OT: Anything Goes 37

Status
Not open for further replies.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
My only source is the hours and hours of Snapchat I watched the last two days, but the riots were overwhelmingly young black people. This spiel from people that "it's actually white supremacists infiltrating these groups and causing the rioting/looting" will never be accurate or correct in my eyes.

At least not in Chicago.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Word has it around town that a lot of hotels out here that are typically empty (not even factoring in Covid impacts) were fully booked all weekend. Can’t personally vouch for how accurate that is, but a lot of people are claiming there are a ton of out of town license plates around too.... and that they came specifically to look.

Which in theory could make sense because you have a lot of small towns where the closest big city to them is SLC. This could apply for parts of Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, and even parts of Nevada.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Word has it around town that a lot of hotels out here that are typically empty (not even factoring in Covid impacts) were fully booked all weekend. Can’t personally vouch for how accurate that is, but a lot of people are claiming there are a ton of out of town license plates around too.... and that they came specifically to look.

Which in theory could make sense because you have a lot of small towns where the closest big city to them is SLC. This could apply for parts of Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, and even parts of Nevada.

Minneapolis-St Paul International Airport was packed on Friday with incoming passengers. They have also been finding strategically place bottles of accelerants and bricks throughout the city. This is calculated. The local jewelry store we buy from also was looted but it took the looters 90 seconds...these people were pros.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
All this made me apply for my FOID card again, this is all unsettling.

I'm leaning more and more towards being one of those guys that stockpiles guns and ammo, than the normal guy that just has a handgun in the house for personal defense. Seriously. This country has major, major problems.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I'm leaning more and more towards being one of those guys that stockpiles guns and ammo, than the normal guy that just has a handgun in the house for personal defense. Seriously. This country has major, major problems.

Nah. No need. Want a few? Sure. One per household member that is of age, and/or properly trained to use it? I can get behind that.

A closet stacked with weapons? You just look batshit crazy.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Light hearted change of topic...

How do you guys make your tuna salad? What's your method/recipe? GO!

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

A. Open the can of tuna.
B. Dump the tuna in the garbage.
C. Make a 1/2lb cheeseburger.

All jokes aside... tuna, mayo, salt&pepper, a little finely diced garlic, and some finely chopped vidalia or sweet onion. Sometimes I'll add an herb of some sort if I have anything fresh laying around.

plasmonresonance

Jul 28, 2015
A. Open the can of tuna.
B. Dump the tuna in the garbage.
C. Make a 1/2lb cheeseburger.

All jokes aside... tuna, mayo, salt&pepper, a little finely diced garlic, and some finely chopped vidalia or sweet onion. Sometimes I'll add an herb of some sort if I have anything fresh laying around.
Basically add enough spicy stuff to disguise the taste of that canned tuna. Think my mom used to throw in chopped olives. Only way I have canned tuna now is if I make a typical green salad and then toss in the tuna for a bit of protein.

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019

If that's your reaction to all of this, you're part of the problem not the solution. I can't think of a single peaceful country where the citizenry got there by stockpiling weapons.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011

Also off topic, I watched my first entire Star Wars movie last night. Somehow I got suckered into watching the entire series.

This is going to suck.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Also off topic, I watched my first entire Star Wars movie last night. Somehow I got suckered into watching the entire series.

This is going to suck.

Well there's only 2 great ones, 2 good ones, and 5 stupid ones so....enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad