NBA Anthony Davis requests trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
So where does everyone think AD is after next season? Curious what people think.

Dealt to Boston and stays?
Rental next year and to the Lakers as a fa?
Knicks? Clippers?

I'm not sure what I'd pick right now to be honest. If you gave me Lakers vs the field I'd take the field. But if you made me take one team I'd probably say the Lakers still.
I think he will sign with the Lakers provided we don’t use all our cap up before then. Don’t see us attempting a trade again.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Just realized today that Rozier is a free agent July 1st.

So the Celtics offer wont be as good as the Lakers one, however Demps will still take it :facepalm:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I find it odd the outrage over NO not caving to demands of Lakers

Frankly the GM of NO knows the deal will still be there from Lakers in offseason and if they want to play hardball he can always send him elsewhere

So the pressure to get deal done will be on Magic not NO in offseason and if the Pelicans will have new GM it makes sense to allow him to decide future of franchise via trade then current GM

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Frankly the GM of NO knows the deal will still be there from Lakers in offseason and if they want to play hardball he can always send him elsewhere

So the pressure to get deal done will be on Magic not NO in offseason and if the Pelicans will have new GM it makes sense to allow him to decide future of franchise via trade then current GM

Their new GM is probably going to suck, because Loomis doesn't know much about basketball and the Bensons pretty much neglect the team.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

I think the outrage stems from the fact that there's a real possibility this offer is not on the table come the summertime, because who knows what the Lakers are going to do in free agency? There's al legitimate chance they won't need Anthony Davis after July 1st.

Nick Wright on Sirius XM put it beautifully. The San Antonio Spurs handled Kawhi Leonard so poorly, they ended up getting 60 cents on the dollar for him in terms of trade value. The Lakers, right now, are offer $1.15 on the dollar for AD, and the Pelicans still said no. I'm just not sure they're going to get this same value for him in the offseason.

That, and the utter **** show that's going to occur for the rest of the Pelicans' home games.

Reactions: The Night King

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I think the outrage stems from the fact that there's a real possibility this offer is not on the table come the summertime, because who knows what the Lakers are going to do in free agency? There's al legitimate chance they won't need Anthony Davis after July 1st.

Nick Wright on Sirius XM put it beautifully. The San Antonio Spurs handled Kawhi Leonard so poorly, they ended up getting 60 cents on the dollar for him in terms of trade value. The Lakers, right now, are offer $1.15 on the dollar for AD, and the Pelicans still said no. I'm just not sure they're going to get this same value for him in the offseason.

That, and the utter **** show that's going to occur for the rest of the Pelicans' home games.

it all comes down to kyrie

if he leaves then boston has no reason to trade for him. either the pels deal him to LA for a lesser offer or some random team will come in and acquire him much like when OKC acquired PG

and honestly, i'd say the spurs did pretty well with the kawhi trade. trading superstars never brings back an equal return but SA managed to acquire derozan who's pretty damn good

Reactions: Voight

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Spurs were at least able to get a "replacement" who can help fill the gap offensively while also getting a project C who Pop will end up turning into a 15 & 10 player because he's a magician.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL

It's mostly from Lakers fans on here no?

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL

Strong disagree with that.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

If you have 30 seconds, check out this thread of Bill Simmons imploding because Davis doesn’t want to play for the Celtics :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Would love to see what he’d say if Davis didn’t want to be a Laker and was determined on being a Celtic. :facepalm:

Reactions: The Night King

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
lakers should have offered everything NO wanted. kuzma, ball, BI, zubac, rondo, beasley, and 8 picks just to see if they were actually negotiating in good faith

and if they had taken the deal jeanie or magic could have come in and said nevermind because basketball reasons

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Go back in time and look up all of the trades for superstars of Davis' caliber, and then tell me if you still disagree.
Thats my point. You don't get a dollar for a dollar to use the analogy. You get like .75 on the dollar historically, often a lot worse than that.

If you want to say the Lakers were giving on par with what other super star trades have gotten, that's one thing. But they weren't giving up more than what they where getting in AD which is what 1.15 on the dollar means, or at least that's how I'm looking at it. If that trade goes down, the Lakers weren't going to look back 3 years from now and say, they gave up too much, baring an AD serious injury.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Thats my point. You don't get a dollar for a dollar to use the analogy. You get like .75 on the dollar historically, often a lot worse than that.

If you want to say the Lakers were giving on par with what other super star trades have gotten, that's one thing. But they weren't giving up more than what they where getting in AD which is what 1.15 on the dollar means, or at least that's how I'm looking at it. If that trade goes down, the Lakers weren't going to look back 3 years from now and say, they gave up too much, baring an AD serious injury.
That's not what I'm saying. I'm talking about from a superstar getting traded, in history, the Lakers there are giving up $1.15 on the dollar compared to what has been given up in the past and New Orleans still said no.

I 100% do not believe that same offer will be on the table for the Pelicans on July 1st, nor do I believe for one second that Danny Ainge is going to include Tatum in any deal.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
That's not what I'm saying. I'm talking about from a superstar getting traded, in history, the Lakers there are giving up $1.15 on the dollar compared to what has been given up in the past and New Orleans still said no.

I 100% do not believe that same offer will be on the table for the Pelicans on July 1st, nor do I believe for one second that Danny Ainge is going to include Tatum in any deal.
Fair enough.

I think the Pels can get that offer or very close to from the Lakers. Don't think it's all that much of a risk (aside from injury) from the Pels perspective.

Tatum I'm less sure of.

Last edited:

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
One of the advantages to dealing him at the deadline is it likely would've resulted in a higher pick this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia