Andreas Johnsson Thread

Dough72

Sep 3, 2008
his goal tonight was 99% thanks to Hyman. He's an ok skater and ok shooter but so are a lot of guys. I want to like him but he just looks like random 3rd/4th line filler with no standout skills. Although he has been putting the puck in the net a bit so maybe he has a better nose for it than I realize. But I doubt it. Trevor Moore was more impressive.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
his goal tonight was 99% thanks to Hyman. He's an ok skater and ok shooter but so are a lot of guys. I want to like him but he just looks like random 3rd/4th line filler with no standout skills. Although he has been putting the puck in the net a bit so maybe he has a better nose for it than I realize. But I doubt it. Trevor Moore was more impressive.
well, he's having a better season than Kapanen and there must be a reason for it

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
He is going to be a star in his own right. He is top 6 material. Having AJ on our fourth line shows the teams depth.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006

This is nonsense.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
I was underrating the guy, but he looks really good. A really great complimentary piece.

Definitely needs to moved up the lineup.

Reactions: TopCheese

Snauen

Dec 27, 2017
Hyman didn't even try to pass the puck, it was a lucky bounce the made the goal, if anything Hyman shouldn have the assist for beeing ego. Johnsson has always been a sniper/scorer first and foremost from the juniors to now, this poster is full of shit

Reactions: Wendelstache

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
You know what's crazy AJ is probably gonna finish top 3 in Calder voting.

We got a good one.
Do you think? id have petterson, dahlin and heiskanen as it stands, johnsson in the group of white, kotkaniemi, svech, tkachuck group. I have him 4th currently and tracking well for top 3 if his play continues.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Do you think? id have petterson, dahlin and heiskanen as it stands, johnsson in the group of white, kotkaniemi, svech, tkachuck group. I have him 4th currently and tracking well for top 3 if his play continues.

Hart is trending up. AJ is a good foot soldier. The others are trending to be game changers.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I wouldn’t hesitate to give him the Arvidsson deal.

Only issue is it’s tough to fit that next season.

Reactions: JEI

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
that's crazy given his usage. He's seems like a more natural goal scorer than Nylander or Kapanen.

AJ is not afraid to go to the dirty areas. The fact that he now has 1 more goal than Kadri playing 4-5 fewer minutes per game and limited PP minutes shows me how disappointing Kadri's year has been.

Reactions: HamiltonNHL

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I wouldn’t hesitate to give him the Arvidsson deal.

Only issue is it’s tough to fit that next season.

In different circumstances I’d be okay with that, but he’s a prime candidate for a bridge deal to ease the team’s cap issues next season.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
This is the sad part of being a team like the Hawks when they were dominant.

You can't keep guys like Johnsson long term.

But we aren't the Hawks.

He's our best LW.

The Hawks didn't let a Top3 player go.

Our team somehow has our RFAs making UFA money. On short deals.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Why?

He will get some time with Kadri but he is a lot more dangerous playing against 4th liners and scoring giving us a lot of scoring depth.

Agreed.

He's lighting it up in his current role, so apparently the wise thing to do is change his role. :sarcasm:

Reactions: diceman934

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->