Apex Legends F2P BR on all platforms

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Im enjoying it so far. Don't know how long I will play it but right now it scratches the gaming itch :)

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
8 operators and 2 have been down for almost a whole day. Awesome support.
Only on one platform and only if you unlocked them after the update, it hasn't been a day yet and they are fixing it.

Good god man are you just going to be that guy who hates something so much they feel like they have to go on the internet and only talk negatively about something they are clearly obsessed with?

You can be better than that. Let people enjoy the game.

Reactions: SeidoN

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
I don't get why people keep going on and on and on about hating something. It's one thing to just post a complaint once but to keep going on seems illogical. Think of all the things you can be doing that you enjoy with your time. :laugh:

I personally hate Fortnite but you don't see me posting in the Fortnite thread over and over about it.

Reactions: HerpaDerp

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
I don't get why people keep going on and on and on about hating something. It's one thing to just post a complaint once but to keep going on seems illogical. Think of all the things you can be doing that you enjoy with your time. :laugh:

I personally hate Fortnite but you don't see me posting in the Fortnite thread over and over about it.

“Why are you guys all enjoying something I subjectively hate?!”

Just comes off as a superiority complex or something along those lines.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I really enjoy the team element. I havent felt that since SOCOM. I really suck at this game, tho. I never got into fortnite or anything like that, and havent played many shooter since CoD on PS3...even that was sporadic.

kingsholygrail

Banana Split 1-1
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Went 18:00 without even encountering another squad, then downed immediately. The movement is really slow compared to Blackout. Don't think I'll be playing this one very long.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
I've had one game like that, we made it to the final 3 without ever seeing anyone else. My friend and I spent half the round asking each other where everyone is. It's just luck of the draw, sometimes the stars seem to align and you might go a long time without encountering anyone. That being said, I've already played 13 hours and that has happened to me once and I was still really confused when it did happen.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Went 18:00 without even encountering another squad, then downed immediately. The movement is really slow compared to Blackout. Don't think I'll be playing this one very long.

Are you using the ziplines, sliding down hills and using the balloons? You get around the map pretty quick when you use all those things together, especially if you play as Pathfinder.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I play and like both. I feel like Blackout is a lot slower than AL. LOL.

I also seem to not play as good in Blackout. So many times do you end up running through a forest only to get run over, sniped or shot in the back. It seems like no matter where you are in AL you have enough time and there is enough terrain to get out of the way once shot at.

Again, I like both but I feel like AL is much more forgiving.

I do agree that you seem to not run into anyone more often in AL though. Hey at least you get points for survival time in AL unlike BO.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
I played with a proper squad last night. Won like 8 and 4 or 5 in a row. Pushing all shots and our squad wiped 1/4th of the lobby every time. It's cool and different but I still stick by my review. Ultimately the lack of leaderboards, ranking system, and way to see stats and not for 1 second before game starts will do this game in. Need something to grind for. R6, diamond. Fortnite and PUBG you can see wins, unlocks, leaderboards. It's like Battlefield, great game but I have no reason to get on and play.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Ultimately the lack of leaderboards, ranking system

Pretty hard to imagine a ranked mode won't be added.

and way to see stats and not for 1 second before game starts will do this game in.

You can view your stats for each character by going to Legends->Banners->Trackers

Need something to grind for. R6, diamond. Fortnite and PUBG you can see wins, unlocks, leaderboards. It's like Battlefield, great game but I have no reason to get on and play.

You and I couldn't have more different views of games. I don't need to grind for things, playing a game is fun not a chore.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
I played with a proper squad last night. Won like 8 and 4 or 5 in a row. Pushing all shots and our squad wiped 1/4th of the lobby every time. It's cool and different but I still stick by my review. Ultimately the lack of leaderboards, ranking system, and way to see stats and not for 1 second before game starts will do this game in. Need something to grind for. R6, diamond. Fortnite and PUBG you can see wins, unlocks, leaderboards. It's like Battlefield, great game but I have no reason to get on and play.

I am like 99% sure that Fortnite didnt have this in the beginning either. They had 1 dance, no skins, and nothing else but the game. And ill be honest, I barely, if ever, looked at Fortnite's leaderboards so that is no problem for me.

kingsholygrail

Banana Split 1-1
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
I play and like both. I feel like Blackout is a lot slower than AL. LOL.

I also seem to not play as good in Blackout. So many times do you end up running through a forest only to get run over, sniped or shot in the back. It seems like no matter where you are in AL you have enough time and there is enough terrain to get out of the way once shot at.

Again, I like both but I feel like AL is much more forgiving.

I do agree that you seem to not run into anyone more often in AL though. Hey at least you get points for survival time in AL unlike BO.

Is it the platform maybe? I play on PC.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
I am like 99% sure that Fortnite didnt have this in the beginning either. They had 1 dance, no skins, and nothing else but the game. And ill be honest, I barely, if ever, looked at Fortnite's leaderboards so that is no problem for me.

So you don't look at peoples stats to try to figure out who to play with?

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
So you don't look at peoples stats to try to figure out who to play with?

You mean to play with random people? Hell no. I either solo or play with friends. Maybe I am not hardcore enough haha.

But again, if you played Fortnite from right when it was launched, you didnt have the ability to do that for a few months. So to expect that from Apex right away isn't quite fair and comparison worthy.

Reactions: Beau Knows

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
You mean to play with random people? Hell no. I either solo or play with friends. Maybe I am not hardcore enough haha.

But again, if you played Fortnite from right when it was launched, you didnt have the ability to do that for a few months. So to expect that from Apex right away isn't quite fair and comparison worthy.
Especially since I am sure even Respawn had no idea how popular this game would be.

SouthGeorge is trying SOOOO hard to find reasons to hate this game.

Reactions: sa cyred

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com

People love to hate on games/systems they don't own or like. Then the counter is some people defend any little critique to the death.

It's a good game and I'm sure Apex will get better. Large company behind it so it's not going anywhere. Battlepass coming out in March, cross-platform, ect.

Fortnite was really basic when it 1st launched. I didn't come back to until a couple months after when they added the BP and controller enhancements for consoles. I never look at Fortnite's leaderboard, you're grouped with a bunch of random people - not the entire player base. It's kind of useless. The leaderboard is pretty much tied to playing time.

Been playing this consistently for the last week. Trying to really figure out which gun setups I like the most.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
imagine a friend asking you to squad up and you're like "sorry your stats are too low" :laugh::laugh:

It's probably happened to you and uoeno. I play to be the best/top player in every game. That's why my review of the game is considered expert.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I really only play games alone so I've played a few matches with random. Couple lame ones when guys split off and a couple good ones where the other two really tried to play as a team. It's a fun game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad