Andrew Barroway - Coyotes majority owner.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Daly flat out saying "Arizona and Florida are not moving." is pretty convincing.

I don't think AZ is moving either (Florida...not so sure), but just for fun, lets explore how words have very little meaning.

"read my lips, no new taxes"

"if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor"

"I did not have sex with that woman..."

"I'm not a crook"

"The American Army has not entered Baghdad"

"I have never used any illegal substance" Armstrong, A-rod, Clemens, take your pick

pick it up from here.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I agree in principal that the words mean nothing. I think that those words are actually meant for prospective owners in markets like Quebec that are trying to wait it out rather than pony up what the league wants. Giving Vegas the green light is also more of the same.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
I agree in principal that the words mean nothing. I think that those words are actually meant for prospective owners in markets like Quebec that are trying to wait it out rather than pony up what the league wants. Giving Vegas the green light is also more of the same.

Las Vegas has a lot of experience with implosions

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I don't think AZ is moving either (Florida...not so sure), but just for fun, lets explore how words have very little meaning.

"read my lips, no new taxes"

"if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor"

"I did not have sex with that woman..."

"I'm not a crook"

"The American Army has not entered Baghdad"

"I have never used any illegal substance" Armstrong, A-rod, Clemens, take your pick

pick it up from here.
Yeah I get it, that's why I specifically said they could technically still be lying or playing word games. However in the past they've always used lawyer speak and obvious ambiguity. This time they used much more concrete language, I don't think that's by accident as these people seem to be pretty calculating with their words.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Yeah I get it, that's why I specifically said they could technically still be lying or playing word games. However in the past they've always used lawyer speak and obvious ambiguity. This time they used much more concrete language, I don't think that's by accident as these people seem to be pretty calculating with their words.
But don't you trust Daly's words, that do seem very calculated, more than say a Yahoo or Globe hockey writer?

Last edited by a moderator:

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Lump me in with the skeptics. It's in my nature. I am in "wait and see" mode. While I hope the Coyotes stay it would not shock me in the least if they bolted (possibly in a quick overnight move) in a few years. That said, I will continue to enjoy hockey in the desert while I can or for years to come.

goyotes

May 4, 2007
Arizona
Nothing on this deal which is supposedly signed and in the NHL's hands, with IA saying it should close by the end of 2014. Call me crazy, but I somehow doubt this gets done if at all this year, and it is used as a reason why the team tanked because GMDM had his hands strapped.

Getting very tired of this stuff...:shakehead

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Nothing on this deal which is supposedly signed and in the NHL's hands, with IA saying it should close by the end of 2014. Call me crazy, but I somehow doubt this gets done if at all this year, and it is used as a reason why the team tanked because GMDM had his hands strapped.

Getting very tired of this stuff...:shakehead

I remember when Sarah Mac said it should be done by the end of October, and then it was "should be done at the BOG meeting in December".

I'm with you...fed up.

Do we chalk it up to incompetence, or maybe AB can't line up the funds?

zerekstar

Dec 5, 2010
Thunderbay, On (Kakabeka Falls)
I think we are all getting sick of the BS and drama. It's like listening to politicians. A lot of talk and no action. The only good thing is it's holding the team back which will result in a great draft pick and possibly a franchise player that hopefully will remain in Arizona. But maybe the politicians will find a way to ruin that yet too.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
I remember when Sarah Mac said it should be done by the end of October, and then it was "should be done at the BOG meeting in December".

I'm with you...fed up.

Do we chalk it up to incompetence, or maybe AB can't line up the funds?

Maybe he's invested in oil and the lower prices have hurt him in the checkbook.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Or, you know, the deal is almost done and could be electronically voted on any day now as per Dreger.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
The same Dreger who reported that Taylor Hall is a locker room cancer and is on the trading block? ;)

Hall is capable of cancerous play and I wouldn't be surprised if Edmonton did something as dumb as getting rid of him. Dreger isn't super reliable but he is way more plugged in than Eklund, and about half as delusional as Garrioch. He's primarily a Leafs guy. What reason does he have to lie about the ownership situation in lowly AZ?

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
What reason does he have to lie about the ownership situation in lowly AZ?

It's not whether he's lying, it's whether he knows what's going on. And I don't think anyone does.

The vibe I'm getting is the exact vibe we've had with IceArizona, and before that with Ice Edge and Hulsizer. Everyone either saying it's dead, or on the cusp of being done, and nothing happens for months. I've lost my thirst for information on the topic, to be honest.

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
It's not whether he's lying, it's whether he knows what's going on. And I don't think anyone does.

The vibe I'm getting is the exact vibe we've had with IceArizona, and before that with Ice Edge and Hulsizer. Everyone either saying it's dead, or on the cusp of being done, and nothing happens for months. I've lost my thirst for information on the topic, to be honest.

What Dreger said is (in simple terms) it's in the BoG's hands now. It's an easy conclusion for anyone who has followed the situation closely to come up with.

And anyone who has followed the situation that close for the last five years should know by now to ignore any set dates..... from anyone... including the NHL.... and focus to knowing where the transaction sits.

Phoenician

Jul 3, 2013
Phoenix
At Arcadia Ice today I was talking to the goalie coach for ASU who teachers some of the kids there in the morning and he swears that the coyotes are moving to seattle next year :). Stated he knows a few owners and its a done deal. No I dont believe him but its interesting how the relocation theory's still exist and are prevelent.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
At Arcadia Ice today I was talking to the goalie coach for ASU who teachers some of the kids there in the morning and he swears that the coyotes are moving to seattle next year :). Stated he knows a few owners and its a done deal. No I dont believe him but its interesting how the relocation theory's still exist and are prevelent.

We could be the most solvent team in the NHL, sell out 75% of the games, and win a Stanley Cup, and there would still be people - LOTS of people - who would say that next year the team's moving.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

Should probably have asked him what imaginary sheet of ice they planned to be playing on.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX

And why does he swear that? It's kind of frustrating that people that don't live here comment on the Coyotes moving, but people that actually do, and those that are actually involved with Arizona hockey itself comment that way also.

jacobhockey13

used to watch hockey, then joined HF Boards
Apr 17, 2014
on the bench

Oh my gosh, I was at Arcadia and heard this. It's a small world. God bless ASU's goalie coach, he's awesome; but when it comes to speculation about the Coyotes, he should just stick with Star Wars and his grenade launchers if you know what I mean.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I had a customer come in to my store last week and tell me the Cardinals signed Kurt Warner. Not talked to him. They signed him and he was playing on Sunday. Now I knew that was bull ****. But the guy said it was a fact. He wasn't some crazy person off the street. He was just stupid. Being a goalie coach for ASU (does that position even pay or is it just volunteer?) doesn't make that guy sound any smarter to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad