an action rather than words.

2) I agree, but in Lee's case, unless someone was a witness, we have no idea of what really happened, how far did he go and if he kept trying. Anyone who will take anything that is said through medias at face value is pretty naive. In the end, we will never know the exact truth, unless there was some kind of video.

I have to disagree here. Anyone in a gay pride parade is not anymore deserving of unsolicited sexual advances.

That’s one guy right there who fully took advantage of his popularity... I followed the story and have zero sympathy for him. The same goes for dirt bag Gilbert Rozon and everyone else falling in that category.

1) What do you mean "anymore"? They were deserving before? I never said it was rightful or anything, but that's the society we live in. I find that LGBT people are usually more "open minded" and some will thrive for the "dirty flirting". In the end, I think it's up to them to decide what is acceptable or not.

2) I know somebody who was training in the same gym as Salvail and apparently he was a harassment machine, but yeah kind of acted like his social status would always protect him. He went too far with it and some people finally had enough.

Even more embarrassing of an off-season when you’re signings aren’t exactly good too.

What do you mean? There has been ZERO NHL signings, it can't be good or not good.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ray Kinsella

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa

I've been told that there are some gay men whose ultimate fetish is convincing straight men to fool around.

Would seem to fit in with him being all overly creepy with some 19 year old who wasn't interested.

Reactions: BuckyDornster

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I've been told that there are some gay men whose ultimate fetish is convincing straight men to fool around.

Would seem to fit in with him being all overly creepy with some 19 year old who wasn't interested.

There's all kind of "fetish" so yes this one exists. One that really disgusts me is older teenagers trying to get as many virgins as possible. So noble to have your daughter losing her virginity to some crook trying to trick as many naive girls as possible.

As for Lee, I can't really comment on that since I don't know exactly what happened in reality. But you're right, it could be one of his fetish. IMO, it's not worse or better than older men trying to screw young women.

Thinking about the thread title, society is embarrassing, not some sports team lol

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
There's all kind of "fetish" so yes this one exists. One that really disgusts me is older teenagers trying to get as many virgins as possible. So noble to have your daughter losing her virginity to some crook trying to trick as many naive girls as possible.

As for Lee, I can't really comment on that since I don't know exactly what happened in reality. But you're right, it could be one of his fetish. IMO, it's not worse or better than older men trying to screw young women.

Thinking about the thread title, society is embarrassing, not some sports team lol

Haha it really is. There's nothing wrong with any fetish as long as everyone involved is cool with it. Or if one party isn't using advantage of whatever kind to manipulate someone less experienced. Which is exactly what Lee has been accused of doing.

Society is pretty f***ed up tho. Sometimes it amazes me that things actually keep going. It's all so fragile.

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
1) What do you mean "anymore"? They were deserving before? I never said it was rightful or anything, but that's the society we live in. I find that LGBT people are usually more "open minded" and some will thrive for the "dirty flirting". In the end, I think it's up to them to decide what is acceptable or not.

2) I know somebody who was training in the same gym as Salvail and apparently he was a harassment machine, but yeah kind of acted like his social status would always protect him. He went too far with it and some people finally had enough.

1) grr.... of course that was a typo, I meant “any more” lol - because someone is gay, etc., it doesn’t mean they’re automatically ok with being harassed against their will.

2) yep, that’s how Salvaille seemed to conduct himself, using his status as an entitlement.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Coladin has made me aware that I should be embarrassed to be a "bad" fan who doesn't just blindly hand over my money.

Thanks for setting me straight.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I am not embarrassed for the team; however, I am disheartened by the roster that Dorion has put together for next season which he has said will be vastly improved. I see little reason that supports vast improvement. I am anxiously waiting for Dorion’s next addition to fill out the Xxxxxx position with an aging glue-horse vet.

Boedker - Duchene - Stone
Dzingel - Pageau - Ryan
Paajarvi - Smith - Gaborik
Xxxxxxx - McCormick - Pyatt

Chabot - Karlsson
Borowiecki - Ceci
Harpur - Wideman

Anderson
Condon

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I am not embarrassed for the team; however, I am disheartened by the roster that Dorion has put together for next season which he has said will be vastly improved. I see little reason that supports vast improvement. I am anxiously waiting for Dorion’s next addition to fill out the Xxxxxx position with an aging glue-horse vet.

Dzingel - Pageau - Ryan

Chabot - Karlsson
Borowiecki - Ceci
Harpur - Wideman

Anderson
Condon

Embarrassing! :laugh:

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

Dzingel - Pageau - Ryan

Chabot - Karlsson
Borowiecki - Ceci
Harpur - Wideman

Anderson
Condon

Of course, if that's the line Boucher go with, there's not much hope to have a decent season.

It's hard to say what will happen exactly, but assuming no trade and a youth movement like everything has pointed out to be, it could look like this (which I would find exciting) :

Ryan-Duchene-Stone
Tkachuk-Brown-White
Boedker-Chlapik-Dzingel
Paajarvi-Pageau-Pyatt
McCormick

Chabot-Karlsson
Wolanin-Ceci
Borowiecki-Wideman
Harpur

Anderson
Condon

If they are a bit more conservative, but intend a youth movement still :

Boedker-Duchene-Dzingel
Ryan-Pageau-Stone
Tkachuk-Brown-White
Paajarvi-Paul-Pyatt
McCormick

Chabot-Karlsson
Wolanin-Ceci
Borowiecki-Wideman
Harpur

Anderson
Condon

I could really see that all-american kid line to be a thing.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005

Dzingel - Pageau - Ryan

Chabot - Karlsson
Borowiecki - Ceci
Harpur - Wideman

Anderson
Condon

To be honest, it'll be hard to finish 30th again. The season is not played on paper. There's no doubt we underperformed last season. Making the playoffs is certainly possible. Colorado did it after missing the playoffs and trading Duchene. We did it after missing the playoffs and trading Spezza. We did it after missing the playoffs and trading Heatley. Addition by subtraction is a real thing.

Last edited:

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
To be honest, it'll be hard to finish 30th again. The season is not played on paper. There's no doubt we underperformed last season. Making the playoffs is certainly possible. Colorado did it after missing the playoffs and trading Duchene. We did it after missing the playoffs and trading Spezza. We did it after missing the playoffs and trading Heatley. Addition by subtraction is a real thing.

But it's not just "addition by subtraction", it gives an opportunity to new players. Like in 2014-15, after Spezza was gone (combined with MacArthur and Michalek injuries), Hoffman and Stone emerged as top-6 forwards. Zibanejad game also progressed

Reactions: VancouverCanucks36

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad