OT: Anything Goes 37

Status
Not open for further replies.

MileHighHawksFan

When the going gets tough, Hawks fly together!
Jan 16, 2012
Denver, CO
My last post in the mitchell thread reminded me of a funny anecdote.

Was hanging out with a buddy from michigan, hes a casual hockey fan and mentioned that he went to high school with a kid in the nhl but he wasnt sure how he was doing. I ask him who it was... friggin torey krug! I immediately told him he was killing it. He could hardly believe me, so I pulled up his stats (pretty sure he helped me win a fantasy league that year too). He was almost in disbelief was pretty funny to see. He figured he was just a guy in the nhl not one of the better offensive dmen. He mentioned he was always a sick athlete and played every sport with a huge chip on his shoulder bc of the size thing.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Warehouses are back to being stocked after all the panic buying. Between the price of oil falling through the basement and the economy blowing a gasket work has finally cratered. Got called this morning and was asked if I wanted to take the next three days off with half pay. Yes please.

Gas was $1.80 a gallon in the city of Chicago yesterday. That’s the lowest I can remember seeing it.

plasmonresonance

Jul 28, 2015
Went to two grocery stores and was surprised to see that all the flour and yeast were sold out. Guess a bunch of other people had the same idea of baking bread. One store did have plenty of toilet paper but I didn't need any of that.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
80F and sunny again today here. Sucks to be in the midwest. Snow in April was always depressing to me.

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
Dont know how much you guys listen to rap, but Buffalo rapper Benny the Butcher had a pretty cool Patrick Kane scheme on one of his verses on WSG's new album.

"Think its a game till I patrick kane somebody homie
Sliding thru with the stick shootin one by the goalie

Screenshot_20200417-105018_Spotify.jpg

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
80F and sunny again today here. Sucks to be in the midwest. Snow in April was always depressing to me.
Was just thinking about how happy I was I moved out west before this shit once I heard about the 50 car pile up in the snow on I-90 the other day.

Way easier to deal with the quarantine when I have a fenced in back yard and really nice weather every day.

Reactions: Race Bannon

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Mowed last week. Forgot how much I missed mowing the lawn.

The problem with a white collar, all online job is that there's almost zero sense of progress beyond marking a file as done and scratching the file number off a paper sheet of my active files. There's just something inherently satisfying about seeing a clear amount of work, knowing exactly how much progress I'm making, and having a definitive end. To that end, lawn mowing and painting a room is just inherently satisfying for me, especially with my delightfully pleasant History of England podcast playing.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Oh man, I overheard them talking about it yesterday a bit but wasn't sure who they were talking about. Did they provide a prognosis for him?

Supposedly he said it's very treatable and he's hopeful. He's starting chemo. I wish him the absolute best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad