Player Discussion: Anthony Beauvillier

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I still believe in the kid has the skills to be a 30 goal scorer per season but that belief is starting to wane.
If he became a consistent 25 goal man in the NHL, I would be happy with this, if his cap hit reflected his production. Right now at 2.1M he goes under the radar for criticism. But if he is making 5M which I don't see happening, he would he under the microscope. Isles can only protect 8 fwds. It will be interesting to see what Lou does, he either makes it, or is traded. I don't see the Isles not protecting him, he would be picked up by Seattle IMO.

Reactions: buud

RMimagery

Jul 22, 2006
Seeing Beau's name prominently posted for trade bait on the Athletic disturbs me. I wouldn't trade him, they'd regret it. He's streaky and a hustler.

He's one of the main reasons Isles reached the ECF and we need his speed and tenacity. Kid's a gamer.

Do Not Trade the Beau

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
I still believe the kid has the skills to be a 30 goal scorer per season but that belief is starting to wane.

He's very predictable, always goes to the net waiting for a perfect pass. Most of the time he gets the puck in an awkward position near his feet or the goalie simply moves over and stops the puck. Isles have been looking for that one or two assist play in front of the net for years and it rarely works. Wallygator is showing everybody to stop trying to create the perfect SportsCenter play and just shoot the puck.

Reactions: buud and MarsTBOW

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Seeing Beau's name prominently posted for trade bait on the Athletic disturbs me. I wouldn't trade him, they'd regret it. He's streaky and a hustler.

He's one of the main reasons Isles reached the ECF and we need his speed and tenacity. Kid's a gamer.

Do Not Trade the Beau

I also didn't like him thrown into every trade. Why would we trade him now when we saw what he's capable of. If you are going to trade him, you do it when he's playing that way. Fortunately, he seems like one of the chemistry guys on the team (and the only one that can score in a shootout) so I don't think LL will move him. I feel like my jersey is still safe....

TMI

Dec 15, 2019
He's very predictable, always goes to the net waiting for a perfect pass. Most of the time he gets the puck in an awkward position near his feet or the goalie simply moves over and stops the puck. Isles have been looking for that one or two assist play in front of the net for years and it rarely works. Wallygator is showing everybody to stop trying to create the perfect SportsCenter play and just shoot the puck.
Whiiiiiiich is fine, if you possess the kind of world class shot Wally does.. but it's a very low percentage of players that do. Not everyone is capable of, nor has absolute faith in their ability of, just ripping it wherever the opening is. Hence the hesitation and reticence to just let 'er hang, as we said back in the day.

Not saying they shouldn't shoot more, obviously they need to. Maybe Wally can give them tips?

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
I also didn't like him thrown into every trade. Why would we trade him now when we saw what he's capable of. If you are going to trade him, you do it when he's playing that way. Fortunately, he seems like one of the chemistry guys on the team (and the only one that can score in a shootout) so I don't think LL will move him. I feel like my jersey is still safe....
He’s a keeper.

Reactions: LeapOnOver

Islanders4Cups

May 4, 2002
Boston, MA USA

Let me remind everyone 18 has also shown a knack to produce in big games. He also likes to produce against the Rangers. We have a few of those coming up

Skip To My Lou

Abused Fan
May 4, 2010
Garden City, NY
I love the way Beau moves around the ice. He's always moving and can be an agitator. There's just something missing when it comes to his offense. He has the touch, but it's about getting into the right spots. He's already shown he can do it at this level with no problem, it's just the consistency. But I really have no doubt Beau can make it work.

Reactions: GrandmaSlices51631

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
I love the way Beau moves around the ice. He's always moving and can be an agitator. There's just something missing when it comes to his offense. He has the touch, but it's about getting into the right spots. He's already shown he can do it at this level with no problem, it's just the consistency. But I really have no doubt Beau can make it work.

Beau gets out muscled. He's never going to be a power forward but focusing on strength in the off-seasons will help. He would also benefit from being shiftier and using more deception. Even though he has wheels, guys will gladly let him take the scenic route on the perimeter. Easier said than done but he will adapt and improve.

Islanders4Cups

May 4, 2002
Boston, MA USA
we just have to accept that Beau is a streaky player

I am fine with the intermittent scoring droughts because he plays the game the right way even when he isnt scoring

Streaky, but also trending to be a big game/moment goal scorer.
Beauvillier is ranked tied for 25th all time in Islanders game winning goals with 15 GW goals in less than 5 seasons. Only 4 players with more GW goals have played the same or less seasons.

4 of his 5 goals this season are game winners. He leads the team.
Add 2 for 2 in shootouts.

The kid is heating up and hopefully it continues as games become bigger. Still hoping he can score 7-8 more goals this season which would be about his average for his games played per season.

You need these type of players on your team especially when you don’t score a lot of goals.

Last edited:

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Nothing necessarily wrong with players being streaky....provided its not everyone at the same time. If Tito is getting hot now - and by all accounts he is - it makes up for Lee being out, others guys being slowing down, having their own streakiness, etc. We've been pretty strong this year with Tito being slow, I'd rather look back at the whole body of work at the end of the season and see how it went. He's been here long enough and has produced to the point that I'm not going to focus on a 10-15 game universe and pass judgment there.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I think there is some chemistry with Pageau that makes me want to keep him. If this is 2/3rds of the 3rd line for years to come, and they keep playing like this. The Isles are in great shape.

Reactions: MJF

TMI

Dec 15, 2019
I’d like to take them for a spin and see what they can do with first line minutes.
I agree, their minutes should definitely be bumped up based on their results, but hard to do because of the Swiss Army Knife, JPG. He's one of the top PK'ers so unless it's a clean game with few calls, his extra icetime will mean reduced icetime for the other two.. Not to mention he is first to get plugged into the other lines as events warrant. Tough to balance..

I agree with the premise tho, with Barzy struggling and them playing so well, they are unofficially our top line ATM. Obviously, that can (and usually does) change fast..

Reactions: MJF

TommytheCat

Oct 23, 2010
Florida
love to see beau’s progression … winning battles along the boards and in the corners , seemed like just last year he would fall and be beaten every time … this is a great time to be a fan on the NYI

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad