NFL: Antonio Brown walks out on Bucs during game vs Jets - career as a Buc is over

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The soap opera continues!

He's still a dick but this now looks like the NFL version of the Eichel saga, assuming he actually does have medical proof and this MRI isn't as phantom as his vaccine card.

Last edited:

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
AB’s story has to be true first.

Fair enough, but based on the description of the MRI it sounds like his camp has pretty strong evidence. The only thing I can think of is if he misconstrued the exchange with Arians, but if his ankle is as bad as they're claiming he shouldn't have even dressed for the game.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013

So Antonio Brown missed 6 games from mid October on with an ankle injury . During his 3 game suspension and subsequent return his ankle injury was still reported. So you mean to tell me at no time over the last two and a half months did the Bucs have Xrays taken and/or have doctors check him out??? An injury that kept him out 6 weeks got magically worse during a game yet he could run off the field doing jumping jacks???

Reactions: tacogeoff

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Bad look for the Bucs... can't believe I'm siding with AB.
He missed 6 games in a row with that bad ankle; then it was still bad during his 3 game suspension. It just didn't get bad during that game. They probably told him its going to hurt but you can play on it. Like Brady playing with his knee injury all last year.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
He missed 6 games in a row with that bad ankle; then it was still bad during his 3 game suspension. It just didn't get bad during that game. They probably told him its going to hurt but you can play on it. Like Brady playing with his knee injury all last year.

I don't really get your argument. His ankle was vulnerable heading in to the game, so he would have a higher chance of aggravating the injury, and the coaching staff should be aware of that.

AB has the absolute worst track record and obviously could be leaving out details about the management of the injury and his interactions with the coaching staff. But none of what he's claiming is really that outlandish.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
I don't really get your argument. His ankle was vulnerable heading in to the game, so he would have a higher chance of aggravating the injury, and the coaching staff should be aware of that.

AB has the absolute worst track record and obviously could be leaving out details about the management of the injury and his interactions with the coaching staff. But none of what he's claiming is really that outlandish.
Couple of things here: 1) How much worse could the ankle be during that game than when he missed 6 games with it? Did he hobble off the field and favour it? Not at all. 2) if you get a chance watch some film of that game and watch him run some routes. The ankle didn't look bad at all. 3) Everyone on the team knew he had had a bad ankle for months including Arians. Like most NFLers he played in pain but it wasn't going to get any worse. That's why he played. 4) For whatever reason something set him off but it wasn't the sudden onset of an ankle injury that did it.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Fair enough, but based on the description of the MRI it sounds like his camp has pretty strong evidence. The only thing I can think of is if he misconstrued the exchange with Arians, but if his ankle is as bad as they're claiming he shouldn't have even dressed for the game.
You ever play highly competitive football? Guys play with injuries all the time.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Remember when he was vaccinated month ago? This guy is pathetic liar.

Move on.

Tom Brady

Legend of all Legends!
Feb 13, 2010
Bad look for the Bucs... can't believe I'm siding with AB.
So far this year they have been really shady with injuries to their players. in week 4 against the Rams they sent Gronk back in to the game with a punctured lung, 1 broken rib and 4 cracked ribs.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
So far this year they have been really shady with injuries to their players. in week 4 against the Rams they sent Gronk back in to the game with a punctured lung, 1 broken rib and 4 cracked ribs.
They didn't know that at the time.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Seems like there's some smoke here but going after Brady is the dumbest thing he could do.

Brady is the guy who got him both of his last chances and logic would say he's not the guy forcing you to play through the ankle injury if it was as bad as he's claiming. Take issue with Arians or whoever you idiot

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Sadly this could be big distraction for Bucs in next few weeks...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad