OT: Aquilini Family found to have shortchanged migrant workers; new allegations of harassment surface

Status
Not open for further replies.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
They do not deserve to own the Canucks.

It is really, really hard to be a fan of this team, to be proud of this team, and to cheer for this team given the people involved in it and the way it's run, starting from the despicable slumlords who own the team.

This is probably what it felt like to be a Blackhawk fan in 2001. Except we don't have the hope that comes with knowing our owner is 103 years old and going to die soon.

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
So what happened? Was there a drought?

Problems with the harvests happen all the time here in California. Sounds like what they are ruling is a breach of contract - they were guaranteed 4 months worth of work.

Reactions: Cogburn

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Look I don’t like a lot of things they do but I don’t feel this deserves its own thread. It’s probanly more relevant to the off topic ski resort thread

Reactions: Cogburn

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
yes it does. people need to know what type of people own this team

in one hand they promote Canuck place and other charities which is great. but then they are not paying workers and supplying old buses that should not be on the road to transport them. does any one else not see a promblem with this. as we pour money, time and emotion into this team

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
You're right. They shouldn't own this team. But there is nothing that can be done to stop them. They are also not even the worst of bunch doing this.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
If you didn't know the Aquilinis were scum bags you must not have lived in Vancouver very long. They're right up there with the Sahotas.
Well I'm assuming they didn't have knowledge of this (too high up in the organization...Fredo is a capo & I think the decision to screw those workers was done by a soldier or associate). They obviously don't have a capable consileiri to advise Fredo this PR would be bad for business & just pay off the workers under the table to sweep it all under the rug. :sarcasm:

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Well I'm assuming they didn't have knowledge of this (too high up in the organization...Fredo is a capo & I think the decision to screw those workers was done by a soldier or associate). They obviously don't have a capable consileiri to advise Fredo this PR would be bad for business & just pay off the workers under the table to sweep it all under the rug. :sarcasm:
Agreed. Bad PR. This sort of thing likely doesn’t make it up that far up the food chain. But surprised that they didn’t settle.

Aquaman really is terrible at surrounding himself with quality people to give him proper advice.

Reactions: Hit the post

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Let's face it....the Griffiths family were the only decent, caring owners the Canucks have ever had.

Their first owner Thomas Scallen of Medicor ended up in jail; John McCaw and his Seattle Cable Company were absentee owners who bought the team when it was over-extended, then moved the Grizzlies and threatened to move the Canucks; And the current owners pilfered the team out from under the Gaglardi's, triggering an ugly lawsuit.

It's little wonder this franchise hasn't won anything in 50 years.

dwarf

Feb 13, 2007
Victoria, B.C.
Taking advantage of farm workers is low enough, and then foreign workers is an even new low.

Jail is to good for people like this, and with a 3.3 billion bankroll we know that will never happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad