Andrew Barroway - Coyotes majority owner.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
I had a customer come in to my store last week and tell me the Cardinals signed Kurt Warner. Not talked to him. They signed him and he was playing on Sunday. Now I knew that was bull ****. But the guy said it was a fact. He wasn't some crazy person off the street. He was just stupid. Being a goalie coach for ASU (does that position even pay or is it just volunteer?) doesn't make that guy sound any smarter to me.

I honestly find it sad that the Cardinals depend on a quarterback that isn't home grown than able to get their own. I know not every team is able to find a gem, but damn when was the last time they drafted a QB that lead them to success?

Phoenician

Jul 3, 2013
Phoenix
Oh my gosh, I was at Arcadia and heard this. It's a small world. God bless ASU's goalie coach, he's awesome; but when it comes to speculation about the Coyotes, he should just stick with Star Wars and his grenade launchers if you know what I mean.

Ha, 8:45 class I bet. Yes he is a nice guy just seems stuck on Yotes leaving :shakehead

Phoenician

Jul 3, 2013
Phoenix
I honestly find it sad that the Cardinals depend on a quarterback that isn't home grown than able to get their own. I know not every team is able to find a gem, but damn when was the last time they drafted a QB that lead them to success?

As a browns fan who has drafted I think 5 or 10 QB's I can say its not easy to draft one vs. get one. Andrew Luck is about the only standout of recent. RGIII bust, Cam Newton bust, Jamarcus Russel haha, Johnny Manhamstring, etc... etc...

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Amid all this analysis, the Coyotes could receive some clarity regarding future budgets once the sale of 51 percent of ownership to Andrew Barroway is completed. The deal is still on track and should be finalized before the end of the year, according to a team source.

That actually might be the final piece to help determine how the Coyotes construct their roster to climb out of the struggles that have swallowed them up this season.

"I don't think it has to be a complete rebuild per say," Maloney said. "But we also have to really evaluate who's part of the future."

http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...yotes-embrace-change-improve-future/20923541/

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
And why does he swear that? It's kind of frustrating that people that don't live here comment on the Coyotes moving, but people that actually do, and those that are actually involved with Arizona hockey itself comment that way also.

Yeah, isn't that the truth. I think he has taken a few too many pucks to the head, or maybe he is just plain stupid, after all it is Arizona.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

Why does every pro sports team in Arizona suck?

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Here's a little info from tonight:

@FriedgeHNIC

1) Notes from Saturday Headlines: ARIZ sale expected to close New Year's Eve, believe NHL wanted more money from it put back into team...

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Here's a little info from tonight:

@FriedgeHNIC

1) Notes from Saturday Headlines: ARIZ sale expected to close New Year's Eve, believe NHL wanted more money from it put back into team...

2 days instead of 2 weeks? I'm not going to hold my breath at this point.

Kaizen

Sep 30, 2004
Prince George B.C.
Even EF has hedged a bit. He suggests NY eve in some notes he posted but then sez NY day in a video clip. Either would work fine, lets not split hairs.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Why does every pro sports team in Arizona suck?

I wouldn't consider the Cardinal's 11-4 record going into SF today (and they're leading at the half right now) sucking.

Nor would I consider the Phoenix Mercury winning the WNBA title this year sucking.

Nor would I consider the Arizona Rattlers winning their third straight Arena Football League title sucking.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I wouldn't consider the Cardinal's 11-4 record going into SF today (and they're leading at the half right now) sucking.

Nor would I consider the Phoenix Mercury winning the WNBA title this year sucking.

Nor would I consider the Arizona Rattlers winning their third straight Arena Football League title sucking.

I meant the franchise's in general. Rattlers and Mercury, I forgot about, but they don't count.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
I meant the franchise's in general. Rattlers and Mercury, I forgot about, but they don't count.

Yeah, I'm with you here. I couldn't care less about the rattlers or the Mercury. As far as I'm concerned neither of them should be sports.

The big four all have had pretty awful franchises aside from the dbacks and the Suns in the mid 90's.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX

jacobhockey13

used to watch hockey, then joined HF Boards
Apr 17, 2014
on the bench

Sure, she probably would. But look at the attendance for their games. The game just isn't as fluid as men's basketball games.

http://www.swishappeal.com/wnba/2014/8/27/6073981/wnba-median-attendance-figures-for-2013-and-2014

7300 per game. I'd like to see what the BOH board has to say about that.

If we're using attendance figures as a barometer for the legitimacy of a team...

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Tax implications likely driving the NYE timeframe and may well be the Coyotes highlight of the year!!

BTW - everyone market that has at least 1 team in each of the 4 major sport leagues (NHL, MLB, NFL and NBA) has had at least 1 of these teams in the playoffs the previous year........except Arizona/Phoenix. Last playoff game, and one we'd like to all forget, May 22, 2012 Coyotes vs Kings. That changes Saturday.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Tax implications likely driving the NYE timeframe and may well be the Coyotes highlight of the year!!

BTW - everyone market that has at least 1 team in each of the 4 major sport leagues (NHL, MLB, NFL and NBA) has had at least 1 of these teams in the playoffs the previous year........except Arizona/Phoenix. Last playoff game, and one we'd like to all forget, May 22, 2012 Coyotes vs Kings. That changes Saturday.

Yeah, I was going to post that too. Gosbee has said they save big once the team becomes American owned.

goyotes

May 4, 2007
Arizona
Does anyone have a clue what was meant in the tweet that the NHL was demanding more money be put in to the team? I am assuming that didn't mean more money for the purchase. Did it mean more cash in the deal? More money dedicated to operations? It seems sort of weird that the NHL would require different terms to the sale than the price and equity, etc.

Just wondering whether this is a hopeful sign that the NHL is demanding the Coyotes be closer to a cap ceiling team, than a cap floor team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad