NFL: Antonio Brown walks out on Bucs during game vs Jets - career as a Buc is over

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
So Guerrero tells AB to let him know where to send the $$$ AB feels he is owed & then AB turns on him? Sorry, I'm not giving AB the slightest benefit of the doubt in this ankle situation. He has ZERO credibility. And if my ankle was as bad as AB says his was I can assure you I would not be frolicking off the field.

Reactions: tacogeoff

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
A plausible scenario is kinda emerging for me here. Based on what Arians says it sounds to me like Bryant was cleared to play but with a limited number of snaps in order to manage the situation.

Now imagine Bryant needing certain production numbers to get a bonus + being asked to play while affected by an injury..and then not getting targeted as much as he feels he should on the plays he does get. They probably told him in the week stuff like 'man we need you, we're trying to get in a groove for the playoffs, we don't wanna rest anyone".

So he agrees to play, but in his mind that's based on an unspoken agreement that he's going to be able to use that playing time to reach his goals, no way he agrees to that to be a decoy on a ton of plays. 100% that'd be an insult in the mind of a guy like AB. Like you're asking me to go out there on one leg and only for X% of plays and then you aren't even going to throw it to me on those plays I get?

That's exactly the kind of stuff that gets a guy like AB 'hot'. I can totally see that leading to the confrontation we saw on Sunday.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Per ESPN's Adam Schefter, Bucs general manager Jason Licht said the team declined a request last week from Brown and his agent to guarantee the remaining $2 million in incentives on Brown's deal.
Schefter also reported that Brown "was agitated about not getting the targets he was expecting during the game and had to be calmed down" during halftime of Sunday's game.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
So he agrees to play, but in his mind that's based on an unspoken agreement that he's going to be able to use that playing time to reach his goals, no way he agrees to that to be a decoy on a ton of plays. 100% that'd be an insult in the mind of a guy like AB. Like you're asking me to go out there on one leg and only for X% of plays and then you aren't even going to throw it to me on those plays I get?
Brown had 5 targets in the 1st half. But AB had bonuses for yardage and Tds which he wasn't going to reach. Last year Brady fed him in the last 3 minutes of the last game in order for AB to reach his targets. But Brady wouldn't fed a guy if the game was in doubt.

BobColesNasalCavity

Oct 15, 2016
West Side
I 100% believe this version.....AB was pissed that TB12 was targeting Gronk instead of him when AB was close to getting several financial incentives.

That's exactly what happened. After Week 16 against the Panthers with Godwin out and he was the main target for 10 and 101, AB probably thought he was the man again. Matchups were different against the Jets, TB12 went back to Gronk, AB took it personal and I guess thought he wasn't going to get his bonuses? It's not like Brady wasn't targeting AB during the game either.

AB overreacted, burned the bridge to the ground, now his agent and attorney are trying to play damage control, trying to use the hurt ankle as an excuse for a wrongful termination and make the Bucs look like the bad guys, hoping to not just recoup some of the money he left, but also salvage another shot in the league.

Last edited:
Reactions: PanthersPens62

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
Yep, I'm more inclined to believe that this is AB being AB, rather than a bunch of medical professionals and the entire coaching staff ganging up on one guy.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Waiting for something like this to release him just shows how little they cared about him or his mental health as long as he shut up and played.

He has plenty of blame here, but Tampa isn’t exactly genuine here.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I don't know what's going on here, someone tell me when they figure it out
I think all we learn from this Guerrero thing is just how much Brady's buddy is getting paid by Brady's teammates. Brady is almost certainly getting a piece of it. Can't help but wonder if that's part of what you sign up for when Brady brings you in.

Reactions: Spring in Fialta

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
I think all we learn from this Guerrero thing is just how much Brady's buddy is getting paid by Brady's teammates. Brady is almost certainly getting a piece of it. Can't help but wonder if that's part of what you sign up for when Brady brings you in.
Brady and his wife are probably worth $500 million. He doesn't need the money.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Brady and his wife are probably worth $500 million. He doesn't need the money.
I don’t think you understand the mentality of the kind of people who amass a $500 million fortune all on their own. If that was how Brady viewed the world, he wouldn’t have started TB12 and wouldn’t continue endorsing a bunch of products.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
I don’t think you understand the mentality of the kind of people who amass a $500 million fortune all on their own. If that was how Brady viewed the world, he wouldn’t have started TB12 and wouldn’t continue endorsing a bunch of products.
He endorses what he believes in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad