Rumor: Andrei Markov's Agent Has Contacted Habs (Looking for $2M Contract)

Do you want Markov back?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
With how Bergevin is handling Markov case, who has been a loyal star, no wonder no UFA want to sign.

Thats just really pathetic if true, Bergevin doesn’t owe Markov a spot on the team. But not even replying to a long time hab is low, even for MB.

Between Molson and Bergevin this storied franchise has gone from being universally referred to as "Classy" to a classless, bitter, arrogant and incompetent excuse for a hockey team.

Not even responding to the best defenseman this team has seen since Chelios is damning. and incredibly low brow. It's beyond embarrassing.

Assuming the RDS report is accurate, you have to wonder how the Habs could have handled Markov's request in this manner.

Give the man a prompt answer even if MB may have a personal gripe against him. Ignoring his request is the ultimate slap in the face.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Markov is not a coach. He barely can speak English on top of that.

Markov's English is actually very good. He's just a stoic and private man and prefers not to deal with media.

He could probably read "War and Peace" in English. Bergevin's mastery of the language is more at the "Dick and Jane" level.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Rumour was he wanted to come be a defensive coach in Montreal, but JJ was chosen instead of him. I honestly don't know how credible the story is or where it came from, so I couldn't say how true it is.

If this is true, I'm speechless...

You do not pass on Larry Robinson to become your defense coach. You just don't.

Montreal need to focus on getting the best coaches for all positions. Back in the days we always had younger centers who could learn from the vets and the wheel kept spinning that way: From Beliveau/H.Richard to Goyette/R.Backstrom to Jacques Lemaire and etc, we always had solid two-way centers upcoming as the older ones went out. Same for defensemen. Once you lose that continuity it's harder to start fro mscratch as no one experienced is there to teach the kids.

Reactions: Le Tricolore

groovejuice

Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Rumour was he wanted to come be a defensive coach in Montreal, but JJ was chosen instead of him. I honestly don't know how credible the story is or where it came from, so I couldn't say how true it is.

I seem to recall the story came from Robinson's agent. Robinson agreed to an interview, but Bergevin hired JJ in the meantime, and as I recall it, didn't bother to let Robinson know.

Something along those lines...

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017

May as well share the whole story. He missed his interview due to a flood.

I seem to recall the story came from Robinson's agent. Robinson agreed to an interview, but Bergevin hired JJ in the meantime, and as I recall it, didn't bother to let Robinson know.

That’s certainly one way to tell the story.

Reactions: cajmonkey

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Robinson couldn’t make it to the interview and asked for a delay (I believe he needed one month) in order to be able to attend to some disaster that happened to his home. MB used the postponement request to hire his childhood friend JJD instead.

It’s not a rumor, it’s a true story confirmed time and again by his agent.

If this wasn’t enough of an underhanded sleaze move by MB, then ask yourself why the f*** would someone like Robinson even need an formal interview.

MB could have arranged to speak to him via phone or Skype, if really necessary. A total con job by MB.

groovejuice

Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Robinson couldn’t make it to the interview and asked for a delay (I believe he needed one month) in order to be able to attend to some disaster that happened to his home. MB used the postponement request to hire his childhood friend JJD instead.

If this wasn’t enough of an underhanded sleaze move by MB, then ask yourself why the **** would someone like Robinson even need an formal interview.

MB could have arranged to speak to him via phone or Skype, if really necessary. A total con job by MB.

Thanks for filing in the blanks. As I read your post I recalled those details as well.

You're now our official historian as well as tenured wit, Runner. :laugh:

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014

If this wasn’t enough of an underhanded sleaze move by MB, then ask yourself why the **** would someone like Robinson even need an formal interview.

That one ranks up there with drafting Nikolas Koberstein. I'll never understand MB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad