Apex Legends F2P BR on all platforms

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
They did some thing right but all in all this will be forgotten in a month and will never last competitively. The thing about other BR's is the only advantage is the guns and armor but you still have a shooters chance. This game you don't know what you are running into.. Somebody who will pop up a shield, portals to bounce around, throw a decoy your way, etc. Everybody at the end has 3 because of the bring back system. Winning battles man down is virtually impossible. Game is done in a month.
Impossible if you're really bad at games. I've won 1v3 battles twice already - and I'm not even good at shooters.

Some games don't need to "last competitively" as long as they're making money. And with a currency system similar to Overwatch, I'm sure they will.

Overwatch is played competitively. League of Legends is played competitively. A bunch of those champions aren't balanced and do crazy things too.

Sounds more like a salt post than an honest opinion.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
attachments, ammo, ect. Some of it is getting used to it but it's a chore. Like what attachments go on which guns are not always as intuitive. Also the quick menu for healing doesn't always work.
It literally tells you which gun it's for. And the Ammo is pasted beside each gun when you hit TAB.

Reactions: HerpaDerp

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Some games don't need to "last competitively" as long as they're making money. And with a currency system similar to Overwatch, I'm sure they will.

Those games last on pc not console. This game will be Destiny/Titanfall status in a month.

Not to mention it has no room to grow. People got tired of R6 and Fortnite when they started doing things this game has done out the gate. Game is already ridiculous and going to be even more when they add more characters.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Those games last on pc not console. This game will be Destiny/Titanfall status in a month.

Not to mention it has no room to grow. People got tired of R6 and Fortnite when they started doing things this game has done out the gate. Game is already ridiculous and going to be even more when they add more characters.
Destiny? Destiny 1 was huge...

Overwatch is ridiculous. League is ridiculous. Still huge games.

And R6 is still a huge game. I don't get your point. R6 has like 150,000 average concurrent players daily on just PC.

If this game falls to even 50,000 concurrent average users... thats still a huge game.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Destiny? Destiny 1 was huge...

Overwatch is ridiculous. League is ridiculous. Still huge games.

And R6 is still a huge game. I don't get your point.

Destiny 1 was huge for like a month until people realized how stupid it was. Of course some people enjoyed fighting bots for hours for a piece of loot. I don't know anyone who plays overwatch. League is huge on pc.

These games have no longevity on console. People are playing it because it's new and different. They will get sick of it quick and go back to Fortnite or Pubg.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Destiny 1 was huge for like a month until people realized how stupid it was. Of course some people enjoyed fighting bots for hours for a piece of loot. I don't know anyone who plays overwatch. League is huge on pc.

These games have no longevity on console. People are playing it because it's new and different. They will get sick of it quick and go back to Fortnite or Pubg.
lol you're hilarious if you think no one played Destiny long term nor Overwatch.

Ridiculous, to be honest.

Reactions: Beau Knows

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
lol you're hilarious if you think no one played Destiny long term nor Overwatch.

Ridiculous, to be honest.

Some people seem to think that every game needs to have a bazillion players playing it at all times for it to be a success.

This game has just hit 25 million players, it's not gonna be a ghost town within a month even if the player base massively shrinks. There will still be more than enough players to find matches quickly and keep the game alive even if a lot of players go back to Fortnite or whatever they were playing before. If Respawn's monetization strategy is good - and idk if it is, I don't care about skins so I know I won't be buying coins or whatever myself - they should be able to make big bucks off of this.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Some people seem to think that every game needs to have a bazillion players playing it at all times for it to be a success.

This game has just hit 25 million players, it's not gonna be a ghost town within a month even if the player base massively shrinks. There will still be more than enough players to find matches quickly and keep the game alive even if a lot of players go back to Fortnite or whatever they were playing before. If Respawn's monetization strategy is good - and idk if it is, I don't care about skins so I know I won't be buying coins or whatever myself - they should be able to make big bucks off of this.
They don't need everyone to spend money. Just you playing keeps their game going as other whales will buy in.

Took Fortnite 4 months to hit 45 million. But hey, Apex is a dying game. :biglaugh:

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I think you're going to be very surprised then. This takes the good of BR and improves on it.

Pinging items and pinging enemies are already such a huge bonus. The automatic item system is the best part of Ring of Elysium and it's added here.

You don't get 400K viewers on Twitch for a week straight if you're going to die quickly.

Shroud is loving this for example. As long as he stays, the game stays.

And what's "dead" because people say PUBG is dead all the time. And it still peaks at over 1,000,000 players daily on PC alone.

As long as Respawn is working on more content, you're kidding yourself if you expect it to die in 2 months. It's already been noted that Titanfall 2 has had thousands and thousands more players since the release of Apex than it had in the last year.

Too late? There are 2 huge and 2 other very active BRs on the market.

Fortnite
PUBG
Ring of Elysium
Realm Royale

Realm is the lowest and peaks over 10K on PC alone. It's also on console.

Apex is going nowhere unless Respawn abandons it and doesn't listen to the player base.
Yes, they'll have thousands of players in a month or two, but that's a far cry from where they stand now, that's my point. It's not going to be one of the top games played within a couple of months. It just isn't. Everything major that this game does well is being covered elsewhere.

Ring of Elysium is not "very active". Come on. :laugh: It has 20K players currently. That's half of TF2, a game that came out 12 years ago. It's 1/40th of PUBG, a game that's been out for almost 2 years now. Realm Royale is a quarter of ROE. They're not "very active". They're niche games at best. Fortnite and PUBG have the BR game on lockdown. PUBG for the crowd that enjoys more of the mil-sim type games and Fortnite for the more RPG/cartoony approach to BR. Everything else is killed by their wake in a similar fashion to how Titanfall was always killed by CoD and Battlefield releases. They might be great games, but they don't have real staying power. Same with Apex.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Yes, they'll have thousands of players in a month or two, but that's a far cry from where they stand now, that's my point. It's not going to be one of the top games played within a couple of months. It just isn't. Everything major that this game does well is being covered elsewhere.

Ring of Elysium is not "very active". Come on. :laugh: It has 20K players currently. That's half of TF2, a game that came out 12 years ago. It's 1/40th of PUBG, a game that's been out for almost 2 years now. Realm Royale is a quarter of ROE. They're not "very active". They're niche games at best. Fortnite and PUBG have the BR game on lockdown. PUBG for the crowd that enjoys more of the mil-sim type games and Fortnite for the more RPG/cartoony approach to BR. Everything else is killed by their wake in a similar fashion to how Titanfall was always killed by CoD and Battlefield releases. They might be great games, but they don't have real staying power. Same with Apex.
I don't think you understand numbers. 20K active users (and it averages almost 24K concurrent users every 24 hours so nice try downplaying) is fantastic. It's the 22nd highest game on Steam right this minute for crying out loud and that's not "very active?" Niche games? Jesus.

So every player in the NHL is supposed to be an 100 point player because anything less isn't good. Maybe we should change the game to 1 on 1 with 12 "teams"?

This game already has over 25 million players and over 2 million concurrent users you think that's going to suddenly stop after a couple weeks? You're legitimately insane.

Reactions: Beau Knows

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I don't think you understand numbers. 20K active users (and it averages almost 24K concurrent users every 24 hours so nice try downplaying) is fantastic. It's the 22nd highest game on Steam right this minute for crying out loud and that's not "very active?" Niche games? Jesus.

So every player in the NHL is supposed to be an 100 point player because anything less isn't good. Maybe we should change the game to 1 on 1 with 12 "teams"?

This game already has over 25 million players and over 2 million concurrent users you think that's going to suddenly stop after a couple weeks? You're legitimately insane.
I understand numbers just fine. Take the ridiculous fanboy glasses off for a second and look at reality. 20K active users is not a great deal. Why would I downplay such an embarrassingly low number? :laugh: I checked how many players were currently on and it said just over 20K, that's why I put 20K. There are currently 15, 879 players on ROE and the 24 hour peak was 2o,881. I'm not downplaying anything because I don't need to.

This tangent about the NHL is just moronic. I don't even need to address how exceptionally stupid that false equivalency you're trying to make there as it's pretty self-evidently stupid. I guess I'll play you're stupid game, though. Connor McDavid is Fortnite(or Crosby or whomever you think is the best player in the world, doesn't matter.) Ring of Elysium is like.....Frank Vatrano. He's fine. He's a worthy player, but compared to Connor McDavid he's absolutely nothing. That's ROE to Fortnite. PUBG is like...Nathan MacKinnon in this example. Still excellent, but not Fortnite levels. Realm is like Jesse Puljujarvi. Seemed like a big deal for a second, but is now pretty clearly nothing.

22nd highest is some accomplishment? Well behind games that are years and years old? If that's your mark for "very active" then, you're right, Apex will likely be "very active" for quite some time. It won't be anywhere near PUBG or Fortnite, but they'll obviously have some players because it's a free BR game released on multiple platforms. If that's "very active" then I guess you're right there.

Also nowhere did I say people would "suddenly stop" playing. It will be gradual over the course of a couple of months. The player base will dwindle and dwindle(like....I don't know...every other Respawn game) until there are 20-40 thousand die hards playing and everyone else has moved on to bigger and better games.

I don't understand your obsession and relentless defense for such an average, run of the mill game. There's nothing special about it. Get over it. You will still be able to play in a couple of months. It's not going to go away. It just won't be that popular, it'll be a niche game like ROE and Realm.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
attachments, ammo, ect. Some of it is getting used to it but it's a chore. Like what attachments go on which guns are not always as intuitive. Also the quick menu for healing doesn't always work.
Lolwut?

And whats awesome is if you have attachments in your inv that don't go to any gun you have, as soon as you pick one up it attaches them. Great for when you fist land. And the auto-swapping of attachments if you swap guns is so good!

Easiest BR game I have played that shows ammo and what guns work with that ammo too. So easy to remember what guns do what too (burst fire, sniper...etc)

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014

There was TONS of hype for Destiny though. Months and months of slow reveals and trailers and gameplay and articles and leaks and movies...etc.

People wanted to justify buying into the hype and placing their preorders so they pretended it was a great game until they actually got bored with it a month after release.

Apex Legends? Came from nowhere (literally nobody heard about it till 2 days before its release) and instantly was a hit with people. Its an acutal fun BR game with tons of support from the worlds best streamers and video game media AFTER it has been released. No hype, people already playing it and loving it.

BIG difference there.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I don't understand your obsession and relentless defense for such an average, run of the mill game. There's nothing special about it. Get over it. You will still be able to play in a couple of months. It's not going to go away. It just won't be that popular, it'll be a niche game like ROE and Realm.
Proof you haven't played it. :laugh:

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Apex Legends? Came from nowhere (literally nobody heard about it till 2 days before its release) and instantly was a hit with people. Its an acutal fun BR game with tons of support from the worlds best streamers and video game media AFTER it has been released. No hype, people already playing it and loving it.

That's because with like all EA games they pay streamers to play it. Once that stops they will be done playing it.

Of course it isn't dead yet. It's new and different. It will take a month or two.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
This guy hurts my head. He thinks every game needs 6 billion people or its a niche game.

Everyone knows the 22nd highest game on steam is a failure. There are only like 2 successful games out there, everyone else is wasting their time.

Reactions: Natey
Sep 19, 2008
Don't see the issue with diluting the field. The field can't just be Fortnite and PUBG.

Complain about EA all you want but what did you expect them to do? BR is getting popular. Let's see how the game does.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
got Caustic today. first few rounds I thought he was shit. then I realised that although the gas does f*** all damage, its amazing for information. you basically play him like Lesion from R6 Siege.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
That's because with like all EA games they pay streamers to play it. Once that stops they will be done playing it.

Of course it isn't dead yet. It's new and different. It will take a month or two.
Fortnite paid people too. Streamers also got a 5% cut on V-Buck sales for awhile at launch.

Like are you serious? You have to be trolling. Most games do these days that have large multiplayer aspects.

I'm sure someone is getting paid to play the new Spellbreak BR today too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad