Andreas Johnsson Thread

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
One thing I've enjoyed is following his journey since draft day. The day he was drafted a bunch of Swedish posters told us to keep an eye on him and that he may be a steal. So there was intrigue right away. He then produced in Sweden, the World jrs, on the Marlies and led us to a Calder Cup. Now he's producing on the Leafs. A great story and a late round pick producing for us, something we need more of.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Andreas Johnsson has the potential to be a consistent 50-60 point guy IMO. We need to find a way to lock him in for cheap long term. I'd easily sign him for ~15M/5 years...wonder if his agent would.

Reactions: illusory and AreBe

TheOneArmedMan

Jan 17, 2011
He plays with heart and a little grit too. Him and Kapenen are the underrated guys on the team they also have good scoring abilities.

Reactions: illusory

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I hope he's one of those late round Swedish guys who slowly evolves into a superstar. Like how the heck did Daniel Alfredsson just keep getting better? Hope it's a career trajectory like that... with us.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Wouldn't doubt for one second if this kid is pissed about still being on the 4th line.

What does it feel like to outplay every LW in the organization only to remain on the 4th line when you're in a contract year trying to maximize your earnings??

And people wonder why we're getting bent over by our RFA's.

We're not shy about these underhanded tactics. They burned a year off Nylander's ELC to keep his AAV low. Matthews and Marner will each make ~$12.

Reactions: IPS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad