NBA Anthony Davis requests trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Bill Simmons is doing all he can to rip on other teams/cities in an effort to help land Davis in Boston and it's hilarious.

I enjoy Simmons' articles and have been a long time fan, but man does he whine like a baby and get super salty when his teams do bad/things don't go his/the teams way.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I could see the Knicks trading for Davis, and then signing both Durant and Irving

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
I refuse to believe that anyone wants to play for James Dolan. This is just more bull**** by the media to try and keep the Knicks relevant.

What's BS is your statement. The Knicks are a more desired location then someplace like New Orleans or Charlotte. Wouldn't be surprised if Kemba Walker left as a free agent and that team was signing third rate players. Zion Williamson seemed like he preferred the Knicks and it's pretty clear that RJ Barrett would love NYC.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
What's BS is your statement. The Knicks are a more desired location then someplace like New Orleans or Charlotte. Wouldn't be surprised if Kemba Walker left as a free agent and that team was signing third rate players. Zion Williamson seemed like he preferred the Knicks and it's pretty clear that RJ Barrett would love NYC.
Who have the Knicks managed to lure to NYC since 1999? Carmelo Anthony and Amare Stoudamire?

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I could see the Knicks trading for Davis, and then signing both Durant and Irving

Unless everyone takes a huge discount it wouldnt work. I don't see anyone wanting to play for Dolan while making 1/3 less than they'd make anywhere else.

I refuse to believe that anyone wants to play for James Dolan. This is just more bull**** by the media to try and keep the Knicks relevant.

The classic Dolan leak. He's been doing this for years to keep his fans happy & stir the pot.

Who have the Knicks managed to lure to NYC since 1999? Carmelo Anthony and Amare Stoudamire?

Melo only wanted to go there because he grew up there & his wife lived there, Stoudemire they got because nobody else was willing to pay him what they did. So really nobody 7 they still had to trade for Anthony.

Reactions: HisIceness

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Unless everyone takes a huge discount it wouldnt work. I don't see anyone wanting to play for Dolan while making 1/3 less than they'd make anywhere else.

in theory it could work (from CBA perspective) but they'd need to renounce their FAs, decline team options, sign kyrie and durant first, and then trade everything they have left for AD. of course they'd have nothing else on their team after that but they could get them all and offer all of them the same money as everyone else, except what Warriors can offer for KD, Cs for kyrie and pels for AD.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
in theory it could work (from CBA perspective) but they'd need to renounce their FAs, decline team options, sign kyrie and durant first, and then trade everything they have left for AD. of course they'd have nothing else on their team after that but they could get them all and offer all of them the same money as everyone else, except what Warriors can offer for KD, Cs for kyrie and pels for AD.

Miami's main problem in the second half of the Bron era was the lack of depth. When teams rid their team of everyone to sign stars, it doesnt always work out. Knicks (funny enough) being a good example.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Miami's main problem in the second half of the Bron era was the lack of depth. When teams rid their team of everyone to sign stars, it doesnt always work out. Knicks (funny enough) being a good example.

i think at least big problem was wade's radical decline from top 5 player in the league to maybe top 20 player. but yes, depth would probably be a big issue even though they'd attract ring chasers and on paper that's pretty awesome top 3 that can cover a lot of flaws. and i certainly don't believe it will happen. they'd be lucky to get one of those guys. i'll believe it when i see it.

Reactions: Voight

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Kyrie, AD and KD together all healthy in the primes of their career would steamroll their way to a championship.

Outside of LeBron, Miami’s “big 3” was nowhere near as good.

Miami missed the playoffs when LeBron left, like the poster above mentioned Mismi’s biggest issue was Wade’s decline due to injury.

The NBA is a completely star driven league, there’s just no precedence of a team of 3 players that dominant in their primes not having success.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Kyrie, AD and KD together all healthy in the primes of their career would steamroll their way to a championship.

Outside of LeBron, Miami’s “big 3” was nowhere near as good.

Miami missed the playoffs when LeBron left, like the poster above mentioned Mismi’s biggest issue was Wade’s decline due to injury.

The NBA is a completely star driven league, there’s just no precedence of a team of 3 players that dominant in their primes not having success.

Thats debatable.

LeBron is obviously better than KD but Durant is a better scorer.

Wade was clearly better than Kyrie is now, especially those first 3 seasons.

Davis is superior to Bosh but theres also the injury risk with him.

Reactions: Cassano

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Ya people are forgetting DWade was easily top 5 in the league. That 2010 Heat team is like if KD, Harden and Jokic joined forces to make a super team.

Reactions: Wrigley and Voight

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Thats debatable.

LeBron is obviously better than KD but Durant is a better scorer.

Wade was clearly better than Kyrie is now, especially those first 3 seasons.

Davis is superior to Bosh but theres also the injury risk with him.
Sure you’re not wrong, but we were clearly discussing the latter half of the “big 3” era.

LeBron is obviously better than Durant

But absloutely give me Kyrie and Davis in their primes over Wade and Bosh in 2013 and 2014.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Ya people are forgetting DWade was easily top 5 in the league. That 2010 Heat team is like if KD, Harden and Jokic joined forces to make a super team.
You’re not understanding the post I quoted correctly.

Wade in 2013/2014 was nowhere near an MVP caliber player.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
You’re not understanding the post I quoted correctly.

Wade in 2013/2014 was nowhere near an MVP caliber player.
still they underperformed. Easily had the most talented rosters on paper, but lost to inferior teams with better (non LBJ) coaching.

Reactions: Voight

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
still they underperformed. Easily had the most talented rosters on paper, but lost to inferior teams with better (non LBJ) coaching.
2011 they underperformed.

Wade declined and they weren’t overwhelming favorites in the league.

In 2013 LeBron essentially carried that team to a chip, Wade averaged ~15 points in the playoffs that year.

Also I don’t think Knick’s fans would really consider 4 straight finals appearances and 2 chips a disappointment if they ever assembled a team that powerful.

Reactions: Morozov

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

In 2013 LeBron essentially carried that team to a chip, Wade averaged ~15 points in the playoffs that year.

Also I don’t think Knick’s fans would really consider 4 straight finals appearances and 2 chips a disappointment if they ever assembled a team that powerful.
Agreed, 2011 is the biggest meltdown by a star player in NBA history IMO.

As for 2014, they still were favorites going into the season, had a better roster on paper and still lost to a better coached Spurs team. I think if LeBron was coached by Pop, he would've wanted him fired at one point. For some reason, he likes his scrub head coaches and plays the GM role too often.

Looking at the time of the signing, only 2 championships with the #1, #3 and #7-10 players in the world in 4 seasons is indeed a huge disappointment.

Reactions: Wrigley and Voight

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Agreed, 2011 is the biggest meltdown by a star player in NBA history IMO.

As for 2014, they still were favorites going into the season, had a better roster on paper and still lost to a better coached Spurs team. I think if LeBron was coached by Pop, he would've wanted him fired at one point. For some reason, he likes his scrub head coaches and plays the GM role too often.

Looking at the time of the signing, only 2 championships with the #1, #3 and #7-10 players in the world in 4 seasons is indeed a huge disappointment.

Again we’re debating something that I don’t necessarily disagree with.

I’m just here discussing the latter half of the big 3 era. Wade was not a top 15 player at that point. That team didn’t make the playoffs without LeBron.

The biggest downfall of that team was Wade’s health.

LeBron was at the peak of his career: After the 2011 series against the Mavs he only lost from 2012-2016 to a Spurs team that had the best shooting % in finals history and the Warriors in 2015 without a crew, where he wins if Kyrie and Love play.

He was the clear driver of that team.

Reactions: Cassano

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
spacing and fit was a big issue with the heat big 3. not so muvh with KD, AD and kyrie, though their skilsets aren't a perfect match. lacks an elite playmaker. kyrie might not be a big fan of becoming #3 option.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Wade average only 15 because LeBron went full ball-hog mode that year and didn't want to share (it worked so its irrelevant now) as for that year in general... Wade still made the All NBA 3rd team so he was very much relevant.

& in 2011 it was LeBron who played like crap averaging 17 PPG in the finals whereas Wade average 26, by 2013 it had become Brons team and Wade was relegated to #2 instead of 1B.

spacing and fit was a big issue with the heat big 3. not so muvh with KD, AD and kyrie, though their skilsets aren't a perfect match. lacks an elite playmaker. kyrie might not be a big fan of becoming #3 option.

Kyrie is the big one here. He clearly wants to the "the guy" or at least a strong #2, even tho it failed spectacularly in Boston. I don't think he has any desire to be 3rd in the pecking order. Especially with his volatile personality.

Its the Knicks tho so they'll probably end up with Cousins & Malcom Brogdon.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Please don’t spew information when you don’t have your facts straight.

LeBron went full ball hog mode in 2013? Yeah that’s not true at all he attempted almost 3 shots per game more in the 2011/2012 playoffs than he did in the 2012/2013 playoffs, so you’re wrong.

D Wade had one of the worst playoff runs for a 2nd option in the past decade for a team that won the chip. 15 points on 46% shooting%

LeBron absolutely carried that team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad