Player Discussion: Anthony Beauvillier

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
love to see beau’s progression … winning battles along the boards and in the corners , seemed like just last year he would fall and be beaten every time … this is a great time to be a fan on the NYI

He has gotten a lot stronger on his skates, it's a big step in the right direction for him. He is still so streaky and inconsistent, but he gives us another Barzal type weapon with his speed when he's on. I love that his game seems to elevate in the playoffs and against the Rags. I'm hard on the kid when he's slumping, but very glad to have him. I just keep thinking of Benoit Hogue 2.0.

Great time to be an Isles fan for sure!

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
Get this guy of the ice. He needs to sit for a long time. He’s costing this team points every time he plays. Anyone at this point is better.

big goal. Perfect post timing!

Last edited:

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Seems like prove it time is now for Beau. If Wahlstrom plays his way onto the second line it seems like it will actually be Parise taking his spot and Beau moving up to play with Barzy and Palmieri. New system, playing with the best player on the team with a couple of pretty good players sitting out. He has to be able to produce in this situation or it might be time for a scenery change

Reactions: leeroggy

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Seems like prove it time is now for Beau. If Wahlstrom plays his way onto the second line it seems like it will actually be Parise taking his spot and Beau moving up to play with Barzy and Palmieri. New system, playing with the best player on the team with a couple of pretty good players sitting out. He has to be able to produce in this situation or it might be time for a scenery change
I don't see Wahlstrom leaving Pageau's wing any time soon. The coaching staff seems to be happy with Beauvillier despite the faithful here thinking he's junk aside from the odd shift now and then.

If I was the GM of the New York Islanders (which I'm not but should be), I'd be looking to move Beauvillier + for an upgrade at wing or Beauvillier + + for Kane at the deadline. A guy like Garland was just recently scratched and VAN has gotten off to a slow start, could be a good change of scenery.

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
I don't see Wahlstrom leaving Pageau's wing any time soon. The coaching staff seems to be happy with Beauvillier despite the faithful here thinking he's junk aside from the odd shift now and then.

If I was the GM of the New York Islanders (which I'm not but should be), I'd be looking to move Beauvillier + for an upgrade at wing or Beauvillier + + for Kane at the deadline. A guy like Garland was just recently scratched and VAN has gotten off to a slow start, could be a good change of scenery.
Thinking the same thing. Garland for Ab plus should at least be talked about.

Reactions: Foppberg

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Looks like Beau bashers are taking up some of the anti-Bailey oxygen in the room.

Don’t ever change, Isles’ fans.

Before I get bashed, let me just say he’s been a disappointment so I get it. Just an observation really.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Looks like Beau bashers are taking up some of the anti-Bailey oxygen in the room.

Don’t ever change, Isles’ fans.

Before I get bashed, let me just say he’s been a disappointment so I get it. Just an observation really.
The difference is Bailey has been getting like the 10th most ice time on the team while Beauvillier is getting top six minutes.

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY

Garland getting scratched?? What happened??

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany

Not looking to diss on you here, but it seems like Wahlstrom was on that Nelson line like six hours after this post.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Not looking to diss on you here, but it seems like Wahlstrom was on that Nelson line like six hours after this post.
My fault. If Wahlstrom is indeed moved up, that’s good news that Lambert is willing to reward production even if it means he’s okay with accepting Wahlstrom’s growing pains in the NZ and DZ.

Reactions: Mike C

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
My fault. If Wahlstrom is indeed moved up, that’s good news that Lambert is willing to reward production even if it means he’s okay with accepting Wahlstrom’s growing pains in the NZ and DZ.
Learning from mistakes is paramount in growing.

In fairness to Barry, he was up against the 8 ball trying to scramble for the playoffs with a crappy hand

I think with Wally's offensive potential and ability to hit and finish checks, it is wise to let him play and mentor him as he goes. That seems to be very much in Lambert's coaching DNA and very much not in Barry's

TheWhiteWhale30

Dec 3, 2007
I would like to see a trade for Kane, Tarasenko or Pasta at some point this season if they are willing to sign an extension. Only one likely will be Kane as the other 2 teams should be in contention.

Skidrow11

Jul 16, 2022
The nyvpost article today talks about how isles are gonna lose most of their next handful of games due to speed issues. I thought this team was so good roster changes were impossible. How can it be a great team yet can't beat Florida opening night because "on paper we don't comprare"..this is Florida not Tampa. My goodness. BEAUVILLIER and his salary is killing this team more than anyone. ANDREW Ladd was better

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
The nyvpost article today talks about how isles are gonna lose most of their next handful of games due to speed issues. I thought this team was so good roster changes were impossible. How can it be a great team yet can't beat Florida opening night because "on paper we don't comprare"..this is Florida not Tampa. My goodness. BEAUVILLIER and his salary is killing this team more than anyone. ANDREW Ladd was better

Florida won the presidents trophy last year...

Reactions: Glorydays22 and JKP

Skidrow11

Jul 16, 2022
Florida won the presidents trophy last year...
Some trophy lol I dont think Lou tries to win presidents trophy. He tries to win playoff rounds. That's like the Mets infielder winning his batting title. Singles hitter. Not impressed.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Some trophy lol I dont think Lou tries to win presidents trophy. He tries to win playoff rounds. That's like the Mets infielder winning his batting title. Singles hitter. Not impressed.

This is dumb.

You implied they weren't a good team and are now going to move the goalposts to say they aren't as good as cup winners. Sure, whatever, but in the regular season (which, last I checked, that game was), the Panthers were the best team in the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad