Status
Not open for further replies.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
A. Open the can of tuna.
B. Dump the tuna in the garbage.
C. Make a 1/2lb cheeseburger.

All jokes aside... tuna, mayo, salt&pepper, a little finely diced garlic, and some finely chopped vidalia or sweet onion. Sometimes I'll add an herb of some sort if I have anything fresh laying around.
You say all jokes aside, but then immediately make a joke.

Should've kept with the serious portion of that post, you know, the one where you throw it in the garbage (where it deserves to rot).

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
In the order they were released. The first hour of the first movie was f***ing brutal. The second hour was tolerable but still not my thing.

Star Wars blows.

If anyone is looking for a good show, I'd suggest Fauda on Netflix, and I'd also recommend watching it in the original Hebrew/Arabic with English subtitles. I just binged the third season, it's a great show.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
On another lighter note... how's everyone's flow looking? I can officially be put into this category.

tenor.gif

Reactions: RayP

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
Bunch of babies with baby tastebuds up in here not liking tuna.

Tuna steaks and sushi are great. I also enjoy a tuna nicoise salad. Tuna from a can is a good, solid lunch choice option as long as it's a) in water not oil, and b) the albacore, not "light".

Shouldn't have it more than once a week or so because of the mercury.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Canned tuna is inedible.

A seared piece of ahi is one of my favorite things to make.

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
On another lighter note... how's everyone's flow looking? I can officially be put into this category.

tenor.gif

Mrs. Hawksrule cut my hair around a month ago, and she did a pretty fine job. Given that salons/barbershops are ripe for the transmission of this virus and that I won't be going back to one anytime soon, she will be my hairstylist for the foreseeable future.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Mrs. Hawksrule cut my hair around a month ago, and she did a pretty fine job. Given that salons/barbershops are ripe for the transmission of this virus and that I won't be going back to one anytime soon, she will be my hairstylist for the foreseeable future.

The missus over here has been cutting my hair for about 5 years, now. I can get it done any time, and she does a damn good job at this point. I just haven't bothered because.... well an infant... And I'm not going anywhere, so I don't really give a shit. :laugh:

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Yeah, my wife cut my hair about a month ago.

She said she had to resist the temptation of f***ing with me with me and using dog grooming clippers, but they were more expensive than what she got so she didn’t want to waste the money.

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
Yeah, my wife cut my hair about a month ago.

She said she had to resist the temptation of f***ing with me with me and using dog grooming clippers, but they were more expensive than what she got so she didn’t want to waste the money.

Mrs. hawksrule used the dog clippers.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Tuna steaks and sushi are great. I also enjoy a tuna nicoise salad. Tuna from a can is a good, solid lunch choice option as long as it's a) in water not oil, and b) the albacore, not "light".

Shouldn't have it more than once a week or so because of the mercury.

We went to Oahu 2 years ago and all I did was eat fresh tuna steak. It was the best fish I've ever had in my life. I work at a fine-dining seafood restaurant and none of it even comes close. Sushi is fantastic too. Have you seen the stories about these Sushi restaurants in Japan paying $1,000,000 for yellow fin tuna? It's considered an honor for them to serve such high quality to their guests and they don't care about the price.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
The cool thing with that is you can easily go from one Sigourney, to another, in like 5 mins.

2ef5caf7e1407083b1707386debd6822.jpg
This is what I ended up doing. Not quite as short, but I'm gonna buzz it again in the next week or two and probably go shorter.

Feels good compared to the mop I had.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
We went to Oahu 2 years ago and all I did was eat fresh tuna steak. It was the best fish I've ever had in my life. I work at a fine-dining seafood restaurant and none of it even comes close. Sushi is fantastic too. Have you seen the stories about these Sushi restaurants in Japan paying $1,000,000 for yellow fin tuna? It's considered an honor for them to serve such high quality to their guests and they don't care about the price.

I'm sure I would love fresh tuna. But you were talking about tuna salad. That's some canned shit. ;)

Just can't get past the smell.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Canned tuna is inedible.

A seared piece of ahi is one of my favorite things to make.

It's so hard for me to cook it on the grill. You've got like 30 seconds to get it to the sweet spot or it's either under-cooked or turned into gray cat food

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I'm sure I would love fresh tuna. But you were talking about tuna salad. That's some canned shit. ;)

Just can't get past the smell.

You can make tuna salad with fresh tuna.

And again, don't you eat sushi pretty regularly? Or did pre-Covid? If you've ever had a crunch roll, you've likely had fresh tuna. Or a rainbow roll. :thumbu:

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Just realized that I passed my eight-year employment anniversary with my current company about a week ago.

Time flies for what started out as a temp gig...

Reactions: Pez68
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad