Apex Legends F2P BR on all platforms

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Don't see the issue with diluting the field. The field can't just be Fortnite and PUBG.

Complain about EA all you want but what did you expect them to do? BR is getting popular. Let's see how the game does.

Nobody has an issue with more BR games. I just pointed out this game will not last and some fanboys are getting upset.

Fortnite paid people too. Streamers also got a 5% cut on V-Buck sales for awhile at launch.

Like are you serious? You have to be trolling. Most games do these days that have large multiplayer aspects.

I'm sure someone is getting paid to play the new Spellbreak BR today too.

Yes, they all do it but EA's budget is bigger. I use to do YT so I know. Thru the EA program they will offer big YT's like 1-30k depending on how big just to play it then you get a rate per 1k views or watching per hour. They all do it but it inflates the numbers. We will see where this games really at in a few weeks. The style of play and concept just won't last long on console.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
That's because with like all EA games they pay streamers to play it. Once that stops they will be done playing it.

Of course it isn't dead yet. It's new and different. It will take a month or two.
Yeah all those streamers paid to play Battlefield 1 and Battlefield V. Man those games are just the talk of the town and taking the world by storm. :laugh:

EA had almost nothing to do with Apex Legends. Which is why it released so closely to Anthem. Check out some of the developer interviews. EA published the game but had almost no input in anything. It was all Respawn.

This is the same crap people said about Fortnite. PUBG couldn't be touched! Also people said Blackout from COD wasn't going to last long. It's still going strong with a huge playerbase.

There was literally 0 hype for Apex Legends and people are loving it because it's just fun.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Seriously can't ever understand why people feel like they have to s**t on a game just because it's popular and fun. Are you guys that bored?

Reactions: JBeast

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
got Caustic today. first few rounds I thought he was ****. then I realised that although the gas does **** all damage, its amazing for information. you basically play him like Lesion from R6 Siege.
Hes amazing late in the game once everyone is stocked up. Put those gas traps all over and post up somewhere. His ult just scares the crap out of people and they run away from it. The damage isn't great but its an amazing scare tactic. Hes great!

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Nobody has an issue with more BR games. I just pointed out this game will not last and some fanboys are getting upset.

Yes, they all do it but EA's budget is bigger. I use to do YT so I know. Thru the EA program they will offer big YT's like 1-30k depending on how big just to play it then you get a rate per 1k views or watching per hour. They all do it but it inflates the numbers. We will see where this games really at in a few weeks. The style of play and concept just won't last long on console.
Shroud said the numbers were insane to play Fortnite. That's the only reason he played it. He doesn't really like it, haha.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
It literally tells you which gun it's for. And the Ammo is pasted beside each gun when you hit TAB.

You missed the point of my comparison to Fortnite. It's more involved and can be annoying. The menu could work better as well.

.... and pretty much every shooter has a BR mode now in response to the other debate. Doesn't make me want to play COD even though I own it.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
The viewing experience is awesome. This Twitch tourney is intense. Doc/Krafty/Viss are pretty entertaining.

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
PUBG had its shot, they failed. They took to long to fix their game IMO. Even with that its still very popular.

Fortnite capitalized but I think it has a much larger base of possible players than PUBG or Apex ever will. The kids love this game.

Apex needs to hit it big with its first large update and not sit on their hands while collecting $$$ like PUBG did.

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
I do enjoy the game, but it just crashes all the time for me, like no error just completely gone like i never loaded it at all. Some times I can play for an hour no problem then the next i can finish 4 games in a row. Not sure whats up at all. Tried to google search and others seem to be having the same issue with no answer as of 2 days ago when I last tried to play

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
I do enjoy the game, but it just crashes all the time for me, like no error just completely gone like i never loaded it at all. Some times I can play for an hour no problem then the next i can finish 4 games in a row. Not sure whats up at all. Tried to google search and others seem to be having the same issue with no answer as of 2 days ago when I last tried to play

EA problems... They are dying on the inside giving a game away for free. They can't wait to charge you $25 for the first update.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
PUBG had its shot, they failed. They took to long to fix their game IMO. Even with that its still very popular.

Fortnite capitalized but I think it has a much larger base of possible players than PUBG or Apex ever will. The kids love this game.

Apex needs to hit it big with its first large update and not sit on their hands while collecting $$$ like PUBG did.
They've already got the road map laid out.

4 seasons per year - starting in March.

Battle Pass (cosmetic rewards and Apex Packs, nothing else), New Weapons, New Loot, and New Legends in each season.

Apex-legends-road-map-900x508.png

The only thing they haven't talked about is a new map, but I'm sure it'll come at some point too.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com

The game tends to kick me out after a match sometimes but then I typically end up back in the lobby with my friends. Otherwise it's been pretty smooth. Nowhere near the issues of PubG and even Fortnite had matchmaking issues.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
312k viewers on Twitch.. Counterstrike has 300k. Yep, only a few more weeks. Enjoy your toddler BR while you can.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Finally starting to get decent at this game. Pathfinder seems to be the right character for me.

312k viewers on Twitch.. Counterstrike has 300k. Yep, only a few more weeks. Enjoy your toddler BR while you can.

You're really taking this games success personally.

TJ21

SURVIVED JIMBOCALYPSE - 12/5/2021
Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
I dont know what it is about this game, and I'm not sure how others feel, but I just dont care about dying. Heard about it a couple of days ago and started playing, and just am absolutely loving it, but it's exactly the same experience with Blackout for me in that I genuinely don't mind dying in this game, because it's just a lot of fun and sort of relaxing to just kick back to play. The game mechanics, ping system, inventory system, quick game turnover, everything just seems really fluid and its a genuine blast. Me and a couple friends were able to string some wins together over a session, but with the ping system in place I don't even mind dropping into games solo on a random squad. I also love that no Ults or weapons seem genuinely overpowered. People say the Peacekeeper is OP, but for the most part shotguns work exactly as they should in this game, deadly from in close. I'd say the only gun that might need a tiny bit of tweaking is the Wingman, that thing is a genuine laser. Lifeline is my go to at the moment, Bangalore for when I want to switch it up because the smoke grenades have saved me countless times so far. This game IMO has tons of potential, and I'm enjoying it even more than Blackout. As somebody who plays on console, I hope they keep building on it.

Reactions: Beau Knows

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
I dont know what it is about this game, and I'm not sure how others feel, but I just dont care about dying. Heard about it a couple of days ago and started playing, and just am absolutely loving it, but it's exactly the same experience with Blackout for me in that I genuinely don't mind dying in this game, because it's just a lot of fun and sort of relaxing to just kick back to play.
It helps that it runs so smooth and you can be back in another game within 45 seconds. Dying in PUBG meant spending 2 minutes in queue, 2 minutes loading a terrible and annoying lobby, 2 minutes to drop and then you had to deal with terrible server tick rate and network performance until half the players were eliminated.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Its not fanboys getting upset. It's you whining that a game is more popular than you wanted it to be and all logic and statistics saying you are wrong.

Apex Legends just broke another record by the way, most hours of a game watched in a week. 8.28 million hours. Previous record was 6.6 hours by Fortnight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad