Andrew Barroway - Coyotes majority owner.

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net
I went from 15% to 20% convinced they'll re-sign AV. Now it's down to <10%. By the end of the season I can see the 'Yotes hitting the virtual floor. And all that means is they're preparing for the future & shedding the UFAs without any retention...

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Maloney was certainly effusive regarding Domi in that interview.

Hard to not be excited about him, he's been tearing the WJCs a new poo hole.

Maloney wanted him in Portland out of camp but the CHL/NHL agreement prevented it.

If it hadn't been for that, I think we might have seen him by now. However his regular season ends March 20.... allowing for playoffs, I'd wonder if we *might* see him before the end of the year.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
Maloney wanted him in Portland out of camp but the CHL/NHL agreement prevented it.

If it hadn't been for that, I think we might have seen him by now. However his regular season ends March 20.... allowing for playoffs, I'd wonder if we *might* see him before the end of the year.

Money should be no object, right?

slv

Sep 19, 2012
astral
2yynhpj.jpg

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
The plan was always to attract new investors (money). That money would be used to pay down debt that wasn't sustainable. IA intended to do this by rehabilitating the Coyotes books to an acceptable level to where they weren't a complete money pit. The NHL's new revenue sharing and TV contract helped in this regard. Barroway brings with him tax breaks and access to the NHL's credit line, which supposedly has a pretty sweet interest rate.

IA has an out clause for everything they put in, and those loans would have been made whole by the relocation sale. Now, with presumably less debt load, there's less incentive to move and they will have an easier time keeping the team in AZ.

Barroway is investing in 1/30th of the NHL moreso than the Phoenix area. I'm fine with that as long as he doesn't turn the Coyotes into the NHL equivalent of the Marlins.

Not out of the woods yet, but it's a start.

I also think that something that is not mentioned is how much oil prices have gone down, and that also presses the need for other investors when the Gosbee group is tied to their wealth coming from oil.

There may have been talks that accelerated on this front...

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
More so the 9 game limit. Coyotes play 12 or so after that date. If Portland is in any sort of playoff position or push he'll just go there.

Could any others players that are "Coyotes" be brought in to play, like Perlini? Or is there only a certain group of players that are allowed? And is there a certain time frame this is allowed, or can they be called up at any time(I'm assuming after their other season is over), for the 9 game limit? And are they allowed to play in Portland at will once their season is over in their other obligations?

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Could any others players that are "Coyotes" be brought in to play, like Perlini? Or is there only a certain group of players that are allowed? And is there a certain time frame this is allowed, or can they be called up at any time(I'm assuming after their other season is over), for the 9 game limit? And are they allowed to play in Portland at will once their season is over in their other obligations?

MOST WILL LIKELY SIGN ATO's, After their season ends, the 9 game limit is out of TC, ONCE THE decision is made to assign a playing prospect back to juniors assumingh there's eligibility, at no time per the CHL/NHL agreement can a junior player be recalled.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

So, at the NHL level, you dress 20 guys, carry 23, can have 50 contracts, and up to 90 players on your reserve list (this includes unsigned draft picks).

A team may not have more than 90 players on its reserve lists at any one time during a season. The reserve list includes players under contract, unsigned draft picks who have collegiate or major junior eligibility remaining, and all unsigned draft picks who have been drafted by a team within the last two league years. NHL teams retain exclusive rights to draft picks for two years after a player is drafted, or until NCAA or major junior eligibility has been exhausted.

http://www.capgeek.com/faq/what-are-the-NHL-s-roster-rules-after-the-trade-deadline

Post trade deadline there is no roster limit but clubs are limited to four recalls, including anyone on the (90 player maximum) reserve list. Junior players don't count against the four once their season has ended.

Junior players can actually be recalled at any time, but only on an emergency basis. Baertschi as an example.

Players that the Coyotes have no intention of returning to junior (and are eligible) will join Portland. This in practice really only applies to Dauphin, Laplante, Kulda and Domi. No point burning an ELC year with the parent club.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Laplante and Kudla would burn a year if they played a game with the Yotes this season as they haven't been signed yet and will count as 20 year old signees. So strategy will be to sign them to deals starting with 2015-2016.

Domi, Dauphin and Perlini are already signed and will have their deals slide. No issue with the Yotes having any of them play some games at the end of the season, so long as they don't play in 10 or more NHL games.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Laplante and Kudla would burn a year if they played a game with the Yotes this season as they haven't been signed yet and will count as 20 year old signees. So strategy will be to sign them to deals starting with 2015-2016.

They can sign ATOs and play in the AHL though, correct?

Phoenician

Jul 3, 2013
Phoenix
Finally saw the Barroway presser from the Blue Jackets game, seems like a good guy, I wish him the best...and yes that would benefit me greatly for him to succeed as a fan!

:handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad