OT: Aquilini Family found to have shortchanged migrant workers; new allegations of harassment surface

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site

Carnal

May 29, 2018
Lazy comment and using the race card with no evidence to back it up. When all arguments fail, or there is no will to debate facts, just call racist and keep shouting. Sad.
When one posts racist comments it is fair to label that person's comments as racist. When a person is too privileged and ignorant to understand what racism is and defends their racism by yelling 'race card' every time they are called out... well, your rebuttal was expected I suppose.

VanCity15

Apr 8, 2013
Vancouver, BC
These crooked con-artists have been known for their slumlord reputation. They have just stooped down to being scumlords. Absolutely despicable human beings. Nobody can work for them. Definitely not quality people. Former Canucks COO Victor deBonis who became CEO at the Aquilini Investment group "resigned". His Canucks COO successor Jeff Stipec "resigned" a few months ago. And of course Trevor Linden "resigned". Coincidence??? No. It's the 50th anniversary of Canada's 3rd oldest NHL franchise coming up. The majority of Canucks fans were hoping to see either Johnny Canuck or the classic Stick in Rink C take over the corporate Orca as the primary identity. Do the Aquilinis listen to the fans?? No. They would much prefer to divide the fan base instead of uniting it by keeping the irrelevant corporate Orca because they want to save money. Removing the VANCOUVER doesn't cost as much as actually redoing the jersey.

I hope and pray that their berry farm worker abuse and wage theft allegations catch up with them as Canucks owners and business people.

Reactions: Zippgunn

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I read that Trevor Linden is currently cycling in France as part of a fundraising effort for 'wounded warriors', veterans who've served Canada overseas and are struggling financially. Trev is well rid of these scuzz-ball owners.

And I suppose Francesco will taking up his usual position to the immediate left of the kid they draft 10th overall later this month. Try to resist the temptation of throwing a shoe or a brick at the screen....chances are it's the only 'big screen' you've got. And the 'sacrifice' isn't worth it.

Reactions: Zippgunn

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Oh hey, the weird racist, “the-rich-are-always-right” wierdo’s sources don’t back up, and mostly don’t even touch on what they were claiming. How difficult this was to predict!

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Anyway, how about we ignore this diversion and get back on topic. Have we discussed the history of continually using unsafe vehicles to transport the workers at this farm? The 41 other health and safety violations in a 5 year span?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad