Apex Legends F2P BR on all platforms

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
got the badge for back to back wins as Bangalore. I think i prefer her to Gibraltar now tbh

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
Played a couple games and I definitely like it a lot more than fortnite. Hopefully they'll add solos soon because I just hate working in teams. But this game has serious potential

Solos in a class based shooter? Everyone would play Wraith.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
I gave the game a shot and was expecting not to really like it but have been enjoying it so far. I'm not really a fan of how the inventory screen works or that there's only teams of 3. I'll see if it has any lasting interest for me, would be pretty odd for me to really enjoy a popular online game though. :laugh: Feel like every popular shooter always has some massive flaws that stick out at me too much for me to really enjoy.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I gave the game a shot and was expecting not to really like it but have been enjoying it so far. I'm not really a fan of how the inventory screen works or that there's only teams of 3. I'll see if it has any lasting interest for me, would be pretty odd for me to really enjoy a popular online game though. :laugh: Feel like every popular shooter always has some massive flaws that stick out at me too much for me to really enjoy.
You had 130 hours in PUBG. You do enjoy some popular shooters. :P

I just played Apex tonight for the first time and had a blast in the 2 games I played. Smoked a kid in my first game, second game not so hot haha. Finished 4th and 5th. Seems fun.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF

I just played Apex tonight for the first time and had a blast in the 2 games I played. Smoked a kid in my first game, second game not so hot haha. Finished 4th and 5th. Seems fun.

Outcasts Apex team?? (If only I wasnt EU lol)

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Also I'm surprised to see a complaint about Apex' inventory system. It's by faaaaar the best of any BR. Super streamlined

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Respawn got me to give a shit about a battle royal, pretty impressive. Hamfisted cringe character writing notwithstanding. 4 wins so far but I’m enjoying the lack of tedium the most.

Last edited:

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
got three straight wins with by brother just now, in 2 of which the random died at the start of the game lol

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Also I'm surprised to see a complaint about Apex' inventory system. It's by faaaaar the best of any BR. Super streamlined
Ring of Elysium's inventory might be slightly better. Very similar though.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
The contextual marker system is great. I always play with a full party, but even then it's really usefull for pointing out enemies, items, drop locations. Really well thought-out system.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA

True enough lol, but I am absolutely in love with this gun play. It feels just so damn right. I hope they never change it. I never played the Titanfall games, can anybody who has tell me if the gun play is similar? I just love the fact that hip fire feels so powerful and you can move so quickly while shooting accurately.

I just had this beastly round, my third win this weekend:

And agreed, the ping system is so f***ing good. I haven't played many BR games other than PUBG, did any other BR game even have a ping system? Seems so damn obvious.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
I forgot to mention, does anyone else think sniping in this game sucks? The bullet drop is so weird. I'm personally pretty happy since I'm more of a close quarters guy, especially with how fast paced this game is, but it just feels so awkward when shooting anyone further than like 75 meters.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Decided to give it a shot and it’s alright. Good for a free game but nothing groundbreaking. The communication system is very cool, and some of the abilities are neat ideas, but it’s the same ol same ol BR. TTK is pretty long, which definitely works against me because I’m a terrible shot :laugh: I don’t see how this will have staying power considering it’s essentially the exact same game so many people have been playing for over a year now. Had this come out st the same time as Fortnite it would probably stand more of a chance. I think it will die down pretty heavily within a month or so.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Decided to give it a shot and it’s alright. Good for a free game but nothing groundbreaking. The communication system is very cool, and some of the abilities are neat ideas, but it’s the same ol same ol BR. TTK is pretty long, which definitely works against me because I’m a terrible shot :laugh: I don’t see how this will have staying power considering it’s essentially the exact same game so many people have been playing for over a year now. Had this come out st the same time as Fortnite it would probably stand more of a chance. I think it will die down pretty heavily within a month or so.
It'll die when BR dies. Not before.

They've already had well over 10 million players. Way faster than Fortnite reached thay number.

Other BRs that are still chugging along aren't dying, so why would this? Ring of Elysium just got a map. Realm Royale just came out on consoles.

This game wont die, especially because it's free. Maybe if it cost money like Call of Duty... Although basing it off Twitch alone, it still has more viewers than Ring or Realm.

BR will die eventually. But not anytime soon. And Apex may be what overtakes Fortnite for good because it appeals to a bigger age group.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Eh, I'll give it a try, but I can't imagine this is going to be something I'll jump right into.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
It'll die when BR dies. Not before.

They've already had well over 10 million players. Way faster than Fortnite reached thay number.

Other BRs that are still chugging along aren't dying, so why would this? Ring of Elysium just got a map. Realm Royale just came out on consoles.

This game wont die, especially because it's free. Maybe if it cost money like Call of Duty... Although basing it off Twitch alone, it still has more viewers than Ring or Realm.

BR will die eventually. But not anytime soon. And Apex may be what overtakes Fortnite for good because it appeals to a bigger age group.
Yes, they've had a lot of players to start, I'm saying I don't see those people sticking with it for very long. It just doesn't do anything drastically different or better than the other BRs. It's fine for what it is, but when you have people getting tired of Fortnite after playing it for over a year, how is this game a breath of fresh air? It's the same game with minor tweaks. Even coming from PUBG, which is markedly different from this, and never having much time in Fortnite at all(maybe 5 matches total) this feels stale to me. It's the same game I've been playing for two years with cartoon graphics and silly abilities.

They were too late on the trend to have a lot of staying power. This happens every time with Respawn games. People talk about what a great job they did, how much fun they're having, and then everyone stops playing within a month or two. I'll be very surprised if this isn't the same way.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Yes, they've had a lot of players to start, I'm saying I don't see those people sticking with it for very long. It just doesn't do anything drastically different or better than the other BRs. It's fine for what it is, but when you have people getting tired of Fortnite after playing it for over a year, how is this game a breath of fresh air? It's the same game with minor tweaks. Even coming from PUBG, which is markedly different from this, and never having much time in Fortnite at all(maybe 5 matches total) this feels stale to me. It's the same game I've been playing for two years with cartoon graphics and silly abilities.

They were too late on the trend to have a lot of staying power. This happens every time with Respawn games. People talk about what a great job they did, how much fun they're having, and then everyone stops playing within a month or two. I'll be very surprised if this isn't the same way.
I think you're going to be very surprised then. This takes the good of BR and improves on it.

Pinging items and pinging enemies are already such a huge bonus. The automatic item system is the best part of Ring of Elysium and it's added here.

You don't get 400K viewers on Twitch for a week straight if you're going to die quickly.

Shroud is loving this for example. As long as he stays, the game stays.

And what's "dead" because people say PUBG is dead all the time. And it still peaks at over 1,000,000 players daily on PC alone.

As long as Respawn is working on more content, you're kidding yourself if you expect it to die in 2 months. It's already been noted that Titanfall 2 has had thousands and thousands more players since the release of Apex than it had in the last year.

Too late? There are 2 huge and 2 other very active BRs on the market.

Fortnite
PUBG
Ring of Elysium
Realm Royale

Realm is the lowest and peaks over 10K on PC alone. It's also on console.

Apex is going nowhere unless Respawn abandons it and doesn't listen to the player base.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada

This is the only BR game that I've enjoyed and I know a few other people who also don't normally play these games but have been playing this one. I wouldn't be surprised if this game isn't just drawing from Fortnite players, but is getting new players into the genre.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
They did some thing right but all in all this will be forgotten in a month and will never last competitively. The thing about other BR's is the only advantage is the guns and armor but you still have a shooters chance. This game you don't know what you are running into.. Somebody who will pop up a shield, portals to bounce around, throw a decoy your way, etc. Everybody at the end has 3 because of the bring back system. Winning battles man down is virtually impossible. Game is done in a month.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Apex Legends did get me back to playing TitanFall 2 again. Damn, this game is still so good.

And I still wreck with Ion and Monarch :D

Great to see Apex Legends spreading the good word of Respawn Entertainment.

Reactions: Natey

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
They did some thing right but all in all this will be forgotten in a month and will never last competitively. The thing about other BR's is the only advantage is the guns and armor but you still have a shooters chance. This game you don't know what you are running into.. Somebody who will pop up a shield, portals to bounce around, throw a decoy your way, etc. Everybody at the end has 3 because of the bring back system. Winning battles man down is virtually impossible. Game is done in a month.

Disagree everyone has 3 at the end. It's not that easy to respawn people as there is a time limit, people camp the tags and or camp the drop zone. Not to mention the ship coming in tells everyone around what is going on. We did win several battles down a guy

Played a ton of this on Sat for the 1st time. Took me a while to get the feel, weapons and characters down. It plays fast and for a free game no complaints. The staying power will be what they add to it; obviously, they need people to spend money. I don't know if the different skins here will get people to pony up; especially since you unlock so many anyways.

I agree it feels like you walk into ambushes or other teams all the time. Movement and travel are so fast and you don't really hear them coming. Managing inventory is a chore which is one of the reasons I prefer Fortnite over PubG.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad