OT: Aquilini Family found to have shortchanged migrant workers; new allegations of harassment surface

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
it's so f***ing hard to continue liking hockey when the playoffs are absolute horseshit and your owners are subhuman

other sports >>>

Reactions: timw33

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
So franky flatly denies it last week. Now Luigi is supposedly the main culprit... they gonna eat each other. Franky will distance himself from Luigi

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Here's a link to the story.

Guatemalan workers accuse management of harassment at Aquilini blueberry farm

And a quotation:

“Mr. Aquilini came and told them that if they don’t work an hour and bring 15 pounds of blueberries, he wouldn’t let them take some water,” a translator for Mirsa Martinez said. “He stayed with them for an hour until they finished that hour of work, and after the hour when he saw the blueberries, he’d say ‘Ok, now you can go and drink some water.”​

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Getting hard to cheer for this team with these folks signing the cheques.

What an embarrassment this family is.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
If getting rich off the back of an immigrant is wrong, I don't want to know what's right.

Reactions: skeena1

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.

Wow, underpaying workers seems to be the least of it. Refusing them water until the quotas were met, workers too afraid to get medical help and spraying chemicals while workers were still in the fields, that shit is straight out Villany 101 from bad 80s movies. Where are Stallone and Arnie when you need them?

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
But let's not forget, billionaires are billionaires because they're just so damn brilliant at business.

It's just not possible that rich people are rich because they are unethical and/or willing to commit crimes to accumulate wealth. That just never happens. Their brilliance should be rewarded with tax cuts to make them even wealthier.

Or maybe, stay with me here, we should make billionaires like the Acquilinis our leaders in government because they've demonstrated how brilliant they are ... stable geniuses even.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

And a quotation:

“Mr. Aquilini came and told them that if they don’t work an hour and bring 15 pounds of blueberries, he wouldn’t let them take some water,” a translator for Mirsa Martinez said. “He stayed with them for an hour until they finished that hour of work, and after the hour when he saw the blueberries, he’d say ‘Ok, now you can go and drink some water.”​

Jesus Christ.

It is becoming more and more difficult to justify not switching allegiance to the Seattle franchise.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
These are some pretty gross allegations. If they are found to be true and the family had direct knowledge I feel they should have some serious questions answered to the league.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007

And a quotation:

I DOUBT THE AQUILINIS HAD ANY INPUT OR KNOWLEDGE OF THE DAY TO DAY MANAGEMENT OF SUCH A MINOR OPERATION

Reactions: Hollywood Burrows

Hockeyphysio

Jul 2, 2018
Jesus Christ.

It is becoming more and more difficult to justify not switching allegiance to the Seattle franchise.

I am thinking that as well but this league is so corrupt I am not sure if i should even bother

Reactions: EP40

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
Thank you StreetHawk for realizing my point. Having read Chu's statement, if it is correct I am not sure what the Aqualoonies did wrong. But if one has a narrative, it's a futile argument.
What manner of boot licker must you be to take a bullit for the Aquilinis ...

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I realize that some fans who just follow the players, hockey ops management and the Canucks' charities could care less of this team is owned by the Corleone family or El Chapo. But they should.

The current ownership is a spreading stain on this franchise and the entire NHL. They're making even Eugene Melnyk and Darryl Katz look like Mother Teresa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad