Player Discussion: Anthony Beauvillier

JKP

Sep 19, 2004
Halifax, NS
At age 22, Romanov may well become the Chara like presence you're looking for.
This is a great point. The kid is still a kid and has upside to continue to develop. We need to bring Chara in to coach him up! (As a coach, not a player.)

• Love
Reactions: Mike C

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
This is a great point. The kid is still a kid and has upside to continue to develop. We need to bring Chara in to coach him up! (As a coach, not a player.)
Big Z just has to leave out his penalty taking expertise. Besides, Romanov has Pelech for that!

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
I get giddy thinking of all the up-n-coming shiny pieces Montreal would prolly be willing to part with for Beauvillier.
Maybe a 1st round pick?

Beau might thrive elsewhere. Sometimes a change of scenery is good both ways. He seems like a nice guy and a likeable teammate. I'd root for him if he got dealt but he isn't flourishing here. Maybe it IS time to put him with Barzal and see what happens

Reactions: Glorydays22

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
I get giddy thinking of all the up-n-coming shiny pieces Montreal would prolly be willing to part with for Beauvillier.
Just ask for Xhekaj for 2 reason:
1. So we can hear Butch attempt to pronounce it
2. To make Rangers fans cry more when they’re players get injured from clean hits (Martin on Trouba 2.0)

Reactions: Mike C

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Hard to know if you're serious with this comment. Just what the Habs need, another French Canadian left winger who has never lived up to his promise.

Jonathan Drouin. Part Deux.
I'll take the 2023 2nd and Filip Mesar from the Canadians and call it a day. Holmstrom gets a shot.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Just ask for Xhekaj for 2 reason:
1. So we can hear Butch attempt to pronounce it
2. To make Rangers fans cry more when they’re players get injured from clean hits (Martin on Trouba 2.0)
I know I'm in the minority here, but I'd take Trouba on the NYI in a minute

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
I know I'm in the minority here, but I'd take Trouba on the NYI in a minute
So he doesn’t try to elbow anyone in the head? I’d pass on that. Romanov and Mayfield both play physical enough and costs less combined. Plus Trouba at best is a middle pairing guy who’s basically lucking out with Fox and Miller.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
So he doesn’t try to elbow anyone in the head? I’d pass on that. Romanov and Mayfield both play physical enough and costs less combined. Plus Trouba at best is a middle pairing guy who’s basically lucking out with Fox and Miller.
I feel we need someone with the "I don't give a sh*it, and what are you gonna do about it" nasty edge but that's just me

Skidrow11

Jul 16, 2022
I feel we need someone with the "I don't give a sh*it, and what are you gonna do about it" nasty edge but that's just me
Most of the problems with Beau is Lou paid him, asuming he would get much better. Most players do not get much better. Is Bailey, Martin, Barazel, or ciskas ever been constantly better than their 3rd season? The problem with paying guys 4 million who score 18 goals a year, is when they struggle in some seasons now yoirpaying guys 4 million for 15 goals.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Most of the problems with Beau is Lou paid him, asuming he would get much better. Most players do not get much better. Is Bailey, Martin, Barazel, or ciskas ever been constantly better than their 3rd season? The problem with paying guys 4 million who score 18 goals a year, is when they struggle in some seasons now yoirpaying guys 4 million for 15 goals.
Some players will improve but I agree wholeheartedly that paying players on their potential or perceived potential is foolhardy.

The Wahligator

Nov 27, 2015
Long Island
Beauvillier’s game has completely fallen off a cliff. He’s always been inconsistent but this is a new low. Time for a change of scenery.

Somehow there will still be people saying he’s poised for a breakout year next season.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Beauvillier’s game has completely fallen off a cliff. He’s always been inconsistent but this is a new low. Time for a change of scenery.

Somehow there will still be people saying he’s poised for a breakout year next season.
and point to his playoff success which is getting further and further in the rear view

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Getting outscored by Dobson and Pelech, tied for points with Pulock.

Just puts into perspective how bad he is that he's been leapfrogged by a defensemen three years younger and a two defensive defensemen.

I've been beating this drum since last season.

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
So disappointed. Kid just has not reached the level we hoped. Was a game breaker these past playoffs. Maybe he should call Keith Hernandez for the weekend.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00