NFL: Antonio Brown walks out on Bucs during game vs Jets - career as a Buc is over

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
mind boggling. Props to Brady and his team for not letting this fool derail their concentration and coming back to win.
Nah, I think I agree with Tony Dungy on Brown. Dungy said it two years ago after the Raiders fiasco. “No team should sign Brown until he receives the help he needs”. It was true in 2019 and it is still true today.

Brady enabled AB, not once but twice with the results being exactly the same as it has been throughout AB’s entire career. Maybe if Brady believed in medical science instead of playing with a snake oil salesman (Alex Guerrero) and thinking gallons of daily water intake and avocados cures everything, it’s possible AB got the help he truly needs. Brady deserves zero pats on the back nor accolades for the AB situation. His post game presser was as lame as his advocacy to bring Brown to the teams he plays on.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
The plot thickens...Brown may not be completely insane if the team cut him for not going in injured

"What he told the staff, from what I understand, is that he was not going into the game because, in his mind, he did not feel he was healthy," Rapoport said. "The response then from the offensive coaches and from Bruce Arians was, 'If you are not gonna go into the game when we tell you to go into the game, then you cannot be here.' At that point, they threw him off the sidelines and then cut him from the team."

Report: Antonio Brown claims ankle injury prevented him from re-entering Bucs game

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I don't buy that. With how banged up the Bucs are at WR, if Brown says to Arians "coach I can't go," Bruce probably sits him just out of precaution. Especially when he couldn't practice most of the week.

Arians might be a bit of a hardass, but he's not an idiot

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
The plot thickens...Brown may not be completely insane if the team cut him for not going in injured

Report: Antonio Brown claims ankle injury prevented him from re-entering Bucs game

Yes, he sure looked injured jogging off the field and jumping up and down on his way out the door. :laugh:

Sorry, but it’s a little difficult to believe a person that went to lengths to forge covid cards nevermind the countless situations he has been in where he lied about his involvement and culpability in legal matters. I guess I am saying, AB is a liar and I don’t believe anything that comes out of his mouth.

Did you know the day before he got suspended for forgery, he was on Richard Sherman’s podcast claiming to be a victim and lying his ass off about the forgeries? Nothing he says is ever truthful.

Reactions: JetsWillFly4Ever

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
The Bucs, the league and the PA should be doing all they can to reach out to this guy and get him help.

As stupid or funny or whatever the look was for this to outsiders, people that follow Brown know something just isn't right.
Brown has been unstable for years. It's joke that he was allowed to play for the Bucs in the first place. Same with Richard Sherman but what Tom Brady wants Tom Brady gets.

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
The Bucs, the league and the PA should be doing all they can to reach out to this guy and get him help.

As stupid or funny or whatever the look was for this to outsiders, people that follow Brown know something just isn't right.
Maybe they are helping but the responsibility shouldn’t fall on the Bucs or the NFL. AB is no longer employed by the NFL or the Bucs. It’s up to the NFLPA, friends and family at this point to help AB get the treatment he needs.

Here’s the deal, AB is an adult and can’t be forced into treatment or medication unless he is deemed unfit by the courts. He can’t even be committed unless authorities deem it necessary and I don’t believe quitting a team in dramatic fashion falls into that category. AB has to want the help and if he doesn’t want the help, than there is very little the PA, friends and family can do to help him.

I don’t like the narrative being pushed on Twitterverse that the NFL and Bucs need to step in or that they haven’t already been trying to step in. Think of the Joe Murphy situation and how many people like the NHLPA and friends have tried to help Murphy but he just doesn’t want their help and continues to live in the woods and streets? The same goes for AB.

Reactions: Tarantula

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
AB doesn’t deserve benefit of the doubt from anyone. I think he’s lying about the injury to justify what he did.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
I don't care what anyone says, this is 100% Tom Brady's fault. He should be held accountable.
Accountable for what? He took a flyer on a nut job and it paid off with another ring and and seemingly worked for almost two full seasons.. Something was bound to happen , just a question of when.
( f*** I just defended Tom freaking Brady)

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
Does Brady just lie for the sake of lying?

There's zero chance that he didn't realize that happened until after the game. He must really think fans are morons.
This ^^ I’d give you a like but I am on double secret probation :laugh:

The more behind the scenes stories I hear how Brady behaves like tossing a checkerboard across the locker room because he lost and his consistent support of shady characters only reinforces my belief that Steve Grogan is my hero Patriot QB. Maybe Brady is as shady as the people he seems to befriend.

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
Accountable for what? He took a flyer on a nut job and it paid off with another ring and and seemingly worked for almost two full seasons.. Something was bound to happen , just a question of when.
( f*** I just defended Tom freaking Brady)
Agreed, Brady is not accountable but at the same time because Brady has shitty morals, he did AB no favors. Brady can be faulted and blamed for not having another human being’s best interest in mind. Brady just uses people to win children’s games and there is something very wrong about that.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Agreed, Brady is not accountable but at the same time because Brady has shitty morals, he did AB no favors. Brady can be faulted and blamed for not having another human being’s best interest in mind. Brady just uses people to win children’s games and there is something very wrong about that.
Hard to say about favors.
Look where AB was before Tampa, sexual assault, throwing rocks at moving vand and assaulting the driver ,throwing bags of dicks at COPS..
So itcould be looked like keeping this quack in line for two years MIGHT have prevented someone's death,rape ,jail time...we don't know ?
That snowball was rolling down hill and gaining speed before Tampa.

Last edited:

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
Hard to say about favors.
Look where AB was before Tampa, sexual assault, throwing rocks at moving vand and assaulting the driver ,throwing bags of ducks at COPS..
So itcould be looked like keeping this quack in line for two years MIGHT have prevented someone's death,rape ,jail time...we don't know ?
That snowball was rolling down hill and gaining speed before Tampa.

That’s the thing, what Tony Dungy tried to say over 2 years ago was true then and it’s true again. AB didn’t/doesn’t need a football field, he needed/needs a treatment center. Instead Brady pushed the Pats and Bucs into signing AB and that outright enabled AB to continue on with life like nothing was wrong. Even after what AB did in NE with the rape accusations and witness harassment, Brady still advocated for AB to play football instead of getting help.

Trust me, Brady didn’t do AB any favors. The furtherest place AB should have been was a NFL locker room. Go listen to the Sherman/Brown podcast and tell me that AB should be surrounded by those people? But that where AB was, surrounded by enablers and people who did him no favors.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
That’s the thing, what Tony Dungy tried to say over 2 years ago was true then and it’s true again. AB didn’t/doesn’t need a football field, he needed/needs a treatment center. Instead Brady pushed the Pats and Bucs into signing AB and that outright enabled AB to continue on with life like nothing was wrong. Even after what AB did in NE with the rape accusations and witness harassment, Brady still advocated for AB to play football instead of getting help.

Trust me, Brady didn’t do AB any favors. The furtherest place AB should have been was a NFL locker room. Go listen to the Sherman/Brown podcast and tell me that AB should be surrounded by those people? But that where AB was, surrounded by enablers and people who did him no favors.
I don't disagree , however idel hands and workshops ect..
We both know AB wasn't lining up at book stores looking for self help reading ,of calling local counselors and its doubtful he will any time soon.
Brady job isn't to put guys heads on straight it's to win football games..period.
So again favors personally? Probably not but AB wasn't on TMZ for two years and most likely put the enviable on hold.Plus MAYBE some levelheadedness rubbed off on AB,but doubtful.
I really want to bash Brady for this but I just cant.

member 51464

I don't follow the NFL nearly as closely as I used to. Does Tampa still win the SB last year without AB? I guess also consider if he might have signed with a rival they'd have played in the playoffs.

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
I don't disagree , however idel hands and workshops ect..
We both know AB wasn't lining up at book stores looking for self help reading ,of calling local counselors and its doubtful he will any time soon.
Brady job isn't to put guys heads on straight it's to win football games..period.
So again favors personally? Probably not but AB wasn't on TMZ for two years and most likely put the enviable on hold.Plus MAYBE some levelheadedness rubbed off on AB,but doubtful.
I really want to bash Brady for this but I just cant.

I hear ya but when it comes to mental illness and with someone that is far away from normal like AB was, football is not where he should have been. There’s a reason why treatment centers take you out of daily life and isolate you for 28 days or however long it takes. That’s the kind of help AB needs, not keeping his idle hands busy with a football. Nevermind I am sure Brady pushed his fake TB12 crap on him but that’s just an educated guess.

When it comes to mental illness and chemical imbalances, the cure doesn’t rub off of others and somehow that person straightens them self out through osmosis. It’s takes clinical doctors, therapy and medication. AB has something seriously wrong that drinking 15 gallons of water a day, avocado ice cream or catching footballs can not solve.

You’re right, Brady’s job is to win football games but it shouldn’t be at the cost of someone’s welfare and that’s exactly the kind of low life Brady is, he uses people to win at any cost. It’s shameful if you ask me. No f***ing morals at all, just win! Brady did it with AB and he did it with Gronk, Sherman and tried to get Edelman to keep playing on a shattered knee. The guy doesn’t give a shit about other people’s welfare.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad