Andreas Johnsson Thread

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Didn't want to start a new thread, but my search for recent threads to bump uncovered silly threads or ones tying him to other players.

So alas here is a Johnsson thread. I like what he has brought of late. 5 goals and 5 assists in his last 7 games. Love the speed and has a nice set of hands.

Reactions: smitty10 and Kelly

Raging Bull

Present
Jan 25, 2004
Hamilton, ONT
Mango has been unreal, putting up those stats with the icetime he gets. Also not afraid to take a hit or get chippy in front of the net.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
last 10 games, all strengths
  1. 14 pts ~ Marner
  2. 10 pts ~ Matthews * only played 5
  3. 10 pts ~ Johnsson
  4. 9 pts ~ Tavares
  5. 7 pts ~ Kappy

last 10 games 5-vs-5
  1. 9 pts ~ Marner
  2. 8 pts ~ Johnsson
  3. 7 pts ~ Tavares
  4. 6 pts ~ Matthews * only played 5
  5. 5 pts ~ Kappy

Last edited:

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Johnsson Matthews Kapanen
Hyman Tavares Marner
Marleau Kadri Nylander

Flip Kapanen and Nylander as needed.

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
I would run:

Marleau - Matthews - Nylander
Hyman - Tavares - Marner
Johnsson - Kadri - Kapanen

Keep Nylander with Matthews, that duo is insane once it gets back to regular form.
Keep Johnsson/Kapanen duo with Kadri to form an insane 3rd line, like some of us projected at the start of the season.

Do I want Marleau in our top-9? Nope. But oh well.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
I would run:

Hyman - Tavares - Marner

Keep Nylander with Matthews, that duo is insane once it gets back to regular form.
Keep Johnsson/Kapanen duo with Kadri to form an insane 3rd line, like some of us projected at the start of the season.

d0 s0mething tired of hearing players getting 12 million or 1 million or 7 mill and only being marginally better some nights than entry level dudes

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
It was funny seeing people write this guy off. He just needed a better opportunity with the right players, he's a skilled guy.

Reactions: Confucius

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
I would run:

Hyman - Tavares - Marner

Kadri brings out the best in Marleau, who doesn't work well at all with Matthews. I'd have Johnsson on that top line.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
He’s a really good player. Won’t he be one of the casualties of the cap?

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Credit for him coming out of that early season slump.

I wouldn't mind seeing him and Kapanen with Matthews for another game...if it works...we win games....and we can see we're out chancing the other team, then maybe just roll with it?

If Hyman-Tavares-Marner is staying...

I think we end up coming back to...is Nylander expendable? Not a bad player etc. Yes he's damn rusty, like he's going to need 10-15 games to look right.

That being said, if we have a functional top 6 and Marleau-Kadri can hold down a solid 3rd line....Nylander is a damned expensive luxury. I don't think anyone can deny our defense needs an upgrade. That being said, Dubas promised Nylander he isn't going to move him so, unlikely we see a move.

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
Johnsson might still be a ROY candidate.

He was rusty early on but has really shown chemistry with better players of late. The perfect complimentary player for a skilled centerman like Matthews.

He’s got the speed and hands to keep up. Great late round gem.

Thank you Thommie Bergman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad