Player Discussion: Anthony Beauvillier

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
If you don't think Barzal is significantly better now than before, I don't know what to say.
Significantly? No. Improved. Yes. He’s also benefiting from the Isles opening up the game a bit and the improvements in how the defense plays.

He has 20 assists with the same exact forwards on the ice as last year. So, ‘he needs a sniper’ continues to be a fan boogeyman. Would he possibly benefit from an accurate shooter as a line mate? Sure.

However, for every Colorado PP, you have the AZ one. For his first goal in 18 games, he follows it up with an abysmal defensive play that has nothing to do with coaching, all to do with his mindset, that wipes out the lead he just worked for only to play Laine-defense and get scored against.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Significantly? No. Improved. Yes. He’s also benefiting from the Isles opening up the game a bit and the improvements in how the defense plays.

He has 20 assists with the same exact forwards on the ice as last year. So, ‘he needs a sniper’ continues to be a fan boogeyman. Would he possibly benefit from an accurate shooter as a line mate? Sure.

However, for every Colorado PP, you have the AZ one. For his first goal in 18 games, he follows it up with an abysmal defensive play that has nothing to do with coaching, all to do with his mindset, that wipes out the lead he just worked for only to play Laine-defense and get scored against.
In fairness, Barzal hustled his ass off last night, made a few outstanding defensive plays, forechecked well and was one of the only noticeable Isles in the offensive zone

I've come to the conclusion that we're gonna just have to take the bad with the good with this guy. I'll also say, he's probably the only drawing card we have to bring asses into seats

An old work buddy of mine told me one time "sometimes you have to eat a little shit to get to the cake"

Reactions: mm11 and PWJunior

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Beau should be saved for OT and 4 on 4. Give him open ice, he's good. 5 on 5? So inconsistent.

But he scores in waves - maybe we have another one coming?

Reactions: bigtim1988 and MJF

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
i t
Beau should be saved for OT and 4 on 4. Give him open ice, he's good. 5 on 5? So inconsistent.

But he scores in waves - maybe we have another one coming?
one of life's most puzzling dilemmas. how to match optimism and positive thinking with the cold hard truth of reality

to join in the side of optimistic mindset, i might try him on the power play and see if he can contribute.

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl

I'm sorry brother, all young centers make abysmal defensive plays sometimes. Considering Barzal is cruising at a plus in his short career so far does speak volumes somewhat. Kid learned on the job at age 20. Pretty confident, a decorated NHL sniper would help push Barzal to 90-100 point range but points don't matter, only playoff wins do. ooooops

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad