Player Discussion: Anthony Beauvillier

Skidrow11

Jul 16, 2022
This is dumb.

You implied they weren't a good team and are now going to move the goalposts to say they aren't as good as cup winners. Sure, whatever, but in the regular season (which, last I checked, that game was), the Panthers were the best team in the league.
There's fans on here that said we were supposed to lose to Florida. Theres many fans who say we are Stanly cup contenders. The gm thinks we are cup contenders so much that he never removes anyone from this magnificent team. And trades his 1st rounders every chance he gets. It can't be both. You can't be losing to Florida because "they look so good on pPer" then say "isles may be fav to win a cup if tampa slips".

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
I didn't see a reason to move him away from Lee and Nelson, who basically need his yeoman wheels and simplistic game.

The idea that "he can skate with Barzal" is ultimately poppycock, because he doesn't ultimately have the hands and brains to consitently do anything with those quick feet. Skating with Barzal means Barzal suddenly has a guy to dish the puck off to on the move, but what's the point if the play just dies once Beau has the biscuit???

Now, I do understand maybe not really wanting the current version of Parise to remain on Barzal's line forever, and for wanting to, well, see what can be gotten out of Wahlstrom while playing with higher profile players.

But Beau with Barzal has done nothing for me since they were useless together for half a season in like Trotz' first or second year at the helm.

The last two games have done nothing to dissuade that impression.

Barzal's line:
Honestly, they might as well just see what Bellows can do with Matty and Palms. His best NHL hockey to date was with Barzal to conclude last season. He not only got some points, but also was in the thick of some goals where he didn't get the point, but did a get bit in making goals possible.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
There's fans on here that said we were supposed to lose to Florida. Theres many fans who say we are Stanly cup contenders. The gm thinks we are cup contenders so much that he never removes anyone from this magnificent team. And trades his 1st rounders every chance he gets. It can't be both. You can't be losing to Florida because "they look so good on pPer" then say "isles may be fav to win a cup if tampa slips".

I'm not concerned with what anyone said other than you. You essentially said that the team shouldn't have lost to Florida because they aren't good, like Tampa is, despite the fact that they were the best regular season team in the league last year. Then you went on some rant about how Beauvillier is killing this team and had the audacity to compare him to Ladd.

You also mentioned the Islanders not trading for Romanov in the GDT and rolling with Chara or Palffy, you know, that guy who didn't play defense and hasn't played in the NHL for a decade. I'm not sure what your point(s) is right now, but you're all over the place and not posting anything but mad man ramblings.

Reactions: sebsisles

The Real JT

Louie louie, oh no, me gotta go
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Back on track to the topic at hand.

I’m as disappointed as anyone with Beau’s performance this far but let’s take a breath.

He’s 25 yo with 2 years left at $4.15M AAV. He’s been nearly a 0.5 PPG player and his playoff stats ain’t half bad: 49 games, 15 G and 14 A.

You might argue that he appears to be regressing for the last year or so and I can’t argue with that.

Still, this team’s problems don’t revolve around this kid and I for one am not writing him off.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Back on track to the topic at hand.

I’m as disappointed as anyone with Beau’s performance this far but let’s take a breath.

He’s 25 yo with 2 years left at $4.15M AAV. He’s been nearly a 0.5 PPG player and his playoff stats ain’t half bad: 49 games, 15 G and 14 A.

You might argue that he appears to be regressing for the last year or so and I can’t argue with that.

Still, this team’s problems don’t revolve around this kid and I for one am not writing him off.

I think he's valuable still, he just needs to figure out a way to be more consistent. Even though he wasn't producing at the beginning of last year, he was playing the right way and hounding pucks. He needs to get back to that and have it translate into points. When he plays with confidence he's a threat, when he doesn't, he's a dud.

Skidrow11

Jul 16, 2022
I'm not concerned with what anyone said other than you. You essentially said that the team shouldn't have lost to Florida because they aren't good, like Tampa is, despite the fact that they were the best regular season team in the league last year. Then you went on some rant about how Beauvillier is killing this team and had the audacity to compare him to Ladd.

You also mentioned the Islanders not trading for Romanov in the GDT and rolling with Chara or Palffy, you know, that guy who didn't play defense and hasn't played in the NHL for a decade. I'm not sure what your point(s) is right now, but you're all over the place and not posting anything but mad man ramblings.
I said I'd rather have my 1st rounders so we can get people like Chara and palffy. Your probably the only one who wouldn't asume that meant draft the next Chara or pallfy. Is that a everyday issue you have ? I can't be the only one you have trouble understanding because I've never encountered anyone but you who can't comprehend what I write.. actually I just looked at what I wrote. It isn't even up for misunderstanding even English as a 3rd language reader couldn't interpret it another way unless they have poor reading comprehension. It may be better to not disect others posts it leaves you looking like the guardians player carrying a baby around the bases while his team's losing. " I still wish they would keep theirb1st round picks for the chance of another Chara, palffy, dobson."

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
I said I'd rather have my 1st rounders so we can get people like Chara and palffy. Your probably the only one who wouldn't asume that meant draft the next Chara or pallfy. Is that a everyday issue you have ? I can't be the only one you have trouble understanding because I've never encountered anyone but you who can't comprehend what I write.. actually I just looked at what I wrote. It isn't even up for misunderstanding even English as a 3rd language reader couldn't interpret it another way unless they have poor reading comprehension. It may be better to not disect others posts it leaves you looking like the guardians player carrying a baby around the bases while his team's losing. " I still wish they would keep theirb1st round picks for the chance of another Chara, palffy, dobson."
At age 22, Romanov may well become the Chara like presence you're looking for.

Beau’s speed is worthless because the rest of his game sucks.
Mic drop. No more needs to be said!

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.
Beau Looks like a Guy who better start learning the defensive side of the game and maybe become defensive forward cause he does not have the hands to be a top 6 guy. Watching him hit the Crest of the Jersey, the Glass or turning the puck over consistently has become Maddening to me. I really hoped he would have put it together. We cannot get by with 3rd line forwards if the Brass is serious about winning it all....

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Beau Looks like a Guy who better start learning the defensive side of the game and maybe become defensive forward cause he does not have the hands to be a top 6 guy. Watching him hit the Crest of the Jersey, the Glass or turning the puck over consistently has become Maddening to me. I really hoped he would have put it together. We cannot get by with 3rd line forwards if the Brass is serious about winning it all....
.....or winning some games

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Tampa HAS slipped and minus McDonough and Palat they are beatable. That said, there is NO way I can envision the Isles being favored to win a cup this year. I suspect Colorado and the Rangers will end up being favored.

After last season, a competitive team (Devils game hopefully a mulligan) and a shot at wild card is all I'm hoping for. Anything else would be like getting a buyback at last call.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

Yeah, you're typo riddle ranting is definitely my fault. My bad.

Ae you going to make a coherent point or just continue rambling? Conveniently not addressing anything I've asked for in either thread.

Reactions: Seph

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
Yeah, you're typo riddle ranting is definitely my fault. My bad.

Ae you going to make a coherent point or just continue rambling? Conveniently not addressing anything I've asked for in either thread.
You even missed several errors, but since he decided to insult your English skills, I don't feel as petty as I ought to about doing the below.

I said I'd rather have my 1st rounders so we can get people like Chara and Palffy. Your You're probably the only one who wouldn't asume assume that meant draft the next Chara or pallfy Palffy. Is that a an everyday issue you have ? I can't be the only one you have trouble understanding because I've never encountered anyone but you who can't comprehend what I write.. Actually, I just looked at what I wrote. It isn't even up for misunderstanding; even an English as a 3rd language reader couldn't interpret it another way unless they have poor reading comprehension. It may be better to not disect dissect other's posts; it leaves you looking like the Guardians player carrying a baby around the bases while his team's losing. " I still wish they would keep theirb1st their 1st round picks for the chance of another Chara, Palffy, or Dobson."
Corrections are in red, strikethroughs and underlines are marked for deletion. Several sentences are also phrased rather awkwardly and ought to be reworded. D-

You're really in no position to criticize anyone else's English abilities. It's not impossible to understand, but it's very difficult and easily can be misinterpreted. And if it's misinterpreted, that's on you, not the reader.

Last edited:

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
You even missed several errors, but since he decided to insult your English skills, I don't even feel as petty as I ought to about doing the below.

Corrections are in red, strikethroughs and underlines are marked for deletion. Several sentences are also phrased rather awkwardly and ought to be reworded. D-

You're really in no position to being criticize anyone else's English abilities. It's not impossible to understand, but it's very difficult and easily can be misinterpreted. And if it's misinterpreted, that's on you, not the reader.
My 14 year old kid doesn't get this much red ink!

• Haha
Reactions: Seph

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
For about the 3rd year in a row, I'm really waiting for Beauvillier to break out and so far he hasn't done it.

Until he proves otherwise, he's like a better version of Mattias Weinhandl.

Glorydays22

Nov 21, 2011
I didn't see a reason to move him away from Lee and Nelson, who basically need his yeoman wheels and simplistic game.

The idea that "he can skate with Barzal" is ultimately poppycock, because he doesn't ultimately have the hands and brains to consitently do anything with those quick feet. Skating with Barzal means Barzal suddenly has a guy to dish the puck off to on the move, but what's the point if the play just dies once Beau has the biscuit???

Now, I do understand maybe not really wanting the current version of Parise to remain on Barzal's line forever, and for wanting to, well, see what can be gotten out of Wahlstrom while playing with higher profile players.

But Beau with Barzal has done nothing for me since they were useless together for half a season in like Trotz' first or second year at the helm.

The last two games have done nothing to dissuade that impression.

Barzal's line:
Honestly, they might as well just see what Bellows can do with Matty and Palms. His best NHL hockey to date was with Barzal to conclude last season. He not only got some points, but also was in the thick of some goals where he didn't get the point, but did a get bit in making goals possible.

I don't mind having Bellows as one of Brazal's line mates and see what happens. But I guess this fan base doesn't realize yet. No one on this current roster can play or know how to play with Brazal. Again, I'm sorry I'll bring it up again. The only real time Brazal clicked with any linemates, was when Beau and Eberle played with him. They were really good. Beau should play with brazal but not for 1 game or like this last time, what a half the game and Lambert switched it up. You have to play guys at least 5-6 games to get a feel for each other again. What chemistry can Beau, Brazal and whomever (Parms, Bellows, Lee, Wally) they build if you don't give them a chance.

Bottom line, at least you know Beau has had click with brazal before, it's getting that scorer, sniper on the opposite wing. Beau will never be a sniper, but he can be an effective 2 way winger with brazal and score 18-20 goals.

Glorydays22

Nov 21, 2011
Beau’s speed is worthless because the rest of his game sucks.

Yeah I forgot, Lee, Bailey, Martin, Parms and Bailey play such a smart game. But what good is it when the are 10 feet behind the play all the time. To me this is just like Wally in a way....Confusion on what he should be.

You guys are frustrated with him. Because he's not a scorer? Not a 50pt player? What? For the past 4 years he's been playing on the 2nd line who main goal is to go into the corners and facilitate the puck to Nelson and Lee and Bailey. Before he was on the 2nd Line, Nelson didn't have the numbers he was putting up. That line and Nelson clicked when Trotz put Beau on the line full time back in the 2018-2019 season.

The islanders and fans go back and forth on what they what Beau to develop into.

We need to define exactly what you guys want Beau to do. Do you want him to be the playmaker for the 2nd line? or a scorer on Brazal's line. Or a 2-way forward on the 3rd line??

To me, he needs to play off the puck with a guy like Brazal. Not be the lead or playmaker for guys like Nelson, Lee and Parms. He won't be a true goal scorer, to me he's a good complementray winger who can use his speed and score 17-20 goals along side a player like Brazal. Don't get me wrong, you still need a true sniper on the opposite side. You can see guys like Parise, Parms, Lee, Bailey, they don't know where to go when playing with Brazal. The only true chemistry Brazal has ever had is with eberle and beau. Guys who had speed and were able to push the play along with Brazal.

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
To me, he needs to play off the puck with a guy like Brazal. Not be the lead or playmaker for guys like Nelson, Lee and Parms. He won't be a true goal scorer, to me he's a good complementray winger who can use his speed and score 17-20 goals along side a player like Brazal. Don't get me wrong, you still need a true sniper on the opposite side. You can see guys like Parise, Parms, Lee, Bailey, they don't know where to go when playing with Brazal. The only true chemistry Brazal has ever had is with eberle and beau. Guys who had speed and were able to push the play along with Brazal.
Over the previous 3 seasons, Barzal's individual point production at 5v5 has been highest with Lee on the ice at 2.52 pts/60 over 1620:01 TOI, followed by Komarov with 2.47 pts/60 over 218:21 TOI and Bailey at 3rd with 2.39 pts/60 over 778:19 TOI. Beau is 4th with 2.37 pts/60 over 278:12 TOI and Eberle is 5th with 2.32 pts/60 over 1161:42 TOI. At least statistically, it doesn't seem like Barzal produces better with Eberle or Beau than he does with Lee or Bailey. Though you would be correct on Parise being lower (2.30 pts/60 over 418:13 TOI) and Palmieri so far has been the worst (1.64 pts/60 over 255:54 TOI). According to Natural Stat Trick, at least.

Skidrow11

Jul 16, 2022
You even missed several errors, but since he decided to insult your English skills, I don't feel as petty as I ought to about doing the below.

You're really in no position to criticize anyone else's English abilities. It's not impossible to understand, but it's very difficult and easily can be misinterpreted. And if it's misinterpreted, that's on you, not the reader.
If you knew hockey as well as you can spell you'd be a interesting poster. At least I gave you sumthing tu doo

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Yeah I forgot, Lee, Bailey, Martin, Parms and Bailey play such a smart game. But what good is it when the are 10 feet behind the play all the time. To me this is just like Wally in a way....Confusion on what he should be.

You guys are frustrated with him. Because he's not a scorer? Not a 50pt player? What? For the past 4 years he's been playing on the 2nd line who main goal is to go into the corners and facilitate the puck to Nelson and Lee and Bailey. Before he was on the 2nd Line, Nelson didn't have the numbers he was putting up. That line and Nelson clicked when Trotz put Beau on the line full time back in the 2018-2019 season.

The islanders and fans go back and forth on what they what Beau to develop into.

We need to define exactly what you guys want Beau to do. Do you want him to be the playmaker for the 2nd line? or a scorer on Brazal's line. Or a 2-way forward on the 3rd line??

20 feet behind for Martin!

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC

Because his shot is wildly inaccurate. Because his Hockey IQ is still low. Because he’s in his 6th NHL season and nobody is going to wait forever for Beauvillier to become a 50 point player again.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I'd just say leave Beau on RW with Nelson and Lee for a stretch and see if they can get going what they had towards the end of last season. Speed on the wings is a need for the Isles, so unless better options exist we kinda need Beau.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
I'd just say leave Beau on RW with Nelson and Lee for a stretch and see if they can get going what they had towards the end of last season. Speed on the wings is a need for the Isles, so unless better options exist we kinda need Beau.
That's a fair point. Reminds me of what my grandmother used to say about needing a hole in the head.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad