Rumor: Andrei Markov's Agent Has Contacted Habs (Looking for $2M Contract)

Do you want Markov back?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
OMG it's so easy to see through! If Markov was 35 the decision would still be the same! People just refuse to accept that the moron in charge has made everything about himself! We could have had Jagr with several good years left in the tank and MB said no but yet in the midst of his expert knowledge of what's best for the CH he proceeded to fill 2 dumpsters with compost and recyclables! This is what we are up against, we can have the best prospects in the entire history of the NHL but as long as Lloyd Christmas is in charge we will continue to flounder. Why is this so hard for people to see?

It's hard for many cause there's an entire team, millions of dollars at work here from their PR department.
That's probably the biggest strenght of this organization and they will protect anything Habs and that include Bergevin.

Look what they did for the Markov situation or the OS situation. Bergevin will come out (i think it's tonight...or tomorrow, not sure) in a bullshit interview where all the questions and answers are construct by their PR guys. And we already know what they will try to sell us: Prospect, Future, Kids, i tried, it's hard and good things will comes even after a shitty summer.

Sthabs

Apr 7, 2006
In that short tidbit Imo it showed already that MB wasn't over what happened 2 years ago and he s an idiot for that.
Plus his justifications didn't make any sense whatsoever, he s talking about making place for other kids, but is mostly talking about right ds, and kids like Romanov who won't be here this year.
Otoh Markov messed up too...
It is what it is....

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Err, our PP is so bad, the done and finished Markov can park himself on the side walls and stand still and still vastly improve our PP. Don't kid yourself, our pp sucks bad and it hasn't got any better.

It sucked last year but that does not mean it won’t improve this year. No need for Markov.

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
It sucked last year but that does not mean it won’t improve this year. No need for Markov.
You mean our awesome three LD'S who have an unbelievably awe inspiring impressive "CAREER COMBINED" PP points total of (*gasp* so much potential!) FOUR points, don't need any help on the PP from someone who can literally get more PP points standing still in his 10 games needed?

Okay, you are of course welcome to believe our LD'S are actually decent.

Reactions: PaulD

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
You mean our awesome three LD'S who have an unbelievably awe inspiring impressive "CAREER COMBINED" PP points total of (*gasp* so much potential!) FOUR points, don't need any help on the PP from someone who can literally get more PP points standing still in his 10 games needed?

Can’t believe we’re going into this season with Mete as a first pairing guy. WTF.

Reactions: PaulD

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Picking which one you would "rather have" was not the discussion.

Then why did you bring Mete into the convo? You compared the two point potential. If its only about bringing Markov back then like I said no thanks. He’s done!

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Then why did you bring Mete into the convo? You compared the two point potential. If its only about bringing Markov back then like I said no thanks. He’s done!
Marc Bergevin agrees with you.

I merely pointed out that while a player may lack in one area of his game (or slow down at the end of his career) he can still contribute. Even more so to lousy non play off teams like the Canadiens.

Like Mete. Lots of speed but cant score to save his life. Still contributes in other ways.

Markov lots of smarts and offense but Chara like slow out there. Still contributed in other ways.

But as i also said , even if Markov was done (he wasnt)...... who the f*** is Marc Bergevin to say so.!! The stiff replaced him with 25 million dollar LOLzner. :laugh:

As far as Mete goes. Is this the year he pulls ahead in career goals scored.............of our family dog Lucy?

Last edited:

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas

If AM was really done. Bergevin would have been far more likely to extend him. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: pepperMonkey

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
He already offered him a contract two years ago but Markov said no. Respect should go both sides.
So a player trying to negotiate terms of a contract is disrespectful now? So by your logic this whole league is filled with disrespectful players. Not that Bergevin was a douchebag or anything, telling 2 of our best players he only has room for 1 and he will not be negotiating with either, it's a take it or leave it contract. Oh, did I mention he did that publicly through the media in the utmost respectful way of course.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
But as i also said , even if Markov was done (he wasnt)...... who the **** is Marc Bergevin to say so.!! The stiff replaced him with 25 million dollar LOLzner. :laugh:

He is the GM of a hockey team that Markov wanted a contract from? He is supposed to do exactly that. It’s pro sports, guys get told an org is moving in another direction all the time.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
So a player trying to negotiate terms of a contract is disrespectful now?

Just like not offering a contract to a 40 years olf defenseman?

If Markov wants to retire as a Hab, I'd be happy if they signed him for a day. But he wants to play. I loved Markov when he was here but we have to move on.

Reactions: Habby4Life

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Markov hasn't signed anything yet, and I'm really doubting he plays in the NHL this season. No matter how much candy coating his agent adds to the situation, team rosters are pretty much already set to go.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

I think our LD's are decent and deserve the opportunity to show they can progress and get better.

Kulak and Mete showed progress last year, they deserve the opportunity to see if that can continue.

That's worth more than an Andrei Markov farewell tour.

The GM on more then one occasion, has told fans and the media that he wants to allow room for younger players moving forward.

It's as simple as that.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Can’t believe we’re going into this season with Mete as a first pairing guy. WTF.
You know, histrionics aside, Weber and Mete were a pretty solid pair last year.

Victor Mete was a much better player game 82 then he was game 1.

That's a good thing.

I mean ..do we want our younger players to play and gain more experience, or don't we?

For all the talk about the GM not knowing what direction he's heading in...I think fans are even more contradictory (that's a general thought btw, not, referring to you specifically.

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
Just like not offering a contract to a 40 years olf defenseman?

If Markov wants to retire as a Hab, I'd be happy if they signed him for a day. But he wants to play. I loved Markov when he was here but we have to move on.
Not offering a contract for a random player vs not offering a contract for a player that played his entire career with the organization, is 10games away from 1000, a player that still showed loyalty by refusing to negotiate with any other organization because he wants to retire a Hab, telling him in the media to take it or leave it, cut off communications for no good reason and proceed to blame and trash the player in the media for not having an agent and call him difficult to deal with. Not quite the same argument.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
You know, histrionics aside, Weber and Mete were a pretty solid pair last year.

Victor Mete was a much better player game 82 then he was game 1.

That's a good thing.

I mean ..do we want our younger players to play and gain more experience, or don't we?

For all the talk about the GM not knowing what direction he's heading in...I think fans are even more contradictory (that's a general thought btw, not, referring to you specifically.

I don’t think any histrionics are involved in wanting to see Mete slotted in a lower pairing slot. Anyone can look better with Weber, it doesn’t necessarily mean they’re cut for a first pairing role.

Mete is not at this stage in his career, a first pairing D. Also, most players are better in game 82 than they are in game 1 — a year of experience usually helps. However, that doesn’t mean a player is a first pairing D on account of it.

Just my opinion with no fanfare, expletives or trimmings this time.

Anyways, back to Markov. Bergevin has said niet — would that not seal the deal on the Markov saga?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->