Apex Legends F2P BR on all platforms

ILikeTurtles

Sep 2, 2010
Didn't see a thread about this yet, so apologies if there is one.

Apex Legends - The Next Evolution of Battle Royale - Free on PS4, Xbox One, and PC

Show ‘em what you’re made of in Apex Legends, a free-to-play Battle Royale game where contenders from across the Frontier team up to battle for glory, fame, and fortune.

New BR set in the Titanfall universe. Feels like a mashup of Overwatch and COD Blackout. 8 different legends with unique abilites, 6 of which that are unlocked upon the start. The other 2 you unlock as you play. In game purchases are cosmetic only, like Fortnite. Currently only trios and lobbies of 60 but I'm sure that will be expanded upon moving forward. 1 million unique players in the first 8 hours of launch. If you haven't give the game a try.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
played a couple hours last night with my brothers. I was intrigued as I loved Titanfall 2 but thought it was a shame that the Titans and wallrunning were removed

instead it very quickly became our favourite and now go-to BR. it is BUTTER smooth in a way no other BR is, it pulls on all the best little mechanics from all the different BR games that PUBG is missing, its fast paced without being too fast and the class system is a great addition and will lend to Overwatch style roster padding.

love it

Reactions: Beantown Beatdown

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
This looks a lot more interesting to me than the other battle royale games. Might give this one a shot, Respawn certainly knows how to make a great FPS.

ILikeTurtles

Sep 2, 2010
played a couple hours last night with my brothers. I was intrigued as I loved Titanfall 2 but thought it was a shame that the Titans and wallrunning were removed

instead it very quickly became our favourite and now go-to BR. it is BUTTER smooth in a way no other BR is, it pulls on all the best little mechanics from all the different BR games that PUBG is missing, its fast paced without being too fast and the class system is a great addition and will lend to Overwatch style roster padding.

love it
I've never played OW so the characters is a new twist to me, especially in a BR but it works really well. Bloodhound has been my go to with his abilities. The severs can get a bit slow at the beginning of the game but I'm sure once people start buying cosmetics they'll be able to put money back into the game.

It being F2P will lend a huge hand into making it super popular. I agree this will be my go to BR since they've been running Fortnite into the ground.

ILikeTurtles

Sep 2, 2010
This looks a lot more interesting to me than the other battle royale games. Might give this one a shot, Respawn certainly knows how to make a great FPS.
Free to play game, doesn't hurt to give it a shot. My advice would be to watch some YouTube clips or Twitch streams to get an idea of the character, weapons, and mechanics before you dive in.

Reactions: Beau Knows

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I've never played OW so the characters is a new twist to me, especially in a BR but it works really well. Bloodhound has been my go to with his abilities. The severs can get a bit slow at the beginning of the game but I'm sure once people start buying cosmetics they'll be able to put money back into the game.

It being F2P will lend a huge hand into making it super popular. I agree this will be my go to BR since they've been running Fortnite into the ground.

im pretty much a Gibraltar main. my brother mostly played Lifeline until one match where he had to switch to Bloodhound and clutched a 1v3 to win a match so now he plays Bloodhound :laugh:

ILikeTurtles

Sep 2, 2010
im pretty much a Gibraltar main. my brother mostly played Lifeline until one match where he had to switch to Bloodhound and clutched a 1v3 to win a match so now he plays Bloodhound :laugh:
Bloodhound is so legit. He can track enemies. Plus he looks tight with the raven. Tried using Wraith but couldn't get a hang of her abilities. Oh well I'm sure I'll grind another 5+ hours out tonight.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Tried this out last night with two of my friends. We all enjoyed it and we will definitely be playing it more.
I don't typically care for other games doing a BR mode, but for some reason this one intrigued me more than the others, and I'm glad that it did.

Reactions: irunthepeg

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Bloodhound is so legit. He can track enemies. Plus he looks tight with the raven. Tried using Wraith but couldn't get a hang of her abilities. Oh well I'm sure I'll grind another 5+ hours out tonight.

I quite like Pathfinder and Wraith as well, but im a tank player in most games so Gibraltar speaks to me.

im close to unlocking another Legend. probably gonna pick Caustic since I already got some skins and trackers for him in boxes

it also helps that all the guns are from TF2 so I kinda know how they all function already. plus the weapon diversity is very solid.

ILikeTurtles

Sep 2, 2010
I quite like Pathfinder and Wraith as well, but im a tank player in most games so Gibraltar speaks to me.

im close to unlocking another Legend. probably gonna pick Caustic since I already got some skins and trackers for him in boxes

it also helps that all the guns are from TF2 so I kinda know how they all function already. plus the weapon diversity is very solid.
I'm about a 1/3rd of the way and think I'll go with Mirage, for the same reason ha. I have a few of his skins, mainly the bananas one!

I never played TF2 but I've gotten accustomed to them quickly. The wingman is legit, but I think I'll be rocking a sub over a shotty. They don't seem to do the damage I want them to.

Do you play PC, Xbox, or PS4?

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I have no doubt Respawn can make a mechanically excellent Battle Royale game.

That said, as somebody who put 300 hours into TitanFall and damn near 450 hours into TitanFall 2, the lack of wall-running and Titans makes this a pretty easy 'no guy' for me.

Hope it's very successful for them though.... so they can make a legit TitanFall 3. :D

Reactions: Steve Varlamov

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Not my style of game, but neat to see they are still making Titanfall content.

I just hope it means we'll see another excellent mainstream Titanfall a some point, and don't focus exclusively on Apex. Titanfall 2 was great.

Reactions: Steve Varlamov

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
I have no doubt Respawn can make a mechanically excellent Battle Royale game.

That said, as somebody who put 300 hours into TitanFall and damn near 450 hours into TitanFall 2, the lack of wall-running and Titans makes this a pretty easy 'no guy' for me.

Hope it's very successful for them though.... so they can make a legit TitanFall 3. :D

Do you say no to every other game on the market that doesn't have those two things?

Such an odd thing to draw a line in the sand over.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Do you say no to every other game on the market that doesn't have those two things?

Such an odd thing to draw a line in the sand over.

No... but they're pretty integral to what I want from a Respawn shooter. Because nobody else really delivers either of those things anywhere near as well.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
came across an unopened Lifeline care package, had a gold Mastiff, gold Holo sight and purple body armor :laugh:

its a shame the Mastiff is a rare weapon with unique ammo. was my favourite gun in TF2. but it does a ton of damage I guess. also got hold of the Kraber a couple times. man what a beast. got the game ending kill on someone who had no idea I was behind them and I just lined up a headshot :nod:

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Definitely enjoying it so far. Nice playing a more polished game after playing PUBG for so long.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Class shooter BR :laugh: Just hop on those trends while they're hot. Sounds like it's a pretty good game, though, so that's good to hear. I don't think I can start playing another BR game after putting 500 hours into PUBG. I need something truly innovative to give another BR a shot. I'm ready for the new craze.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Class shooter BR :laugh: Just hop on those trends while they're hot. Sounds like it's a pretty good game, though, so that's good to hear. I don't think I can start playing another BR game after putting 500 hours into PUBG. I need something truly innovative to give another BR a shot. I'm ready for the new craze.

I have 700 hours in PUBG. havent played it since October. doubt ill go back since my biggest complaint was performance and Apex runs like a dream

Beantown Beatdown

Sep 10, 2007
Hamilton
I absolutely love this game so far. Haven’t been able to get into the Battle Royale scene but this game has me hooked instantly. Haven’t done it myself but found out today you can kick down or blow up doors that can cause damage to people on the other side. That’s pretty neat.
Very interested to see what new features they bring into this game.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
I have 700 hours in PUBG. havent played it since October. doubt ill go back since my biggest complaint was performance and Apex runs like a dream
Yeah I haven't played in quite a while. Maybe early January? I've played the snow map and I liked it a lot, but it runs like shit. I think it's from the footprints and tire tracks in the snow. If I drop like 15 frames for no apparent reason I just start checking the ground because I know there are footprints around somewhere. It's super disappointing because the map design is very fun and it's a good balance between the big open maps and the tiny jungle map. Like I said, it's been a month by now so it might run better at this point, but that was my experience.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Played a couple games and I definitely like it a lot more than fortnite. Hopefully they'll add solos soon because I just hate working in teams. But this game has serious potential

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
This seems like its Titanfall only for name recognition?

Anyways, didnt like Fortnite (the build mechanic is too much) and PUBG runs like crap on consoles so I abandoned it quick, but I will give this a shot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad