Andreas Johnsson Thread

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I would match the offer and then trade Kadri.

That’s probably the best solution.
Or
Actually get him signed now in the 3 million per range and trade Kadri, if Kadri continues playing like he has.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Kadri money would be cheaper than Nylander money. There's more value in trading Willie. Who would you rather keep? Nylander or Johnsson and Kapanen?

Unless your trading Nylander for picks, you’re in no better position cap wise.

He smart play would be to move out the worst player (Johnsson) and keep the other two.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Or
Actually get him signed now in the 3 million per range and trade Kadri, if Kadri continues playing like he has.

Between now and the end of his contract, I'm okay with the idea of eventually trading Kadri for futures. He's great value as a 2nd line center who scores 30/60, but if he's not in that position in a third line role to produce from this point onwards, and he doesn't consistently bring a 3rd line center contribution, he isn't a great value.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I wonder if Johnsson and Kapanen producing well means the Leafs will need to quickly move on from Marleau and someone else to keep them next year. Unfortunate they are hitting RFA status the exact same time as Matthews and Marner. Probably thinking they'll need to turn Marleau and Brown's combined cap hits into Kapanen and Johnsson raises and then promote Moore and Grundstrom full time and integrate into the mix.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Or

I'm starting to eyeball the Marleau, Kadri and to a lesser extent Brown contracts as movable. There's some talk about the kind of haul Brayden Schenn may return on a rebuilding Blues team, including 2 prospects and a 1st. I mean, if we could get that for Kadri, it solves a bit of the cap situation and puts three possible bluechippers into the system. Just saying.

Reactions: AreBe

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Tavares currently on pace to outscore JVR+Bozak combined by 7 goals....seems like the move is working out. Too bad we didn't trade both of those guys last year

I am okay with not moving them. Kadri f***ed up with that stupid hit and the DoPS was stupid to suspend him for 3 playoff games. If he plays all the games, we likely win that series...

I definitely like our depth a lot better this year but I am not sure they will be utilized properly if everyone is healthy. Hyman is good but he should not slot back in with Tavares and Marner but he will be.

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
Per Jonas Siegel:

Andreas Johnsson last 18 games: 7 goals 9 assists 16 points.

He is clearly the best LW in our organization at this point.

I don't know if its so clear. We've got a very small sample of Moore, but he's doing quite a bit better so far than johnsson was doing on the 4th line - 3pts in 5 games.

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
The vet always wins

On most teams it takes a crapload of lousy play to put a 6.5mil cap hit on the 4th line. Marleau hasn't been that kind of lousy play bad. he's looking to ge about as many points as last year, in fact.

Reactions: SAMCRO44

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
On most teams it takes a crapload of lousy play to put a 6.5mil cap hit on the 4th line. Marleau hasn't been that kind of lousy play bad. he's looking to ge about as many points as last year, in fact.

Nope just saying even if he was horrific he wouldn’t move there
I like him and he has another gear for playoffs

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
thats what happens when your offensive players play with other skilled offensive players, johnsson been playing with tavares, marner, matthews most of that stretch...johnsson and kapanen are top 6 players, and for sure needs to both stay in the top 6 going forward

i mean kappy is on pace for near 30 goals with zero PP time and that is crazy...i would put him with tavares/marner or matthews/nylander for a small stretch to see how things go and to maximize his offensive potential

and put a combo of brown/hyman/marleau with kadri to form a strong forechecking energy defensive 3rd line that can still score a bit

Reactions: WilliamNylander

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
What, you think the Islanders would have traded those too for Tavares? You think Tavares would have come to a team that doesn't go all in for the playoffs?
no, obviously I was not implying that a non-playoff team would trade for two pending UFA's.

Do I think that Tavares would have come to the same team that he did, only with a few more 1st & 2nd round picks/good prospects? Yes, because he's not dumb enough to believe that means the team he's signing with is the only team in the history of the league, or any league, that wants something other than to win championships

Last edited:

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I'm starting to eyeball the Marleau, Kadri and to a lesser extent Brown contracts as movable. There's some talk about the kind of haul Brayden Schenn may return on a rebuilding Blues team, including 2 prospects and a 1st. I mean, if we could get that for Kadri, it solves a bit of the cap situation and puts three possible bluechippers into the system. Just saying.

The first deal I want rid of is Zaitsev

I've given up praying for a way out of the Marleau deal at this point

Then Brown then Kadri, although I'm not wedded to any of those guys

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The first deal I want rid of is Zaitsev

I've given up praying for a way out of the Marleau deal at this point

Then Brown then Kadri, although I'm not wedded to any of those guys

Agreed. Zaitsev is a contract I'd get rid of shortly as well. Possibly most urgent along with Marleau.

Reactions: Kiwi and Menzinger

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad