Confirmed with Link: Anderson traded for Domi (UPD: signed, 2 yrs, $5.3m/yr)

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
It was not a smart play by Domi. More dumb than lazy and the timing was TERRIBLE. It’s crazy that you guys are making so much out of this.

Domi didn’t look that good/dangerous either way and that entire line needs broken up. Atkinson should be a scratch candidate and Foligno should he getting less time than most of the forwards.

Reactions: JohnnyJacket13

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Jenner-Dubois-Bjorkstrand
Grigorenko-Texier-Foligno
Foudy-Domi-Bemstrom
Robinson-Nash-Atkinson

IMO this is the correct “depth chart” and I would also like to see them as lines.

Reactions: Cowumbus

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
What was the problem with Anderson in CLB, such a unique player, always seen him in the B's jersey, cant beleive this trade for this napkin

Just wait until he starts playing like a soft “50 goal scorer” while putting up 3 goals in 35 games. How “unique” is he?? He’s got a hard shot and good straight line speed. His added physical play, when it occurred, did not add much to the CBJ team who needed and still needs added offensive skill.

Domi is better than Anderson offensively, bottom line. 1 game with a brand new team and teammates doesn’t change that.

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
Just wait until he starts playing like a soft “50 goal scorer” while putting up 3 goals in 35 games. How “unique” is he?? He’s got a hard shot and good straight line speed. His added physical play, when it occurred, did not add much to the CBJ team who needed and still needs added offensive skill.

Domi is better than Anderson offensively, bottom line. 1 game with a brand new team and teammates doesn’t change that.
Big, fast, hard shot, physical, drop the glove...so it is special

Reactions: HabsAddict

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Big, fast, hard shot, physical, drop the glove...so it is special

Hes the resident blind hater of Anderson. Excuse his blind hatred

Not everything negative I say about certain players of your choice is “blind hatred”. You can’t continue to spout the BS when my “hate” is literally correct/true.

Boone Jenner is a better player AND a Blue Jacket.

Hopefully for Montreal’s sake, Anderson keeps playing well. I’m not sorry that I’m glad he’s gone.

Good day to you both.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Not everything negative I say about certain players of your choice is “blind hatred”. You can’t continue to spout the BS when my “hate” is literally correct/true.

Boone Jenner is a better player AND a Blue Jacket.

Hopefully for Montreal’s sake, Anderson keeps playing well. I’m not sorry that I’m glad he’s gone.

Good day to you both.

When you only focus on criticism and the negative aspects of a players game and what they bring to the team, yes that is blind hatred.

When he was on the team you were the same way. When he played well it was due to his linemates or because of some luck. When he struggled it was proof of how much the board overrates him and how he was a glorified third liner. You rarely ever tossed him compliments, only in a passing way like you did in the previous post.

Blind hatred is a fair call.

puckie

Jan 19, 2020
I keep wondering if Domi and Torts will work. The chemistry in the line is horrible. Sometimes they are all bunched up in the same spot. I use to watch him in Montreal and still watch Montreal games. The Blue Jackets style seems so much slower and dump/chase hockey.

I am hoping it works. I think he needs faster linemates.

Anderson is looking great for the Habs.

Reactions: Habs13

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
Posted this in the GDT but Max has just 2 shots on goal in 3 games so far, to go along with zero points and a -4.

All of these are either the team worst or near last on the team. Not an ideal start for 16.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I keep wondering if Domi and Torts will work. The chemistry in the line is horrible. Sometimes they are all bunched up in the same spot. I use to watch him in Montreal and still watch Montreal games. The Blue Jackets style seems so much slower and dump/chase hockey.

I am hoping it works. I think he needs faster linemates.

Anderson is looking great for the Habs.

The lines have been shuffled multiple times already. Everyone's been fine playing away from Domi. There's no way around saying he's having a poor start.

Reactions: Bookker and I3LI3

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Funny enough (actually heartbreaking) Josh is dinged up already. He left the game, just came back but isn't looking 100%. He looks damn good running guys at 20mph but apparently that's not sustainable for him either. Car crashes aren't healthy, News at 5.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
Anderson has looked really good and been a good fit for us, but I can see why and how he has had a lot of injuries, he throws his body around almost too recklessly...to be clear was a shoulder or a knee the majority of his trouble?

I hope Domi works out for you, but I have my doubts :(

This isn't meant as a troll post or anything...cheers!

Last edited:
Reactions: HabsAddict

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Anderson has looked really good and been a good fit for us, but I can see why and how he has had a lot of injuries, he throws his body around almost too recklessly...to be clear was a shoulder or a knee the majority of his trouble?

Shoulder. Exclusively shoulder

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
He's playing with an entirely new group of teammates. They know how to play with each other, but not him. The lack of preseason hurt him the most.

Are you talking about Grigorenko or Domi?

:sarcasm:

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012

both shoulders at that

puckie

Jan 19, 2020
Yes, new teammates and new system for Domi. When in Montreal, I saw him make plays that only a few players could make in the league. He can turn on the jets too. Not sure what is going on with him.

Is Atkinson normally faster or is his ankle bothering him?

The team just seems likes they need time to gel. There spacing and movement seems so awkward compared to other teams I watch. If I was Torts, I would split them in two teams and just have them scrimmage each other for a few practices just to get their timing and chemistry down.

Reactions: thebus88

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Yes, new teammates and new system for Domi. When in Montreal, I saw him make plays that only a few players could make in the league. He can turn on the jets too. Not sure what is going on with him.

Is Atkinson normally faster or is his ankle bothering him?

The team just seems likes they need time to gel. There spacing and movement seems so awkward compared to other teams I watch. If I was Torts, I would split them in two teams and just have them scrimmage each other for a few practices just to get their timing and chemistry down.
Its been a few years where Atkinson hasnt been that relentless puckhound who is darting everywhere on the ice.
I think Domi and Texier would work well together but the team wants to give them both fair shots in the middle

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio
The lines have been shuffled multiple times already. Everyone's been fine playing away from Domi. There's no way around saying he's having a poor start.
Ummm....questioning what I italicized in your post. Cam? Foligno? ((although Fligs scored a goal in game 2). I don't think it is clear that it's a Domi issue (yet). IMO , the with/without stats don't have much relevance with such a small sample size. And frankly, 75% of the lineup sucked in Nashville, advanced stats or not. Is Domi and whoever is on his line struggling to find/create chemistry? Yes. So has every other line thrown out there on the ice. Advanced stats do not matter much if you can't put the puck in the net.

Last edited:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Ummm....questioning what I italicized in your post. Cam? Foligno? ((although Fligs scored a goal in game 2). I don't think it is clear that it's a Domi issue (yet). IMO , the with/without stats don't have much relevance with such a small sample size. And frankly, 75% of the lineup sucked in Nashville, advanced stats or not. Is Domi and whoever is on his line struggling to find/create chemistry? Yes. So has every other line thrown out there on the ice. Advanced stats do not matter much if you can't put the puck in the net.

This sounds like it was more accurate about tonight's game than it was about Nashville. Domi was par for the course in this game. That second Nashville game the 3 non-Domi lines all piled up scoring chances. Real genuine chances - shots with the goalie scrambling, shots coming off of cross-ice passes, rush passing plays, etc... Domi had done almost nothing across those two games. 75% of the lineup was good in that second game, I'm sure if you count chances yourself you'd come up with something roughly similar to what the advanced stats say, they really were lopsided in the Jackets favor.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Last night there was a sequence where Domi stole the puck on the back check, made a nice pass, there was a 2nd pass was to a wide open Boone who was ready to shoot, but that pass was so far off his stick, what could have been a fantastic play wasn’t. I forget who the 2nd passer was. But Domi set it up beautifully. We are 4 games in and there was no preseason. Let the guys get used to each other a little before we panic.

puckie

Jan 19, 2020
Having watched Domi a lot in Montreal, I can his 2 strengths are 1) moving the puck up the ice out of the defensive zone 2) ability to make passes and set up scoring chances.

Weaknesses are 1) inconsistent and streaky- one game flying on ice, next game barely noticeable 2) needs to get better on faceoffs 3) sometimes can make bonehead plays and penalties.

He needs to shoot more and also be put with someone who can finish (put the puck in the back of the net).

I had a huge concern about him working with Torts. Torts management/motivation style and system. Only future will tell.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad