Andreas Johnsson Thread

Contenderorpretender

Oct 10, 2017
Brown, Johnson and Kapenan will all be moved or sign elsewhere
Lol, what? Brown maybe. I could see that. But. Unless it's for defensive help, I'd doubt kap and AJ are moved. Are you suggesting that they will receive an offer sheet? Kap and AJ are rfa's. Not a likely scenario.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Lol, what? Brown maybe. I could see that. But. Unless it's for defensive help, I'd doubt kap and AJ are moved. Are you suggesting that they will receive an offer sheet? Kap and AJ are rfa's. Not a likely scenario.

Kapenan realistically could get an OS. The Leafs can’t pay him Kadri money but some other team might. I think that’s a second round pick. There may be more value trading him.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Petterson is hugely skilled but he’s high risk for more injuries. Add to that he’s never played a full season in North America before.

Huh? That doesn't have anything to do with winning ROY.

And if you're just comparing the two, it's not even close. EP is a 20 year old #1 PPG center. Johnsson is a 24 year old winger still finding his way. A comparison between the two is just obnoxious.

Contenderorpretender

Oct 10, 2017
Kapenan realistically could get an OS. The Leafs can’t pay him Kadri money but some other team might. I think that’s a second round pick. There may be more value trading him.
The last offersheet was ryan O'Reilly. Not like it's common practice and I doubt a team would do it for kap. As per his contract maybe kap get 2.5 to 3.5 mil. Hes having one very good. That being said, he gets a bridge deal. That's a guarentee.

Contenderorpretender

Oct 10, 2017
And hypothetically let's say he does get kadri money from a team. That's a 1 and 3rd at 4.5mil.

TheCLAM

Oct 11, 2012
Niagara Falls
The last offersheet was ryan O'Reilly. Not like it's common practice and I doubt a team would do it for kap. As per his contract maybe kap get 2.5 to 3.5 mil. Hes having one very good. That being said, he gets a bridge deal. That's a guarentee.

To be honest.. we'll have to trade someone regardless upfront or make a stupid trade to keep a 2nd/3rd liner. Personally, I'd let Vegas take the player or trade them to a team who doesn't have an abundance of keeper slots. No point making a stupid trade..

7 FWDs:
Matthews
Marner
Nylander
Tavares
Kadri
Hyman
Kapanen

Expose:
Johnsson
Brown

I can't see Babcock exposing Hyman - he's a unique forward. Brown/Johnsson will be the odd forwards out right now unless Kapanen loses his job outright. Obviosuly Marleau won't be around at this stage so not a concern.

D:
Rielly
Dermott
3 a) Gardiner
3 b) Ozhiganov
3 c) Rosen

This is where it gets interesting IMO. Gardiner will clearly have the inside track if we are somehow able to keep him. I would say next will be a battle between Ozhiganov/Rosen. Really, this could give the Leafs an opportunity to make a deal to trade a combination of the above forwards + pick for a #3 D if... Gardiner does not resign and no one emerges from Oz/Rosen. Pray to little baby jesus that someone picks up Zaitsev LOL

G:
Andersen

Easy situation

This is my take

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Isn't the expansion draft 2 1/2 years away? Any assumptions on what players teams will protect now is just nonsense - Just look at the Leafs roster turnover from last season to this.

Outside of the core, this team will obviously look significantly different by the time the draft rolls around and the ones that will be exposed almost certainly aren't even on the current roster yet.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Huh? That doesn't have anything to do with winning ROY.

And if you're just comparing the two, it's not even close. EP is a 20 year old #1 PPG center. Johnsson is a 24 year old winger still finding his way. A comparison between the two is just obnoxious.
Although I agree that Pettersson is certainly the favorite to win it I wouldnt call him a #1C.

He is playing behind Horvat playing 14 ES minutes and 4 minutes of PP a game. Also has a OZS% of almost 70% which is crazy. Also only has a CF% of 50, with that level of zone sheltering 50% is pretty bad.

He is a special talent for sure but he is playing as a sheltered scoring second line center.

TheCLAM

Oct 11, 2012
Niagara Falls
Isn't the expansion draft 2 1/2 years away? Any assumptions on what players teams will protect now is just nonsense - Just look at the Leafs roster turnover from last season to this.

Outside of the core, this team will obviously look significantly different by the time the draft rolls around and the ones that will be exposed almost certainly aren't even on the current roster yet.

Odds and ends it won’t be totally different IMO

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017

Kadri money would be cheaper than Nylander money. There's more value in trading Willie. Who would you rather keep? Nylander or Johnsson and Kapanen?

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
If Johnsson isn't with Matthews/Nylander when they get reunited, this coach is dumber than I ever thought.

Reactions: TMLS

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
nah it will be a gud pro that is a plug. prob marleau or brown since matthews doesnt want to be with hyman
Don't worry I'm expecting it. Johnsson's going to be held accountable for outplaying Marleau and Brown and get bumped down to the 4th line.

Seriously though I'm loving how he looks beside Matthews. Very few bright spots in this last stretch, the Matthews/Johnsson chemistry is one of them.

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
Kadri brings out the best in Marleau, who doesn't work well at all with Matthews. I'd have Johnsson on that top line.

If it were up to me, I would have Marleau on the 4th line + PP and PK minutes.

Johnsson - Matthews - Nylander
Hyman - Tavares - Marner
Ennis - Kadri - Kapanen
Marleau - Lindholm - Brown

But we can't :(

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

I would match the offer and then trade Kadri.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->