Rumor: Andrei Markov's Agent Has Contacted Habs (Looking for $2M Contract)

Do you want Markov back?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tankinstyle

Jun 5, 2008
Québec City, QC
That's a possible scenario, for sure. It's unfortunate that Bergevin's modus operandi is all over the map. Disrespect and underappreciate Markov, then turn around and open the vault for Alzner. That couldn't have turned out worse.

Also don't forget that if we sign Radulov, we probably don't trade for Drouin so it's another 5.5M in cap space + we'd still have Sergachev + even less of a need to sign a scrub like Alzner.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Also don't forget that if we sign Radulov, we probably don't trade for Drouin so it's another 5.5M in cap space + we'd still have Sergachev + even less of a need to sign a scrub like Alzner.
The team would be better today because of it. Drouin and Alzner have been a disaster and obviously Drouin is still on the team but give it time, this will get ugly this year, mark my words, better yet, bookmark it.

InglewoodJack

Jun 10, 2009
Châteauguay
Hope they bring him back for year, even if it's just to fill a roster spot. We got some solid minutes out of a like 45 year old Mathieu Schneider, I think they can find a way to fit in markov.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
We could use a Markov like player on that abysmal PP but sadly time has passed. If he is willing to go on a try-out contract and we see how things go maybe but we really have to get an actual solution. Chiarot will turn to be another Alzner.

Last edited:

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
Sign him and let him play until his 1000th. It's what? 10 games? If he can still play after his 1000th, give him the year or two contracts. If he can't, either bury him in the AHL or better yet, let him retire as a Hab. Then offer a job with the Habs as, well, whatever. At the very least, to teach our team to at least sporadically score on the PP unlike today's tumbleweeds and dust bunnies...

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
Wow I love ya Andrei but there's zero chance he should get 2 million unless it's like a thank you for your service and we aren't going to use the cap space.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
IMO, I think Bergevin's to do list in the 2017 off season was too much for him to handle. He was negotiating with Radulov from Dec of 16 all the way to June of 17 and he had a **** load of other things to do. Not making an excuse for him but I do think he was frustrated and made a few mistakes.
A few mistakes..........you sir, are being kind. That awful summer nailed it for most....he should have been fired before that summer of mistakes...but certainly after it.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary

Yes. It simply goes to show that Bergevin's plan, if he actually has one, changes from day to day and one good transaction seems only to offset the last poor one.

Treading water. Not drowning nor moving forward.

crazyd74

Jun 24, 2018
I have no problems having him play his last 10 games and retire a Hab. Markov on the PP would still be better than what we have now.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke

Yes t oall this except the part with Alzner. Pretty sure he was already signed before all this crapfest.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Have you been living under a rock or something? Not sure how else you could have missed the whole Bergevin-dog loyalty, take it or leave it, he should have had an agent fiasco and blame Markov for it.
He was offered a fair contract given his age and where the team was headed at that point. Neither party would budge so f*** it. He's a great player but he was done. Habs don't owe him anything

frapp10

Feb 21, 2015
Where is the room tho. I’d take him on a PTO and if he is better then Reilly then sign him

Mete Weber
Chariot petry
Kulak juulsen
Reilly folin

Reactions: angusyoung

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
Where is the room tho. I’d take him on a PTO and if he is better then Reilly then sign him

Mete Weber
Chariot petry
Kulak juulsen
Reilly folin
He might not appreciate getting a PTO. He's played his whole NHL career in Montreal, being 40 and wanting a 2 million contract...

CalgarySnow

Oct 21, 2017
It would be worth it more for what he could do for the defence off the ice. Give him time in the 10 games he needs to get to 1000 and retire a Hab. Jagr was a huge help to the young Flames players off the ice Markov could do the same, it’s not like we don’t have the cap space, I say yes bring him back.

webersshot

Jul 6, 2016
Nova Scotia
It would be worth it more for what he could do for the defence off the ice. Give him time in the 10 games he needs to get to 1000 and retire a Hab. Jagr was a huge help to the young Flames players off the ice Markov could do the same, it’s not like we don’t have the cap space, I say yes bring him back.

Me too. Do it

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
He’s so done at this point but he’d still be in our top-6 because of how weak we are on the left side.

I’d only be willing to sign him super cheap so he can play 10 games here to hit 1000 and then terminate the deal and he can retire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad