Andrew Barroway - Coyotes majority owner.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Just wondering whether this is a hopeful sign that the NHL is demanding the Coyotes be closer to a cap ceiling team, than a cap floor team.

Uhh no. The league has no say about that at all.

They want both sides to have more equity in the team. The initial plan was that both would put in $15 million, but that probably didn't satisfy the league. That'd be like Barroway buying the team with 5% down, if we're pretending that the 300 million evaluation is real. The definition of acquiring something with the intention of flipping it later.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

They want both sides to have more equity in the team. The initial plan was that both would put in $15 million, but that probably didn't satisfy the league. That'd be like Barroway buying the team with 5% down, if we're pretending that the 300 million evaluation is real. The definition of acquiring something with the intention of flipping it later.

Don't know what you mean. Barroway is too have 51% and Gosbee 49%. With Barroway buying the team, I would think most of the debt would be retired.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I'm trying not to pay attention to this, but wasn't there a January 1st time-frame that was at least semi-official? Like from the league? Or am I wrong?

indczn

May 28, 2008

Didn't the NHL set up a lower interest loan fund earlier this year? If that's being used in conjunction with the purchase, then yeah, the NHL could demand a bigger cash down payment.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Didn't the NHL set up a lower interest loan fund earlier this year? If that's being used in conjunction with the purchase, then yeah, the NHL could demand a bigger cash down payment.

Yes, as part of having American majority ownership, the Coyotes will have access to an NHL secured line of credit that has a very favorable interest rate. The NHL simply wants Barroway to have more skin in the game.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Yes, as part of having American majority ownership, the Coyotes will have access to an NHL secured line of credit that has a very favorable interest rate. The NHL simply wants Barroway to have more skin in the game.

We have no idea how the deal is constructed. I believe the LOC is for every team to use if needed.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
I'm trying not to pay attention to this, but wasn't there a January 1st time-frame that was at least semi-official? Like from the league? Or am I wrong?

If memory serves, they said we should know the outcome before year end. Don't know if there was anything more official than that.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
We have no idea how the deal is constructed. I believe the LOC is for every team to use if needed.

Part of the original sale to Ice Arizona was financed through the NHL's LoC. But they needed another cash source to complete the deal and that's where Fortress comes in to play.

Since that time the NHL went out and upped it's LoC limit. So they now have the capability to handle a transaction of that size.

ibroce

Jul 11, 2014
Deal still on track, could be finalized NYE, Barroway at morning skate today. Per Sarah, CM.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Interesting, seems like a good sign. My pessimistic side reminds me jamison attended quite a few games too.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
From Casey Gagnon at AZ Sports Hub:

To Review: 1.) Barroway deal closes sometime this week, 2.) Deal in jeopardy a few weeks ago, 3.) Final step is league BOG approval #Coyotes

...and followup from Dreger:

Further to @Casey_AZSH reporting on Yotes sale. The voting process to approve the sale of 51% of the Coyotes to Andrew Barroway has begun.

goyotes

May 4, 2007
Arizona
Nothing has been announced, but in the "twitterverse" it seems people are saying the vote has passed but people are waiting for the Coyotes to have a press conference to announce the sale closing. Looking like maybe tomorrow, but again, nothing official.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
Let the relocation theories begin!

AreTheCoyotesMightStayingInPhoenix.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad