NBA Anthony Davis requests trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I'm talking about the Celtics adding in AD and risking losing Kyrie.

I don't see why they'd lose Kyrie. They can't trade for him now but in the offseason they can. Kyrie gets his extension and they add AD.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013

lols of course

its so obvious NO wants to keep AD from LA because 1. no one wants to help the lakers out 2. demps and ferry are popovich loyalists 3. they see tatum as the second coming of christ and 4. because the rams beat the saints

oh and its only tampering if the lakers are involved

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
What is it with free agents suddenly wanting to play for the Knicks?

they've always been a top destination because its NY but more so now because of their ability to sign 2 max FA's this offseason

not to mention they'll have a shot at also getting the #1 overall pick

Reactions: Voight

The Burdened

May 1, 2017

I don't even hate the Lakers, but this is hilarious

Torpedoed their season and has probably done irreparable damage to some of their young players psyche in regards to playing for the Lakers.

Is year 1 of LeBron in LA as big of a disaster as the year they got Dwight & Nash?

Last edited:

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Does Davis leave money on the table by signing as a UFA instead of resigning wherever he gets dealt?

I might be wrong, but I would think he'd make up the difference through endorsement deals since he'd be much more marketable if he were wearing the purple and gold

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
lols of course

its so obvious NO wants to keep AD from LA because 1. no one wants to help the lakers out 2. demps and ferry are popovich loyalists 3. they see tatum as the second coming of christ and 4. because the rams beat the saints

oh and its only tampering if the lakers are involved
Where exactly did Pelicans tamper?

Reactions: b1e9a8r5s

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I don't even hate the Lakers, but this is hilarious

Torpedoed their season and has probably done irreparable damage to some of their young players psyche in regards to playing for the Lakers.

Is year 1 of LeBron in LA as big of a disaster as the year they got Dwight & Nash?

yup. hopefully once the deadline passes it'll get better (assuming AD isn't a laker tomorrow) but i can't even imagine how hard its weighing on them. i mean, lamar odom was mentally scarred after the failed cp3 trade

and no, not even close. the 2013 lakers were expected to contend for a title with kobe-dwight-nash but obviouisly we all know how that went with nash and kobe getting hurt and dwight still messed up from back surgery. this team right now is basically just lebron+rondo and a bunch of young players

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I might be wrong, but I would think he'd make up the difference through endorsement deals since he'd be much more marketable if he were wearing the purple and gold
That's probably true. But he would have to leave money on the table by not signing with whoever trades for him? In terms of the actual contract?

Last edited:

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Pels are clearly more interested in taking a lesser deal with the Celtics than granting Davis' request and sending him to LA.

Its obviously payback for the "tampering" they say the Lakers did.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I don't see why they'd lose Kyrie. They can't trade for him now but in the offseason they can. Kyrie gets his extension and they add AD.
You don't see why they'd lose Kyrie? It's been a hot take for months now. Its not farfetched to think Kyrie wants to play in New York or what not.

Reactions: Terry Yake

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
You don't see why they'd lose Kyrie? It's been a hot take for months now. Its not farfetched to think Kyrie wants to play in New York or what not.

Kyrie is going to back crying to Lebron after failing to be the guy. That would be unbelievably funny.

Lakers will then trade for AD in July for LESS then what they have offered now. Lebron will have his super team.

That's more probable then Kyrie AND KD going to the Knicks. Still far fetched, but more probably.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Kyrie is going to back crying to Lebron after failing to be the guy. That would be unbelievably funny.

Lakers will then trade for AD in July for LESS then what they have offered now. Lebron will have his super team.

That's more probable then Kyrie AND KD going to the Knicks. Still far fetched, but more probably.
Is it more probable than Kyrie reaching free agency and signing with any other team thats not the Celtics?

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I think it is pretty obvious at this point that Kyrie won't re-sign in Boston.

I see a sign and trade being more likely than him staying in Beantown.
which is why i was asking the people that were advocating a trade of Tatum for AD when AD specifically said he wont sign there especially since Kyrie is not likely to sign either.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013

that would be absolutely hilarious and the best case scenario for the lakers

i still think kyrie will end up in NY or with the clips but the part about AD getting dealt to the lakers for less than what they offered because demps/ferry were actually stupid enough to trust ainge would be the funniest **** ever

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
too much incompetence to handle. and this basically confirms what everyone already knew. that benson/loomis are just keeping AD from LA because the saints lost

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
That's probably true. But he would have to leave money on the table by not signing with whoever trades for him? In terms of the actual contract?
The NBA has a lot of ins and out with how they handle contracts, it's very much accomplishments=more bonuses/incentives. But basically because AD was drafted by the Pels and has made those accomplishments he is eligible for a super max contract by them only. It would make him the highest paid player in the league, and other teams couldn't offer as much.
The Anthony Davis Sweepstakes Will Define the NBA
How the NBA supermax contract basically ended the individual max
HoopsHype explains: How do maximum contracts work?

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
too much incompetence to handle. and this basically confirms what everyone already knew. that benson/loomis are just keeping AD from LA because the saints lost

& that they dont give 2 shiets about the team, papa Benson bought them to help out the NBA and have a sports monopoly in the city. Its always been clear they only care about the cash cow - the Saints. I wonder if Tom Benson ever even met AD when he was alive.

Read a good article a few weeks ago on how they use the Saints doctors for the same role on the Pelicans which is why so many players are misdiagnosed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad