NBA Anthony Davis requests trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
According to Woj, Celtics can’t trade for him this year with Kyrie’s current contract (unless he was included) - need to wait until Kyrie signs a new deal in the offseason to acquire Davis’ contract.

I’ll bet he’s Laker bound. Hopefully they can package Ingram and somehow retain Kuzma and Ball.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
According to Woj, Celtics can’t trade for him this year with Kyrie’s current contract (unless he was included) - need to wait until Kyrie signs a new deal in the offseason to acquire Davis’ contract.

I’ll bet he’s Laker bound. Hopefully they can package Ingram and somehow retain Kuzma and Ball.
Why would N.O. want any of the Lakers prospects?

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia

Wave bye-bye Kyrie!

515_ysnpip.jpg

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Why would N.O. want any of the Lakers prospects?
I think they’ll take the best deal possible. They don’t wanna trade him but you’ve gotta think the Lakers might be willing to give up anyone not named LeBron to get it done because they’ll have a good chance to retain him.

Reactions: Voight

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I'll just copy and paste what I wrote in the Jimmy Butler requests a trade thread:

I'm so tired of these players and their "I've got to get mine" attitude

I really don't know how anybody can be a fan of this league

Reactions: hockey20000

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
I'll just copy and paste what I wrote in the Jimmy Butler requests a trade thread:

I'm so tired of these players and their "I've got to get mine" attitude

I really don't know how anybody can be a fan of this league
As a fan of the league, I support any transaction that puts Anthony Davis on a relevant team. He’s a top player in the league and it hurt watching him wasting away on the Pelicans.

While you may not agree, would you blame McDavid for wanting out of Edmonton? It’s a very similar situation with Davis in that he’s a face of the league on a terrible team that’s been almost nothing but terrible since he arrived. Careers are short. I understand the impatience.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
This is entirely on the Pelicans. They were gifted a super elite talent 7 years ago and failed to build around him. Yes the Boogie injury kinda f'd things up but still.

Bensons only care about the Saints, this why the Pelicans will never succeed.

Lakers are the most likely IMO starting w/ the fact that LeBrons best friend is Davis' agent and AD wants to build his brand.

BOS obviously has the assets but its gonna be tough to fir him Kyrie and one of Horford/Hayward, plus pay Tatum soon providing he isnt in the trade. However if the C's dont want to move Tatum, itll be very hard to make a deal.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
good for him

why stay on a team that has failed to build a successful team around you for almost 7 years now? this is what KG should have done years before the wolves dealt him to boston but instead he wasted half his career on a cellar dwellar. glad davis won't be going down that road

still think boston has the best shot at acquiring him

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
This is entirely on the Pelicans. They were gifted a super elite talent 7 years ago and failed to build around him. Yes the Boogie injury kinda f'd things up but still.

Lakers are the most likely IMO starting w/ the fact that LeBrons best friend is Davis' agent and AD wants to build his brand.

BOS obviously has the assets but its gonna be tough to fir him Kyrie and one of Horford/Hayward, plus pay Tatum soon providing he isnt in the trade. However if the C's dont want to move Tatum, itll be very hard to make a deal.

Boston can't trade for AD unless Kyrie is traded, because of the Rose rule.

Why the 'Rose Rule' prevents the Celtics from trading for Anthony Davis now

The Night King

Mar 25, 2014
California
Even if Boston decides to include Kyrie, do the Pelicans do it? Would Kyrie re-sign with New Orleans?

You know the Pelicans will consider all options before trading him to the Lakers. No one wants to help us.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn

I don’t know how much longer Pelicans will stay in New Orleans.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Sucks for the Pelicans and their fans but we all knew this was coming eventually. This is clearly being made public now to force a trade to the Lakers. None of those young Lakers players have impressed all that much though and a guy like Ingram has probably had his value decrease so it'll be interesting to see what kind of package they could put together. The smart play is to wait until the summer when more teams can get involved rather than being pressured into something now.

He likely won't re-sign there but I'd love to see a team like the Nuggets get involved. 1.5 years of Davis, with Durant possibly not being on the Warriors next year, might be worth giving up some of the future. You'd still come out of it with Jokic on a team too so it wouldn't be all bad if Davis walked.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I know that they aren't really in the hunt but if Lakers are unwilling to offer much right now, Clippers could offer a lot right now.

Something around Robinson (lottery pick last year), Thornwell (actually playing really well and young), Delgado (C that is playing really well in G-League) and as many draft picks as it takes. They would have to send back some salary (Gortat and a little bit more would work).

DictatorTots427

Apr 8, 2018
If you put Embiid or Giannis with Holiday, Randle, Mirotic and lots of shooters, they would be better than 13th. I think it would be a mistake to give up a lot for AD. Hes overrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad