Andreas Johnsson Thread

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
The first deal I want rid of is Zaitsev

I've given up praying for a way out of the Marleau deal at this point

Then Brown then Kadri, although I'm not wedded to any of those guys

It’ll be curious what Pridham and Dubas have up their sleeve this offseason.

Zaitsev has a NTC that’s aboht to kick in on July 1st which may be a prompt to try and trade him after the playoffs. His stats aren’t great though Babcock seems high on him so hard to tell what’ll happen.

There’s always the off chance (though I think highly unlikely) that they may try and pull with marleau what Washington did with Orpik.

Edit: clarified

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
It’ll be curious what Pridham and Dubas have up their sleeve this offseason.

Zaitsev has a NTC that’s aboht to kick in on July 1st which may be a prompt to try and trade him after the playoffs. His stats aren’t great though Babcock seems high on him so hard to tell what’ll happen.

There’s always the off chance (though I think highly unlikely) that they may try and pull with marleau what Washington did with Orpik.

Edit: clarified

Zaitsev is going to be tough, I could definitely see Babcock going to the matt fighting that one

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
That doesn't mean tying yourself to a boat anchor is a good idea either

A bad contract is a bad contract, I say get out of it and deal with the other stuff later

The defensive minutes he eats up at 4.5 AAV is not that bad of a contract, it's not like he is at 6 or 7 AAV.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
The defensive minutes he eats up at 4.5 AAV is not that bad of a contract, it's not like he is at 6 or 7 AAV.

He's eating those minutes very very poorly, realistically he's a bottom pairing 1M-1.5M player, he's getting massively overpaid for what he is and what he's doing at 4.5M

I'd hoped to see some uptick in his game but he is what he is, a better skating less physical Polak

AreBe

This is the Real Are Be and not a Burner account!
Apr 1, 2013
I'm starting to eyeball the Marleau, Kadri and to a lesser extent Brown contracts as movable. There's some talk about the kind of haul Brayden Schenn may return on a rebuilding Blues team, including 2 prospects and a 1st. I mean, if we could get that for Kadri, it solves a bit of the cap situation and puts three possible bluechippers into the system. Just saying.
Marleau, Kadri and Brown are good Canadian kids so there should be demand for them
Move them for some high skilled Europeans or for us to keep the Leafs foreign born "Skill Set"? - for this should we be praying?
Don't let the math haters get you down, there is no such thing as too much skill, we could always use another NCAA gem!
Dubas has a math based model based on speed and skill, and with that, our opponents we should be slaying.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
How much does Andreas johnsson get if he manages to hit 50 points this season.

That would be something like getting 24 points in the final 30 games.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012

We can only afford -1 AAV with Matthew's fleecing Dubas.

TheCLAM

Oct 11, 2012
Niagara Falls
I think if we can somehow win the cup this year Marleau would be willing to waive. He's not an idiot, he knows the cap is a factor.

He's likely going to be brought back in a mgmt role

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008

It won't matter one little bit

because it won't be here.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I've had him at a 2 year bridge for 1.95M in a lot of mock ups. Not so sure we'll be able to get away with it..might be closer to 2.25M

leafsfan2point0

Jun 8, 2011
If I was negotiating the contract with him it would’ve been a 2 year deal knowing the upcoming cap crunch next season. Not sure why he only signed for 1 year unless he requested it?

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Another big goal.
We have to keep him.
Best LW by a lot

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
If I was negotiating the contract with him it would’ve been a 2 year deal knowing the upcoming cap crunch next season. Not sure why he only signed for 1 year unless he requested it?

It was because he accepted his qualifying offer.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
This is the sad part of being a team like the Hawks when they were dominant.

You can't keep guys like Johnsson long term.

Lottery teams rebuild their top 6. Contenders need to rebuild their bottom 6. That's life in a salary cap world.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad